K1app

How to calculate cosponsor?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi! I got a question about cosponsor.

My fiancée got earn 18K a year – so its below 212$ than he have to make 18.212 a year.

So we decide to find cosponsor, it can be his dad he got retire, but also working a little. And got 9.000 a year. Can he be a cosponsor?

I think like me, my fiancée, his dad – totally 3 person

And if I look 125% of Poverty Line 2009 it show 22,887 for 3 person.

So we make together 18K+9K=27.000

So, I think correct way? Or his dad couldn’t be cosponsor when he below 18K?

Timeline

Sorry :blush: find the answer...

A joint sponsor whose income and/or assets equal at least 125 percent of the Poverty Guidelines. See question below for more information on joint sponsors.

Edited by K1app

Sorry :blush: find the answer...

A joint sponsor whose income and/or assets equal at least 125 percent of the Poverty Guidelines. See question below for more information on joint sponsors.

Looks like you have it.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Yes we exactly have 125% of Poverty Line 2009, today I know that we made 18.300, 78$ more than we have to make :( , but some people said we have to show like 19K or 20K, because at embassy they can ask for cosponsor. So 125% not enough. Have to be at least 130%...

Edited by K1app

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancée got earn 18K a year – so its below 212$ than he have to make 18.212 a year.

So we decide to find cosponsor, it can be his dad he got retire, but also working a little. And got 9.000 a year. Can he be a cosponsor?

Nope, sorry. The sponsor or co-sponsor must earn more that the minimum guideline for the family size. They do not combine sponsors incomes.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yes we exactly have 125% of Poverty Line 2009, today I know that we made 18.300, 78$ more than we have to make :( , but some people said we have to show like 19K or 20K, because at embassy they can ask for cosponsor. So 125% not enough. Have to be at least 130%...

Kiev is pretty much straight down the line, if you qualify, you qualify. By $1 or $1 million. Make sure:

1, You are counting GROSS income, NOT what your fiancee "takes home" after tax.

2. Include his projection of any reasonable overtime or bonuses for "current income". For example, take his total income for this year until now, divide by the number of weeks and multiply by 52 weeks to arrive at the calculation for "current annual income" Last years income is not so important, they are concerned with current income.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nope, sorry. The sponsor or co-sponsor must earn more that the minimum guideline for the family size. They do not combine sponsors incomes.

agreed :thumbs:

either the primary sponsor earn 18,213 or the co-sponsor earn 18,213, cannot combine needs to be seperated. and for the family size calculation, it would be for 2 people, your fiance and you, or your fiance's dad and you.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Kiev is pretty much straight down the line, if you qualify, you qualify. By $1 or $1 million. Make sure:

1, You are counting GROSS income, NOT what your fiancee "takes home" after tax.

2. Include his projection of any reasonable overtime or bonuses for "current income". For example, take his total income for this year until now, divide by the number of weeks and multiply by 52 weeks to arrive at the calculation for "current annual income" Last years income is not so important, they are concerned with current income.

Meeting the minimum doesn't assure you the Consular officer will not request a co-sponsor. It's nothing more than a guideline. I'd have a qualified co-sponsor in my back pocket if I were in your shoes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.