viji_nyc

I-751 application interview called after 16 months, desceduled as A-file missing

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I had filed my I-751 application in Dec 2007, FP in Feb 2008 and waited for 16 months for application to be approved. In Feb 2009 the processing in VSC went past my application date and I called uscis service center to find out my status. After calling them a couple of time I received a letter in March 2009 stating for an interview on Apr 6th 2009. I went for the interview along with my wife , with all the supporting evidence only to be told cooly by the officers " I have some Bad new your A-file is missing". He told us that they received the file from VSC but some officers might not have entered the current location and it might be found in couple of days. I was told when the file is found the next interview date will be scheduled and informed. I have no idea what to do and completely frustrated.

I welcome all suggestion and info if you have known or experienced such situation.

Thanks,

Viji

Timeline:

Dec 2007 - filed I-751 VSC

Feb 2008 - FP done

March 2008 - online status changed to

received and pending

Jan 2009 - Processing moves past my application date.

March 2009 - request for interview letter received .

Apr 6th 2009 - Interview date at nyc office.

Was told A-file missing ?????????????????

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
Please if somebody could give any suggestions it would be great

Are you saying that your whole file is missing?

How can they miss your whole file?

I have not hear anything like that before. They lost my fingenprints and i have to go again after 14 months.

Do not worry everything will be OK, you are just gonna have to wait. I know is hard.

Edited by maryces21

Maryces21

Mother's Journey

12/30/11 Sent I-130 Petition to CSC

01/14/11 Received NOA 1 (Priority date 01/02/11)

02/14/11 Could see case online

05/04/11 Waiting.......I am pregnant and I wish my Mom could be here when baby is born

05/23/11 Received email. Case approved. Yeahhhhhh

05/26/11 Received NOA 2 in the mail.

--------------NVC stage-----------------

06/07/11 NVC received case.

06/08/11 Called to give emails and got IIN.

06/10/11 Sent DS3032 email and paid AOS fee. Received auto response 15 seconds later.

06/14/11 AOS Showed Paid. Sent AOS Package.

06/16/11 NVC Received and accepted DS3032. AOS Package was delivered to NVC.

06/17/11 Paid IV fee.

06/22/11 IV Showed Paid.

06/23/11 Sent DS-230 via Express Mail.

06/24/11 DS 230 was delivered by USPS.

06/28/11 AOS was accepted per AVR.

06/30/11 Received AOS check list. Missing DS-230. (It was sent 06/23/11)

07/07/11 Case Complete per AVR and operator. Waiting for interview date.

08/01/11 Per NVC Operator Interview date 09/28/11

09/26/11 Medical test. Passed!!!!

09/28/11 Interview date @ BGT embassy. Approved!!!!!!!

10/06/11 Visa arrived.

10/19/11 Arrived to USA. POE ORLANDO

11/14/11 Received Green Card

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline

[

Edited by maryces21

Maryces21

Mother's Journey

12/30/11 Sent I-130 Petition to CSC

01/14/11 Received NOA 1 (Priority date 01/02/11)

02/14/11 Could see case online

05/04/11 Waiting.......I am pregnant and I wish my Mom could be here when baby is born

05/23/11 Received email. Case approved. Yeahhhhhh

05/26/11 Received NOA 2 in the mail.

--------------NVC stage-----------------

06/07/11 NVC received case.

06/08/11 Called to give emails and got IIN.

06/10/11 Sent DS3032 email and paid AOS fee. Received auto response 15 seconds later.

06/14/11 AOS Showed Paid. Sent AOS Package.

06/16/11 NVC Received and accepted DS3032. AOS Package was delivered to NVC.

06/17/11 Paid IV fee.

06/22/11 IV Showed Paid.

06/23/11 Sent DS-230 via Express Mail.

06/24/11 DS 230 was delivered by USPS.

06/28/11 AOS was accepted per AVR.

06/30/11 Received AOS check list. Missing DS-230. (It was sent 06/23/11)

07/07/11 Case Complete per AVR and operator. Waiting for interview date.

08/01/11 Per NVC Operator Interview date 09/28/11

09/26/11 Medical test. Passed!!!!

09/28/11 Interview date @ BGT embassy. Approved!!!!!!!

10/06/11 Visa arrived.

10/19/11 Arrived to USA. POE ORLANDO

11/14/11 Received Green Card

I am really sorry that this has happened. I would call USCIS every 3 or 4 days and ask them if they have found the file. I would probably call the 800# every day. It is their fault, not yours. Good luck and try and remain calm.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

I'm sorry about your situation,

There are government mechanisms designed to keep these Gov Agencies Honest, You need to get in touch with the office of your Congressman or Senator, and not just have a casual conversation with them, but actually let them know that this just can't happen, This complete Disregard to people's lives is just a bunch of #######, no one is asking for a green card to heaven (per say) I assume you work and pay your Taxes, so the Gov has a duty to provide you with decent service, with dignity, not the case here.

Much like the other person in this thread, I had to wait for 12 months and then they told me my prints Expired, but they didn't, so they asked me to redo them, so I automatically have to wait an extra two months before I can ask about my case, #######?

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Viji_nyc,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and your frustration behind it.

Yet another example of how incompentent the USCIS can be... :bonk:

How the heck do they lose a person's immigration file???? (especially if it is many pages thick).... :blink:

Definitely it's not your fault here. Actually, they shouldn't have called you in for an interview, knowing that this happened, as it was a waste of your time, effort, and money in going there. Well, at least they had the decency to admit that they were wrong in losing your file, so I guess that would be some sort of apology (yeah right) on their end for this mess.

And yes, you should further inquire about this, even if you have to go to your local Senator and Congressperson for more serious action to be taken on your case. Don't be afraid to point out "their mistake and wanting answers" for your case either. You deserve better treatment than this!

Good luck on the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

Hi all,

I had filed my I-751 application in Dec 2007, FP in Feb 2008 and waited for 16 months for application to be approved. In Feb 2009 the processing in VSC went past my application date and I called uscis service center to find out my status. After calling them a couple of time I received a letter in March 2009 stating for an interview on Apr 6th 2009. I went for the interview along with my wife , with all the supporting evidence only to be told cooly by the officers " I have some Bad new your A-file is missing". He told us that they received the file from VSC but some officers might not have entered the current location and it might be found in couple of days. I was told when the file is found the next interview date will be scheduled and informed. I have no idea what to do and completely frustrated.

I welcome all suggestion and info if you have known or experienced such situation.

Thanks,

Viji

Timeline:

Dec 2007 - filed I-751 VSC

Feb 2008 - FP done

March 2008 - online status changed to

received and pending

Jan 2009 - Processing moves past my application date.

March 2009 - request for interview letter received .

Apr 6th 2009 - Interview date at nyc office.

Was told A-file missing ?????????????????

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Viji_nyc,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I am in the same boat and i fear that they have lost my file as well. We filed in January 08. Had the FP march. My file was touched in march of 08. Ever since, NOTHING.

I called them twice only to recieve a letter that my case has been pulled and that i should hear something within 90 days. bear in mind my one year extension was slowly drawing to an end. I finally was able to make an infopass appointment and get my passport stamped for another one year.

At the immigration center, i asked the lady who stamped my passport why the delay. She simply told me that the case was still under review.

I therefore asked myself the following questions:

1. Under review for what?

2. If you need more info, simply ask me to send more info.

3. If i need an interview, simply send me the letter stating the date and i will be there.

My logical conclusion is that they have misplaced my file and your experience only validates my point. I am 15 months and counting. But i cannot stress, i cannot argue with them. I will wait even if it takes 5 years.

Hello,

the same thing happened to me when I was adjusting my statuts. Normally Dallas had a Speedy program called DORA where the the process is supposed to take 3 months from start to finish. Guess what I did hear from them in more than a year. I got pissed and contacted them many times. The answer they wre giving me : you passed the background check all is needed is for the officer to make a decision. WTH ! :angry:

I contacted my frking senator who was no help since she has other priorities. After contacting the office of the Ombudsman, then things started moving. You know what they told me : the file was misplaced on the officer desk, and she is not with USCIS anymore. Why did I have to suffer because you morons employ good for nothing rejects?! the whole process took me 15 months instead of 3 !!

AGAIN contact the office of the ombudsman, and do not take their BS about calling you for another interview. They screwed up they have to fix it....

Good luck

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Thanks for the info, I find it weird that the office of my senator assured me a month ago that my file was in someones desk, someones desk???? ####### is that supposed to mean?? I have a legit Job and they are starting to ask what happened with my status? I know I'm fine I just don't want to have to keep explaining to them why I'm OK. I wonder if these people at USCIS read this forum! If you read the terms of use of this site there is a clause about them having to disclose info to USCIS in case they ask for it, I would say they must have done that in the past for the clause to be there,

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your replies. It has been really tough for me and my wife to understand whats going on. I really appreciate all the suggestions. In the process of contacting the senators office. But i am so unhappy at this point. We work hard , pay our taxes, pay $700 to uscis to get jerked around.

I just dont get it whats wrong with these people.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your replies. It has been really tough for me and my wife to understand whats going on. I really appreciate all the suggestions. In the process of contacting the senators office. But i am so unhappy at this point. We work hard , pay our taxes, pay $700 to uscis to get jerked around.

I just dont get it whats wrong with these people.

Please tell me they do not ATTEMPT to charge you the fees again :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.