antda

I-751: "Ant's I-751 Mailbox checking obsession adventures..."

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Today's Update:

Thursday April 9th

In-person post office check: 9:45 am- No Mail at all. Nothing. Nada. Ziltch.

USPS Mail, 3:00pm: No Mail at all, Again.

:crying: ....(literally)...........

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww.... I hope you were kidding/exaggerating about literally crying over this. :( I'm sure you'll be approved, even if it does seem to take forever. They don't deny too many of these, do they? Especially when the couple is still together AND having a baby! Congratulations on that, by the way!

Best wishes with both.

venusfire (soon to join - sending paperwork later this month, inchallah)

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

~sigh~

Well the mail carrier has already stopped by the home of LastSurvivor and my wife received zilch/notta/zip from the USCIS bunny on Good Friday. We leave for Thailand April 15th so we have three mail days to get the "Congrats" letter. I now stand at the mailbox like a little kid and reach in and pull out one letter at a time believing the next one will indeed be the magic letter. Maybe that "Golden Ticket" will arrive in the next day or so. Kind of like it did for Charlie in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". :whistle:

LS

Edited by LastSurvivor

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi AntanD and Jasminelily,

Thank you so much for the advises and kind words. I'm not sure if they'll ask me for more evidence since the marriage was short and I already submitted the lease, joint health insurance, tax return, joint cheking account, plus few other evidences and copies of cards. Although we were interviewed for the AOS, another interview is very possible. I had talked to him about this during the divorce and he expressed interest in supporting me by showing up in case of interview, but then things have gotten worse since then so I am not sure. I guess it's wait and see...But I'm glad it's CSC instead of VSC. Go CSC! :thumbs:

Hi Jasminelily,

Lol...I agree, it's a crazy requirement, and heck, I honestly don't think that all other couples can produce the same joint evidence. For example, try asking other US Citizens couples to prove the same joint evidences...ha, forget it!

Overall, it's not that bad that they ask for such really, as I can understand that they want to see a "joint/mingling of finances" to prove a "genuine joint relationship". However, I just don't think that it's fair that they should just focus on the financials for such. To me, "joint finances" seem weak (even though I have joint almost everything this way), and I would rather see "personal evidence" instead.

Can you fake bills, bank accounts, taxes...yes, in my opinion. Paying bills and taxes together doesn't necessarily show "love" to me...

Can you fake many personal photos, letters, cards, notes, etc. from the other spouse, family, relatives, friends...yes and no, in my opinion. This personal evidence provides a more "human" side to the story, and as such seems more "genuine and loving" to me....

But alas, we live in a "financially based" society and country. And "money talks" for "love"...... :whistle:

P.S. By the way, I couldn't even add my name to some of the bills and other documents, as these companies/agencies have a "can have one name listed only" policy. Anyone else ever encounter this similar problem when trying to "put paperwork in joint names"?

Now USCIS seems to like this crazy requirement about JOINT NAME EVERYTHING, including utilities bills. As I have posted on other threads before, I believe utilities bills are the weakest evidence ever but USCIS seems to put a heavy weight of insisting to have those. I put "my name and Matt Damon" on the electricity and cable TV bills. The utilities providers don't care what's the name as long as someone is paying the bill, I practically can have whatever name I want to be on there. I really hope USCIS understands that simple point.

It's only a joke everyone, I didn't actually do that, well...... I think I put "my name and Orlando Bloom". Hubby said he wants to put "his name and Jessica Alba". :whistle: I said fair enough. :innocent:

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Rigolettto...Easy for you to say, as you got approved already...Nevertheless, congratulations on your recent VSC I-751 approval! :thumbs:

Lol..By the way, do pre-natal vitamins and juicy juice count as "medication and kool-aid" for me? (as that's what I'm taking at the moment..close enough...)

Stop taking the medication and pick up the KoolAid! :)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Venusfire,

No, I wasn't joking/kidding/exaggerating about literally crying over this...as that's what I've been doing a lot lately... :crying:

I hope that I'll be approved soon too, as I want to turn these "tears of frustration" into "tears of joy". More likely than not, no, they don't deny too many of these cases, especially if they are in a "genuine joint married relationship". And yes, still being a couple and having a baby together is definitely "genuine" enough there (though I didn't submit about this with my initial application, as I got pregnant after I sent in the paperwork, but I did tell them about them afterwards by phone). And yes, I'll submit more evidence regarding that, especially if they ever ask for such.

Thanks for your congratulations and well wishes for us too...:)

Likewise, good luck with your upcoming I-751 immigration journey, and best and well wishes to you too.

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww.... I hope you were kidding/exaggerating about literally crying over this. :( I'm sure you'll be approved, even if it does seem to take forever. They don't deny too many of these, do they? Especially when the couple is still together AND having a baby! Congratulations on that, by the way!

Best wishes with both.

venusfire (soon to join - sending paperwork later this month, inchallah)

Edited by AntandD

Hi LastSurvivor,

Sorry that you didn't receive your I-751 approval yet. I do hope that you get your "magic ticket congratulations letter" soon. Lol..at this rate that the USCIS is working, I think we all have a better chance of receiving "treats" from the "Easter Bunny" and "Willy Wonka", than we do from the "USCIS Bunny" (who looks more like the Christmas Grinch really).

Either way, I hope you and your spouse have fun on your trip to Thailand coming up. And I hope that they don't give you too many problems when you are travelling then.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the "magic congrats ticket" when you return.... :star:

Until then, happy travels! Have fun overseas! And good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too.

~sigh~

Well the mail carrier has already stopped by the home of LastSurvivor and my wife received zilch/notta/zip from the USCIS bunny on Good Friday. We leave for Thailand April 15th so we have three mail days to get the "Congrats" letter. I now stand at the mailbox like a little kid and reach in and pull out one letter at a time believing the next one will indeed be the magic letter. Maybe that "Golden Ticket" will arrive in the next day or so. Kind of like it did for Charlie in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". :whistle:

LS

Hi Birdlover2008,

No problem about the advice and kind words. After all, we are all here on VJ to help each other, right? From the looks of it, I think you submitted sufficient evidence for your I-751 case, so you should be ok there. For I-751 cases, they usually don't do interviews. However, since you are filing on a waiver, I think you would probably get interviewed or get an RFE for this. Don't worry, if this happens, just have all your paperwork ready, and you should be fine there. It's helpful too, that your ex-spouse is going with you if there is an interview, so that would help too, especially if they ask for both sides of the story. Sorry that your marriage didn't work out, but I do hope that you can move on from this and find happiness in the rest of your life.

Thanks for your congratulations and well wishes about our Baby. Lol...I haven't received the approval or the green card yet....So meanwhile I still keep on waiting...

Hopefully your prediction of "the card will come first" will come true for me, as well....

What's funny about all of this though, is that I can predict when my Baby will be born (sometime in July 2009), but I can't predict when the USCIS will approve my I-751 case... :rofl:

Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too!

Hi AntanD and Jasminelily,

Thank you so much for the advises and kind words. I'm not sure if they'll ask me for more evidence since the marriage was short and I already submitted the lease, joint health insurance, tax return, joint cheking account, plus few other evidences and copies of cards. Although we were interviewed for the AOS, another interview is very possible. I had talked to him about this during the divorce and he expressed interest in supporting me by showing up in case of interview, but then things have gotten worse since then so I am not sure. I guess it's wait and see...But I'm glad it's CSC instead of VSC. Go CSC! :thumbs:

And btw, AntandD, congratulations on the baby!!! I was one of the people who predicted that you will get the card before the baby comes... ;)
Edited by AntandD

More Updates...

Friday April 10th

I honestly thought that "Good Friday" was a holiday here in the USA. Apparently not. It's funny how my husband was right about this one too, even though I didn't believe him at first. So yes, they still deliver mail here in the USA on good friday, as it's not a federal holiday here after all. Lol...I guess I've been living in Canada too long....(note: good friday and easter monday are holidays there)

In-person post office check: None (had a medical appointment)

USPS Mail, 3:00pm: Information about baby cord blood banking

Saturday April 11th

In-person post office check: 9:30am (too early, post office didn't open until 10:00am, so I just went back home to wait for the mail later in the day)

USPS Mail, 3:00pm: Other government agency letter, Medical bill for D

Sunday April 12th

Happy Easter!

No mail, be it that today is Sunday/Holiday for USPS

Monday April 13th

In-person post office check: None (had another medical appointment)

USPS Mail, 6:00pm: Baby store coupons, Junk mail

Stay tuned for more updates......

Edited by AntandD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All!

We leave tomorrow and still nothing, notta and zilch from the Post Office. Today is the last possible chance of getting the approval in the mail. I'm not expecting it but who knows. Our friends who filed a month after us with a very "questionable" application received the Green Card in the mail yesterday. I still do not understand what the USCIS worker was smoking that day but it must have been some good $%^& when he gave them the approval. Oh well....it really is only a matter of time anyway.

LS

Edited by LastSurvivor

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Hello Ant,

IMHO, one can fake everything if they really want to. I saw two fake couples that I know of got approved recently, just proved that the system is so easy to fool around. I really wish they would ask us (me and hubby) to appear for interview for this I-751 NOW instead of having us waiting a year and not knowing anything. :blush: We really don't mind the trouble of taking 45 minutes driving trip to the local office, we are true genuine marriage. :star:

jasminelily

Hi Jasminelily,

Lol...I agree, it's a crazy requirement, and heck, I honestly don't think that all other couples can produce the same joint evidence. For example, try asking other US Citizens couples to prove the same joint evidences...ha, forget it!

Overall, it's not that bad that they ask for such really, as I can understand that they want to see a "joint/mingling of finances" to prove a "genuine joint relationship". However, I just don't think that it's fair that they should just focus on the financials for such. To me, "joint finances" seem weak (even though I have joint almost everything this way), and I would rather see "personal evidence" instead.

Can you fake bills, bank accounts, taxes...yes, in my opinion. Paying bills and taxes together doesn't necessarily show "love" to me...

Can you fake many personal photos, letters, cards, notes, etc. from the other spouse, family, relatives, friends...yes and no, in my opinion. This personal evidence provides a more "human" side to the story, and as such seems more "genuine and loving" to me....

But alas, we live in a "financially based" society and country. And "money talks" for "love"...... :whistle:

P.S. By the way, I couldn't even add my name to some of the bills and other documents, as these companies/agencies have a "can have one name listed only" policy. Anyone else ever encounter this similar problem when trying to "put paperwork in joint names"?

Now USCIS seems to like this crazy requirement about JOINT NAME EVERYTHING, including utilities bills. As I have posted on other threads before, I believe utilities bills are the weakest evidence ever but USCIS seems to put a heavy weight of insisting to have those. I put "my name and Matt Damon" on the electricity and cable TV bills. The utilities providers don't care what's the name as long as someone is paying the bill, I practically can have whatever name I want to be on there. I really hope USCIS understands that simple point.

It's only a joke everyone, I didn't actually do that, well...... I think I put "my name and Orlando Bloom". Hubby said he wants to put "his name and Jessica Alba". :whistle: I said fair enough. :innocent:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Speaking of which, anyone else have any other "entertaining waiting stories" to share too?

I like reading and posting to VJ and especially love post from AntandD and jasminelily. They are fun to read :).

jasminelily, The above post was very funny and entertaining :). I agree with what you said, but after dealing with Government document for a while, i have came to this conclusion that, it doesn't matter if their requirement is foolish they want you to comply with it period. If you try to tell them it's useless. :crying:

So i think we have to comply with JOINT NAME EVERYTHING requirement to get ourselves through this painful ordeal.

AntandD,

Thanks for starting another fun thread. I can understand and can imagine what you must be going through as you have 2x the stress we all have. Plus we all somewhat more obsessed in checking mail than we were before.

You us and others VJer best of luck in their visa journey. Hang in there you will hear good news soon :). :thumbs:

Hi LastSurvivor,

Sorry that you didn't get anything from the USCIS before your trip. Regardless, I hope that you have a fun trip, and I hope that they don't give you any problems while travelling either. I agree, it doesn't seem fair that someone that you know who filed after you and got approved before you, and had a questionable case as well. Oh well, as I said before, "there is no rhyme or reason to the USCIS".

Lol..one can only wonder what they smoking there...Hmmm....maybe they take old case files, roll them up into cigar-like shapes, light them on fire and smoke those... :devil:

Hope you get your card when you get back. Oh what a nice "vacation welcome back present" that would be. Until then, good luck and enjoy your trip!

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for baby...)

Hi All!

We leave tomorrow and still nothing, notta and zilch from the Post Office. Today is the last possible chance of getting the approval in the mail. I'm not expecting it but who knows. Our friends who filed a month after us with a very "questionable" application received the Green Card in the mail yesterday. I still do not understand what the USCIS worker was smoking that day but it must have been some good $%^& when he gave them the approval. Oh well....it really is only a matter of time anyway.

LS

Hi Jasminelily,

I agree, one can fake anything if they really want to. But can one fake something in good conscience, without getting caught? I doubt it. Sure they get away with it for the time being, but in the long run, it will catch up to them in some way or other. Yes, the system does have its flaws, and there are definitely more improvements to be made there. I don't think that it's fair that "genuine and honest married couples" should be scrutinized, and yet the "fraud cases" can get away, just because of these flaws.

Likewise, I feel the same way about the interview and/or an rfe now, instead of having to wait around for a decision. "Get the damn thing over with. Aprove me or not, at least let me know!", I find myself constantly saying too. It's more urgent for my situation too, as I don't want to be worry about this while I'm going through a high-risk pregnancy. I don't mind going now for an interview or getting an rfe and in the next few weeks, when my medical condition is still sort of ok and I can do a bit of semi-long distance travelling and have some time for this. But believe me, the thought of going into labour at the USCIS immigration "local" (more like 1-2 hours away) office later on in the pregnancy is a very bad situation. Lol..do I get automatic US Citizenship if that ever happens (just kidding)?

Hello Ant,

IMHO, one can fake everything if they really want to. I saw two fake couples that I know of got approved recently, just proved that the system is so easy to fool around. I really wish they would ask us (me and hubby) to appear for interview for this I-751 NOW instead of having us waiting a year and not knowing anything. :blush: We really don't mind the trouble of taking 45 minutes driving trip to the local office, we are true genuine marriage. :star:

jasminelily

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.