Kardi_Shian

Maybe this will help you prepare for your Interview.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before I went to Manila for my interview, I had everything prepared. There is only one way to find this out:

-Make sure you know all the information that are on the documents especially about your fiance. It is best to know his personal information. Read HIS "I-129F" and "G-325A". Ask your fiance to send those copy to you so you can read them. He had it when he filed the "very famous" I-129F. If they're gonna ask information about him that's gonna be based from these docs. If you dont know this by heart yet, it is best to memorize them.

* My fiance drilled weeks before my interview. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS, its up to you. He asked me all these questions that might NOT be even ask by the pre-screener or the consul. Example, "what is the middle name of your fiance's mother?" Everything about him and his family he drilled me on that too.

-Bring the letter that the US embassy sent you the one that says that your case is eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview and it has your case number on it. Please READ the letter.

* This letter is always delayed but some would get theirs too soon, too. So don't fret if you wont get yours yet. I got my copy right after I already had my visa. What we did was, my fiance sent me the copy that the embassy sent him. Yes, he will receive a copy too. Same letter. Addressed to him but under your name. He got his copy earlier so he sent it to me together with the rest of the docs that I might need and it is what I brought with me in the interview since I did not received mine yet.

- So if you READ the letter that suggested, there is a link there where you can find the interview preparation instructions. This is the link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html then when you get there, scroll at the bottom and click the one that says" K1 Interview Preparation Instructions (English) it will bring you to this link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf where the instructions are.

*The documents that you will need for the interview are listed and each has instructions and discriptions. Please READ IT. Note: there are documents listed that may not be applicable to you. Like the Court and Prison records, other country police certificated (you will only need this if you went to other country or have stayed there and the police certificate must come from that country that your visited) or the prrof of termination of marriage (you wont need this if yo are both single)

-Double check everything make sure you have all the documents you need. I reviewed mine everynight three days before my interview and at that time, I knew my documents were complete and I was ready.

I HAVE A DIFFERENT TOPIC FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS AND WHAT TO DO.

Edited by Kardi_Shian

Eto na lang mas presentable. Hehehe.

Kim20Kardashian-PRN-024996-1-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Before I went to Manila for my interview, I had everything prepared. There is only one way to find this out:

-Make sure you know all the information that are on the documents especially about your fiance. It is best to know his personal information. Read HIS "I-129F" and "G-325A". Ask your fiance to send those copy to you so you can read them. He had it when he filed the "very famous" I-129F. If they're gonna ask information about him that's gonna be based from these docs. If you dont know this by heart yet, it is best to memorize them.

* My fiance drilled weeks before my interview. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS, its up to you. He asked me all these questions that might NOT be even ask by the pre-screener or the consul. Example, "what is the middle name of your fiance's mother?" Everything about him and his family he drilled me on that too.

-Bring the letter that the US embassy sent you the one that says that your case is eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview and it has your case number on it. Please READ the letter.

* This letter is always delayed but some would get theirs too soon, too. So don't fret if you wont get yours yet. I got my copy right after I already had my visa. What we did was, my fiance sent me the copy that the embassy sent him. Yes, he will receive a copy too. Same letter. Addressed to him but under your name. He got his copy earlier so he sent it to me together with the rest of the docs that I might need and it is what I brought with me in the interview since I did not received mine yet.

- So if you READ the letter that suggested, there is a link there where you can find the interview preparation instructions. This is the link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html then when you get there, scroll at the bottom and click the one that says" K1 Interview Preparation Instructions (English) it will bring you to this link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf where the instructions are.

*The documents that you will need for the interview are listed and each has instructions and discriptions. Please READ IT. Note: there are documents listed that may not be applicable to you. Like the Court and Prison records, other country police certificated (you will only need this if you went to other country or have stayed there and the police certificate must come from that country that your visited) or the prrof of termination of marriage (you wont need this if yo are both single)

-Double check everything make sure you have all the documents you need. I reviewed mine everynight three days before my interview and at that time, I knew my documents were complete and I was ready.

Thank you for the good instructions. My fiance is very nervous. What are some of the questions that they asked so we can prepare and I can calm her down? Is it bad that she has not met any members of my family yet or talked to them on the phone?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the good instructions. My fiance is very nervous. What are some of the questions that they asked so we can prepare and I can calm her down? Is it bad that she has not met any members of my family yet or talked to them on the phone?

Tell her not to worry about not knowing your family members. I didn't know any of my fiance's either, but I did memorize all their names (just brothers and sisters). So, as long as you have your papers all in order, the interview is a BREEEEZE. Trust me. Some questions:

Prescreener asked: What's your peitioner's (or fiance's) name? How old is your fiance? How old are you? What's your petitioner's job? What does he/she do for a living? He also asked about my job because in my bio form I showed I was still working.

Interviewer asked: What's your name? What's your age? Petitioner's age? How long have you known each other? Have you met in person? Are you both single? Did your petitioner come to the Philippines? Let me see your pictures together?

Bottom Line: know all the info in your forms. Because that's the basis of their questions. Hope this helps! Happy Easter!

Eto na lang mas presentable. Hehehe.

Kim20Kardashian-PRN-024996-1-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.