lovealways

vsc to csc transfer

26 posts in this topic

Does anyone agrees with me that the second and third batches of VSC to CSC transfers have slowed down in approvals speed? It seems as if those transfered on Feb 11th were quickly processed than those after. It has been about 1 month a half and we are still untouched ... Could this be due to the H1B cases season? Any idea?

thanks in advance for sharing ...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Does anyone agrees with me that the second and third batches of VSC to CSC transfers have slowed down in approvals speed? It seems as if those transfered on Feb 11th were quickly processed than those after. It has been about 1 month a half and we are still untouched ... Could this be due to the H1B cases season? Any idea?

It could be everything.

But some 2/25 transferees have been approved already.

I think it all depends where on the pile your file is.

No matter what, we're next.

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

It could be everything.

Let's keep our fingers crossed Italian-in-nyc. Good luck , hope we get approved this week !

It is really irrational how they work ...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I am in the same boat. Is it panic time???

sl

It could be everything.

Let's keep our fingers crossed Italian-in-nyc. Good luck , hope we get approved this week !

It is really irrational how they work ...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in the same situation; i.e., transferred to CSC on Feb. 25 and no touches since Feb. 27. I'm getting mighty antsy about this approval. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. Guess that's because as we've all seen on this website, the USCIS is not immune to making mistakes and things can go horribly wrong. With this process, I'm a 'expect the worst and hope for the best' kind of person.

Fingers crossed for the remaining Feb. 25 transfers!

Jo-Anne

I'm in the same situation; i.e., transferred to CSC on Feb. 25 and no touches since Feb. 27. I'm getting mighty antsy about this approval. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. Guess that's because as we've all seen on this website, the USCIS is not immune to making mistakes and things can go horribly wrong. With this process, I'm a 'expect the worst and hope for the best' kind of person.

No this is kind of worrisome. They actually processed the Feb 11th case in less than 4 weeks for the most . I checked the list it looks like only 6 or 7 2/25 cases have been approved so far out of 18 and i have seen March cases approved. even if they work in batches , it's hard to explain how March transferees will be approved ahead of feb cases.

The other scenario could be that they moved back to process the CSC cases ( non transferees) right after June cases.

My file was transferred some time towards the end of March and I got my approval letter in the mail on Monday. Don't put too much faith in the USCIS website status updates. Mine's still saying "case pending in VSC" :wacko:

I-751

10/15/08 - Received NOA1

11/07/08 - Received Biometrics letter

12/05/08 - Biometrics Appointment

03/20/09 - Transfered from VSC to CSC

04/01/09 - Approved

05/01/09 - 10 year green card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well we can all speculate 'til the cows come home but there is no way to say for sure when applicants will be approved. It's a guessing game at best. If I haven't heard anything by next week, I'm planning to call just in case an RFE was sent from CSC that I haven't received. I'm tired of waiting and worrying.

J

Jo-Anne

My file was transferred some time towards the end of March and I got my approval letter in the mail on Monday. Don't put too much faith in the USCIS website status updates. Mine's still saying "case pending in VSC" :wacko:

same here. I will give it a week and contact my senator's office is a ranking member of the senate immigration committee). Just so they can find out what's going on. It is better to know if our files are still in existence to say the least.

This is not just being worried it's about losing my job. Most employers do not want to deal with an uncertain immigration status. especially now. So, i'm sooo troubled by going back to my HR to tell them that my status is still uncertain... It is truly annoying..but ... i guess that's life .

I saw a new approval CSC sent in Jan 09 . So my theory must be holding namely that they are also approving the existing CSC cases instead of attacking the old Vermont transfers.... sooo unfair

Edited by lovealways

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well I'm certainly starting to become annoyed. If our case had stayed at VSC that would be one thing, as I pretty much knew it was going to take 11 months.

Now that they transferred, us to CSC, its hit and miss, with no real order! :wacko:

I am so sick of dealing with the fvcking USCIS!!! :ranting:

Now they want to legalize the illegals... great! :rolleyes:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well I'm certainly starting to become annoyed. If our case had stayed at VSC that would be one thing, as I pretty much knew it was going to take 11 months.

Now that they transferred, us to CSC, its hit and miss, with no real order! :wacko:

I am so sick of dealing with the fvcking USCIS!!! :ranting:

Now they want to legalize the illegals... great! :rolleyes:

Call your congressman and let them do the nug work. I don't waste time calling USCIS, we have elected officials that can do it for you and get better results.

Edited by Alex

K-1 Visa

7-1-05: Mailed Packet to Vermont (USPS Priority Next Day)

7-2-05: Delivered to VT. Signed by P. Novak

7-6-05: NOA1 received

7-11-05: Check Cashed

7-14-05: NOA1 snail mail

7-25-05: NOA2 email

8-03-05: File sent to Manila Embasy

8-23-05: Packet at Embassy

8-31-05: Medical

9-08-05: Interview... APPROVED!

9-14-05: Visas Delivered

11-19-05: Married

06-25-06: Green Card approved at USCIS in Wash. DC (AOS)

I-130(Daughter)

02-17-08-Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02-19-08-Received EAC Assigned

02-25-08-NOA1 from Vermont SC

08-26-08-Transfered to CSC

09-04-08-Touched (Pending at CSC)

09-08-08-Tocuhed

09-15-08-NOA2 from CSC

9-19-08-Touched

9-22-08-Touched

9-25-08-NVC Letter

9-26-08-AOS fee paid online

10-08-08-Mailed I-864/Hard copy DS3032

10-09-08-Email DS 3032 approved

03-25-09-Interview at Embassy

03-25-09-Visa approved

04-20-09-10 yr green card received

I-751(Lift Conditions)

07-14-08-Mailed to Vermont SC

07-16-08-Check Cashed(received) EAC assigned

08-19-08-Bio Metrics in Alexandria

02-25-09-Transfered to CSC

06-01-09-Approval letter (Green card being processed)

No this is kind of worrisome. They actually processed the Feb 11th case in less than 4 weeks for the most . I checked the list it looks like only 6 or 7 2/25 cases have been approved so far out of 18 and i have seen March cases approved. even if they work in batches , it's hard to explain how March transferees will be approved ahead of feb cases.

The other scenario could be that they moved back to process the CSC cases ( non transferees) right after June cases.

Hello i beleieve that there is a tremendous inconsistency in the USCIS processing of our cases :crying: .I am happy for everyone that gets approved but its quite unfair that almost everyone filed or filing at California keeps on getting approved ahead of the transfer batch.I have stared at my mailbox long and hard praying for an envelope with USCIS paper telling me i am approved.But i am still waiting.I will soon see the March transfers approved and i will still be waiting.Soon the people who have filed today will be approved and i will still be waiting.I am getting really fed up of waiting.It's not a proper wait either , we get almost no information on our cases after transfers and are stuck in limbo waiting on a RFE, denial letter or approval daily.I liken myself to smeigel with the ring from the lord of the rings waiting on precious daily always looking for precious :blink: .I hope the 02-25-2009 batch is approved soon.Thats when i was transferred and its been 9 months of waiting.Good luck everyone :innocent:

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

(I'm a 03/02 VSC to CSC I-751 transfer, but that's close enough to the 02/25 transfers here...)

I agree. As I said before in other posts, "I don't care whether or not I receive that new card or not", rather it is the "being stuck in immigration limbo, and not knowing what is happening with my case/file" that bothers me (and I'm sure everyone else too).

There is "no rhyme or reason" as to the way the USCIS approves I-751 cases. And it's not fair either that they don't honour the "first come first served" rule, and that many others are getting "skipped" because of this as they wait patiently in the line. Sounds like very bad customer service to me, as they don't "deliver when promised, and the customer is not getting what they paid for" (for example, 6 months as promised time-wise from the USCIS site...you can forget about that)...

Meanwhile, this is not a minor matter either, as many people have so many things "on the line" because of these delays. For example, work, education, travel, moving, renewing legal documents, etc. plans have to be re-adjusted and/or re-considered because of the incompentency of the USCIS. As well, there's always that risk of "deportation", waiting for an interview, or getting an rfe, while waiting too. Does this sound fair? No, I don't think so.

Sure a few weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things of life. But if one has to make crucial decisions and/or have decisions made for them in the meantime, then yes, this could be a serious matter, indeed!

Lol..just my 2 cents (make that my $545+ worth of thought).... :)

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

(I'm a 03/02 VSC to CSC I-751 transfer, but that's close enough to the 02/25 transfers here...)

I agree. As I said before in other posts, "I don't care whether or not I receive that new card or not", rather it is the "being stuck in immigration limbo, and not knowing what is happening with my case/file" that bothers me (and I'm sure everyone else too).

There is "no rhyme or reason" as to the way the USCIS approves I-751 cases. And it's not fair either that they don't honour the "first come first served" rule, and that many others are getting "skipped" because of this as they wait patiently in the line. Sounds like very bad customer service to me, as they don't "deliver when promised, and the customer is not getting what they paid for" (for example, 6 months as promised time-wise from the USCIS site...you can forget about that)...

Meanwhile, this is not a minor matter either, as many people have so many things "on the line" because of these delays. For example, work, education, travel, moving, renewing legal documents, etc. plans have to be re-adjusted and/or re-considered because of the incompentency of the USCIS. As well, there's always that risk of "deportation", waiting for an interview, or getting an rfe, while waiting too. Does this sound fair? No, I don't think so.

Sure a few weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things of life. But if one has to make crucial decisions and/or have decisions made for them in the meantime, then yes, this could be a serious matter, indeed!

Lol..just my 2 cents (make that my $545+ worth of thought).... :)

Ant (Still waiting for I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

That's a little dramatic. There is no delay in any of those things. The green card is extended for a year. Now after a year and no card, I could see how there could be problems.

K-1 Visa

7-1-05: Mailed Packet to Vermont (USPS Priority Next Day)

7-2-05: Delivered to VT. Signed by P. Novak

7-6-05: NOA1 received

7-11-05: Check Cashed

7-14-05: NOA1 snail mail

7-25-05: NOA2 email

8-03-05: File sent to Manila Embasy

8-23-05: Packet at Embassy

8-31-05: Medical

9-08-05: Interview... APPROVED!

9-14-05: Visas Delivered

11-19-05: Married

06-25-06: Green Card approved at USCIS in Wash. DC (AOS)

I-130(Daughter)

02-17-08-Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02-19-08-Received EAC Assigned

02-25-08-NOA1 from Vermont SC

08-26-08-Transfered to CSC

09-04-08-Touched (Pending at CSC)

09-08-08-Tocuhed

09-15-08-NOA2 from CSC

9-19-08-Touched

9-22-08-Touched

9-25-08-NVC Letter

9-26-08-AOS fee paid online

10-08-08-Mailed I-864/Hard copy DS3032

10-09-08-Email DS 3032 approved

03-25-09-Interview at Embassy

03-25-09-Visa approved

04-20-09-10 yr green card received

I-751(Lift Conditions)

07-14-08-Mailed to Vermont SC

07-16-08-Check Cashed(received) EAC assigned

08-19-08-Bio Metrics in Alexandria

02-25-09-Transfered to CSC

06-01-09-Approval letter (Green card being processed)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.