chispas

Deportation from the UK

10 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'd like to know what are some of the instances where a deportee from the UK can legally return to the country. For example, if I person has children in the UK and is deported, does that person automatically get a special VISA to reenter the country for "family" visits? Also, if a person has been deported from the UK, would that show up on the person's police report? Thanks

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Thanks for the links. I also learned today that in the UK if someone has been arrested before there is no way to find that out without the person's permission or them requesting the information. The consulate in San Francisco said that not even a lawyer can get that information from the UK. That's a little scary.

Why is that scary?

There are data protection laws at the national level in the UK, and at the supranational level in the EU.

Just because someone went to law school, it doesn't make them privy to confidential information.

Edited by Marty J

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

I would think that being arrested would show up in the police report for the interview as you request it yourself so that would show permission, interesting

Amazing the things that you find out, we had someone using our address fraudulently, the guy was even arrested and was out on bail and they were writting to us, I spoke to the police to see how this can happen and they say they dont have the man power to check the addresses out, now that is really scarey

Why is that scary?

There are data protection laws at the national level in the UK, and at the supranational level in the EU.

Just because someone went to law school, it doesn't make them privy to confidential information.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. I'd think if there was a legal case, the individuals trying the person should be able to get information through the legal system to prove their cases. I don't think lawyers run around trying to pry into other people's private life without needing that information for their cases.

I would think that being arrested would show up in the police report for the interview as you request it yourself so that would show permission, interesting n

Amazing the things that you find out, we had someone using our address fraudulently, the guy was even arrested and was out on bail and they were writting to us, I spoke to the police to see how this can happen and they say they dont have the man power to check the addresses out, now that is really scarey

It doesn't show up on the report after X number of years. So technically one can lay low and it'll eventually disappear. That is what I understand.

Why is that scary?

Not sure I understand what you're saying. I'd think if there was a legal case, the individuals trying the person should be able to get information through the legal system to prove their cases. I don't think lawyers run around trying to pry into other people's private life without needing that information for their cases.

Under UK law they would only be entitled to that information if it was a criminal case in which case it would be a law enforcement agency rather than a lawyer applying for that information. Taking a civil law case against an individual would not entitle you or your lawyer to have access to confidential information held about that individual as that would be a breach of their human rights.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

I would think that being arrested would show up in the police report for the interview as you request it yourself so that would show permission, interesting n

It doesn't show up on the report after X number of years. So technically one can lay low and it'll eventually disappear. That is what I understand.

you can find the step down guidelines here http://www.acpo.police.uk/asp/policies/Dat...20Records06.pdf

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Why is that scary?

Under UK law they would only be entitled to that information if it was a criminal case in which case it would be a law enforcement agency rather than a lawyer applying for that information. Taking a civil law case against an individual would not entitle you or your lawyer to have access to confidential information held about that individual as that would be a breach of their human rights.

Wow. Thanks for the information.

Edited by chispas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.