MapleLeafBaby

K1-INTERVIEW FILE PREPARATION

121 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Quick question JUST TO BE SURE:

I'm waiting for the interview but I would like to go the US from Friday April 24th to Tuesday April 28th. I'm still working and I have my rent etc ... in Canada. Is it ok to try to come to the US at that time of the process?

Thanks

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Quick question JUST TO BE SURE:

I'm waiting for the interview but I would like to go the US from Friday April 24th to Tuesday April 28th. I'm still working and I have my rent etc ... in Canada. Is it ok to try to come to the US at that time of the process?

Thanks

YES! No problem. Just bring some evidence with you, that you're coming back.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I went to the US between NOA1 and NOA2 and i didn't get any questions going to the US but it was right after NOA1 so I thought we were not in their system yet.

Coming back to Canada, I usually have the question 'where do you work' 'where are you coming back from' and that is it. They look at my Canadian visa and that is it.

I haven't gone to the US since mid-october 2008, he is the one coming here every weekend pretty much so i thought we could change....

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

We don't have our interview yet but i doubt it will be on April 27th or 28th. So I'm going to book some flights :)

Thanks for the advices !!

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I thought of something you're missing from the list: Your interview letter!

But yeah, like the others said, if you're missing something you can just send it to them after. You aren't moving until June right? That gives you a good 6 weeks to get the visa! That's plenty of time.

Oh I thought of something you're missing from the list: Your interview letter!

But yeah, like the others said, if you're missing something you can just send it to them after. You aren't moving until June right? That gives you a good 6 weeks to get the visa! That's plenty of time.

I do have it, forgot to list it :) I have copies of everything from ds230, to NOA2, to checklist etc...I make copies of everything!

But yes, the letter is crucial to getting into the building!

We have discussed our move date, and I will likely head down the third week of May.... my lease expires June 1st and this place needs to be cleaned out... so excited!

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Don't worry, Poprocks. They don't ask for proof of the wedding. I also don't recall being required to bring additional proof of relationship. The interview is pretty much a formality for the straight-forward cases. You'll be fine.

Thanks Krikit, makes me feel better! :) I just hope the IRS trans make it in! I would hate to be turned away for insufficient docs :( gotta stay positive!!!! :)

Well, even if you do have insufficient docs, they'll just hold the visa until you send them in. Not a biggie.

Hey Poprocks...you and I have our interview on the same day ;)

Ohhh, that's so cool that you two get to meet!

My interview is the same day as well!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Hopefully the weather will get better, so we're not waiting out in the cold! Lol'!

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow... I've been away from home since last Saturday and all of a sudden, I'm feeling like I'm behind the 8-ball, even though I'm sure I've got everything - just need to make copies. In 1 week, we'll be in MTL, awaiting the Thursday morning interview... AAACK!!!

<sigh>

I'm keeping calm (at the moment). I just need to go through PopRocks' list to make sure I've got everything. We've been talking about who'd post the list first and I knew she'd beat me to it, because of being out of town. You go, girl!!! Thanks for posting the info.

Everytime I start to think about the interview, my stomach does flip-flops and I want to hurl. I'm not even the one "really" being interviewed! LOL Yowza.

I'll be home in a couple of days and plan on putting the finishing touches (read: making the copies of everything) by Tuesday afternoon of next week. Here's to all of you for your great advice and information! Cheers!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline
My interview is the same day as well!

Holy smokes! It's going to be like old home week for you guys! lol

Wow... I've been away from home since last Saturday and all of a sudden, I'm feeling like I'm behind the 8-ball, even though I'm sure I've got everything - just need to make copies. In 1 week, we'll be in MTL, awaiting the Thursday morning interview... AAACK!!!

<sigh>

I'm keeping calm (at the moment). I just need to go through PopRocks' list to make sure I've got everything. We've been talking about who'd post the list first and I knew she'd beat me to it, because of being out of town. You go, girl!!! Thanks for posting the info.

Everytime I start to think about the interview, my stomach does flip-flops and I want to hurl. I'm not even the one "really" being interviewed! LOL Yowza.

I'll be home in a couple of days and plan on putting the finishing touches (read: making the copies of everything) by Tuesday afternoon of next week. Here's to all of you for your great advice and information! Cheers!

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much, July09Bride. It's just a small formality.... really. My husband attended the interview and they chatted with him like he was their best friend. They are really really really nice. Just enjoy Montreal. It's a fabulous city. And take a bus tour! It would be awesome if you could afford the time take a side trip to old Quebec city too. It really is lovely there.

iagree.gif

I'm not nervous about the interview at all....I'm concerned that I can stay awake to drive the 14hrs to get there! I am going to head to my parents place on Saturday, that will get rid of three hours, then drive the rest on Sunday. I have my medical on Monday. They said I can pick it up on Thursday, and then the interview Friday, then 14hrs back home driving. YUK! Then to top it off I work a 12 hr shift Sunday. Ain't like grand! hahaha I did do a search last night and found a parking lot that the prices aren't bad that says they are 500 meters from the embassy. Parking is free if you spend $25 bucks in the shopping complex or $16 for the day. Now to get my hotel info from my sweetie! He's looking after that for me. The week long process will end up costing us about $1500. Its my goal to try and get it down to $1300. Hey guys I'll let you know how I do!

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe there are some forms/documents that are needed in duplicate... problem is, I'm not sure what they are! :blink: Help!?!?

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

I believe there are some forms/documents that are needed in duplicate... problem is, I'm not sure what they are! :blink: Help!?!?

DS160 app and conf page x2 copies

DS156 x2 copies

DS156k I did 2 copies just in case.

The rest of all your documents, passport, bc, I134etc..., proof and supporting docs, is just one copy. They want to view originals, and then you leave them with their copy.

:)

N-400 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.