Ja55ie

Insufficent Income

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

.. I just recieved word from my fiance that the interview went alright.. They said that I need to show proof of income and that my income was too low.. My bank statemets were seen but they still needed to show more annunal income since my tax returns didn't.. What do i nedd to send to hear.. After the appropriate papers are sent.. then the visa will be sent out.. Is there a specific form that needs to be filled out?.. What should I do.. ?.. If theres anyone out there that has an idea about it.. Can you PLEASE help me...!!!..

THANK YOU :star:

is there a family member that can sponsor?

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

Ja55ie,

It's not so much what do you need to send - there are any number of documents that one could use to show their income. More important, as you should now realize, it what the numbers contained in those documents are. Tax returns are a prime document use to show one's income, and you seem to be saying that your tax returns show insufficient income. If that's correct, there aren't any documents or forms that will help you until you have sufficient income.

Perhaps you need to find someone else to sponsor your fiance? (And to be a joint sponsor a few months from now for his adjustment of status?)

Yodrak

.. I just recieved word from my fiance that the interview went alright.. They said that I need to show proof of income and that my income was too low.. My bank statemets were seen but they still needed to show more annunal income since my tax returns didn't.. What do i nedd to send to hear.. After the appropriate papers are sent.. then the visa will be sent out.. Is there a specific form that needs to be filled out?.. What should I do.. ?.. If theres anyone out there that has an idea about it.. Can you PLEASE help me...!!!..

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is your current (today's) income sufficient? If not, why didn't you plan for that?

If it IS sufficient, did you supply proof of that, and/or an explanation of why your tax return(s) are under the poverty guideline?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

What I don't get about the income requirement is that it seems that it unfairly targets poor people. I completely understand that the government does not want another financial burden on its hands if the fiance comes over and uses taxpayer-funded programs because there is insufficient income, but what about the thousands if not millions of US citizens who are married and live paycheck to paycheck? In this case it seems to me that the government is saying only people with a certain income level are able to fall in love and get married.

I personally will not have a problem with this requirement, but when I think of countless others who will be penalized for simply falling in love I can't help but feel sorry.

Just my two cents.

Filed: Timeline

AstroM,

Nobody is being penalized for falling in love, and the government is not stopping anyone from getting married.

The government is minimzing the risk that aliens will come to the USA and become a burden on the US taxpayer.

The sponsorship requirement does not apply to marriage-based immigrants only.

Yodrak

What I don't get about the income requirement is that it seems that it unfairly targets poor people. I completely understand that the government does not want another financial burden on its hands if the fiance comes over and uses taxpayer-funded programs because there is insufficient income, but what about the thousands if not millions of US citizens who are married and live paycheck to paycheck? In this case it seems to me that the government is saying only people with a certain income level are able to fall in love and get married.

I personally will not have a problem with this requirement, but when I think of countless others who will be penalized for simply falling in love I can't help but feel sorry.

Just my two cents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When i looked at my taxes i realized that it was different from what my employer said i made. by 4000 dollars when i asked why my taxes where $ 4000 less then my income statement i was told the money that comes out of my check for health insurance is not taxable income there for it is not recorded on my tax return.I don't know if that is anything like your case if you have health insurance or not you also have to think about assets what do you for assets i know myself i don't have a co sponsor i have just me my girls and jamal so i'm on my own. I have an ESOP account and a car i own i was told i can use as assets also statements from my employer showing actual income.I don't know if anything here will help just a few ideas and if i'm wrong on any of then feel free to tell me

jesssig.gif

ticker.png

morocco.gifusa.gif

* Met Jamal 5-19-05

* First visit to Morocco 10-1-05

* Second visit to Morocco 2-20-06

* Mailed I-129F 5-18-06

* NOA1 06-1-06

* Touched 06-10-06

* RFE 06-19-06

* Touched 06-21-06

* RFE recived in mail and overnited back 06/24/06

* Touched 06-27-06

* Approved 07-06-06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* NVC recieved case 07-10-06

* NVC sent case to Casa 07-12-06

* Casa recived case 07-19-06

* Packet 3 recived by Jamal 07-17-06

* INTERVIEW SCHDULED 08-22-06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* interview success recieved call to pick up visa 09-05-06

* Entered USA 09-15-06

* Married 10-24-06

* Sent in AOS and EAD 02-02-07

* NOA1 for both recieved 02-09-07

* Welcome to the United States letter recived 04-06-07

* Permenet Residency Card recived 04-23-07 WOW !!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Get a co-sponsor, if you possibly can. Also, if you're currently making enough money to support your fiance but your past tax returns show you making very little money (i.e. you just started a job after graduating from school) maybe you can include more pay stubs than the required 3 to show them that you have a steady income now. But the best and safest bet is a co-sponsor! :thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.