Udella&Wiz

Not a happy camper this morning

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I was a teenager I was pretty awful to my mother. She was trying to go to university and I was running away and just generally being unruly. I did well in school, but I didn't do well at home. I was angry with my mom for a lot of things, that had nothing to do with her, but she was the person I blamed for a lot of things that had happened up to that point. I didn't see her as trying to make a better life for me, I didn't see her as trying to protect me. She was a wall and she was in my way, she was my inconvenience. I didn't care about anyone else but myself.

I look back now and I wonder how she stayed sane through it all.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hmmm i dont know if it will work with ur daughter or not but u could try to call her bluff

just say ok u dont want to go fine im going then beging collecting the phones in the home her cell phone her ipod power cord to the tv, computer but all of that and only ur things in the car she is gonna be really mad but see if she dont follow u to the car

:whistle:

sara

Timeline

I don't have that issue with my kids 3 out of the 4 are teens but the older 2 are boys that may be it. I will agree that boys seem to be easier my daughter will be 14 and already I see a difference between her and her brothers.

As for your daughter you said that you can't leave her behind alone so why not get a sitter. I'd tell her if she wants to act like a 2 year old well she will be treated like one and your going to get a sitter cause their is no way you she will ruin your trip. Start calling ppl, ask anyone her friends parents or family and get it set up and tell her. She has one last chance get packed or she is staying but your going regardless. Then do it.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
I don't have that issue with my kids 3 out of the 4 are teens but the older 2 are boys that may be it. I will agree that boys seem to be easier my daughter will be 14 and already I see a difference between her and her brothers.

As for your daughter you said that you can't leave her behind alone so why not get a sitter. I'd tell her if she wants to act like a 2 year old well she will be treated like one and your going to get a sitter cause their is no way you she will ruin your trip. Start calling ppl, ask anyone her friends parents or family and get it set up and tell her. She has one last chance get packed or she is staying but your going regardless. Then do it.

I like this idea a lot.

Donne moi une poptart!

Udella....I feel for you. I have a teenage daughter, not living with me, but it's still tough. I would love for her to come and visit this summer but her dad is demanding some time of her summer vacation as well. She was supposed to go see her dad on the west coast for her spring break but she procrastinated until it was too late to make any kind of arrangements ($$$$ being an issue).

Here we are the beginning of April and she is procrastinating yet again at committing to spending time with either parent this summer. I've already told her that if she hasn't made decisions by the end of April, we will be making them for her. She will be spending time with both of her parents this summer and she may not be happy but she is only 15.

I know I have time yet to get this settled. I just want you to know that you are definitely not alone when it comes to "difficult" teenage daughter.

I agree with Ontarkie - get her a sitter. That may just be what she needs to prompt her into going on your vacation. I hope all works out for the best.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I hope, since you haven't returned to this thread, that you are on your way to Canada :thumbs:

or at erma brown. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I hope so as well! I have my fingers crossed that everything got sorted. Please give us an update when you can, udella.

I have so much respect for you parents out there. I often get scared at the thought of having children..it is such a demanding job.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
I hope, since you haven't returned to this thread, that you are on your way to Canada :thumbs:

No such luck - I spent most of Sunday and Monday crying privately until I finally went grocery shopping yesterday which sealed the deal. I like the sitter idea too, we just don't know anyone who could do it. Living far away from my family sucks and I told Don that...after 1.5 years almost I have a couple 'work' friends', but nothing special. No one to rely on anyway

Sunday afternoon it was REMARKABLE how well my daughter looked and so Monday morning, after watching her scarf down breakfast and watch a movie...I said, calmly, why don't you go and get packed, we may not have as long a vacation, but at least we can salvage something. She wouldn't, couldn't, made excuses...said next week would be better. It boils down to the fact that she has shut herself off from everyone back home, she doesn't really talk to many old friends anymore, but that's her own fault. She was encouraged repeatedly to foster the old relationships, but because she is her own person, she chose to make her bed....except now we're all stuck with her behaviour.

My dad is beyond angry (and he's a super patient guy)...he is now considering coming down for a week to spend time and try to talk with her. He's the best dude for it. he's a church elder, a negotiator, a former teacher and patient until the cows come home.

I'm just overwhelmingly sad....if only the tickets hadn't been $1341 :( to Toronto from Washington, but it is spring rbeak here...

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I hope your dad does come down and speak with her. She needs to realize she isn't the boss. I wasn't the boss at 17 and I'm still not the boss of my mum and dad at 25. :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

That's so sad Udella. Your daughter doesn't seem to have any feelings of empathy or guilt whatsoever. If the trip is not beneficial to her in some way, she won't go. Has it not occured to her that her agreeing to go would benefit YOU? That going on this trip would be a gift to you and would help you with your state of mind? That by indulging in her selfish behavior, she is causing a person she loves (we assume) much stress and sadness? Has she seen you crying over her selfish behavior? Does she exhibit any guilt at all over her actions? I truly feel for you. (F)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I hope your dad does come down and speak with her. She needs to realize she isn't the boss. I wasn't the boss at 17 and I'm still not the boss of my mum and dad at 25. :lol:

That's right. At the moment, both Tony Danza and Bruce Springsteen are competing to see who's the boss. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.