pars3221

Question Regarding the Exam

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Well the wife is started to study for the exam, but I had a quick question regarding how to study for the exam using the study guide

for example

2. What does the Constitution do?

▪ sets up the government

▪ defines the government

▪ protects basic rights of Americans

or

12. What is the “rule of law”?

▪ Everyone must follow the law.

▪ Leaders must obey the law.

▪ Government must obey the law.

▪ No one is above the law.

do you have to know all three answers or just one is sufficent?

sorry for the stupidt question, but rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for your help

Hi All,

Well the wife is started to study for the exam, but I had a quick question regarding how to study for the exam using the study guide

for example

▪ sets up the government

▪ defines the government

or

Thanks for your help

you just need to know one answer. Also, if she likes studying on a computer check this official uscis n-400 test questions documents out at :

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Also, did she had her FP done? when I completed my FP at the atlanta DO they gave me a book to study lol, so you know if she ahvent had her finger printing done, when you go, just ask for the book, its pretty good with nice explanations. It really aim at teaching you the civics lol

Also I would appreciate if you can post your wifes timeline. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Only 1!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I have to say that for $13 the flash cards are great!! I am now down to a pile of 97 and a pile of 3 (dont knows) although this thread has given me hope for those 3 cards have multiple answers and to think I only need to know 1 is very encouraging....

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

thank you for this question pars3221.. i was thinking about it and was not sure if we have to know all or only 1

and thanks for the replies.. it feels good to know we just have to know only 1 :)

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Are you sure you need to know only one answer for these questions? Sometimes it asks for just one answer specifically. Sometimes the different answers mean the same thing (e.g. Congress or Senate and House of Representatives or Legislature). But I think the answers of these questions have different meanings and it doesn't just ask for one answer. Setting up the government and protecting basic rights of Americans are definitely two different things. For question #12, they basically mean the same thing but I'm not sure how strict the IO is. For example, one of the December filers was asked who has to register for Selective Service and she answered "Males at the age 18" The officer was not happy with that answer, even though it's in the booklet like that, but she wanted to hear "Males between the age 18 and 26". Also, one of my questions was "What does the judicial branch do?" and I gave all four answers for that also.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi All,

for example

▪ sets up the government

▪ defines the government

or

Thanks for your help

You are an american citizen , and you dont know those answers . Are you for real

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

just pick one.

Hi All,

for example

▪ sets up the government

▪ defines the government

or

12. What is the "rule of law"?

Thanks for your help

Filed: Timeline

Believe it or not, I memorized all the answers. You can ask me what are the 22 Indian tribes in the US and I can give you the 22 answers... I really did my best to memorize all of them because I didnt want to be taken by surprise. You'll never know who your AO will be and what type of personality does he/she have. Believe me, they can ask you anything they want and you are obliged to give the correct answers. You cant reason out saying "but it says in the booklet to give just one answer..."

Better be safe than sorry... since I filed before October 1 2008, I knew I could be given a choice to take the old or the new exam. Given the chance to choose, of course I will choose the old test. But to be on the safe side, I studied both the old and the new test, just in case my AO wouldnt give me a chance to choose. Fair enough, that's what happened. He didnt give me a chance to choose. He just asked questions right away... from the old test. Can you imagine my worries if I didnt study the old test and just hoped that the AO will give me the chance to choose the new test? I know that there isnt much of a big difference between the 2 exams, but I could have been very unlucky if I didnt study the old test and all of the questions asked by the AO were the ones eliminated from the new test. My AO even asked me to give the 2 senators from my state, not just one. I know that you're asking about the new test, but my point is, you can never be sure of what the AO will ask you. Sometimes, they ask stuff from the booklet that are not even highlighted as questions. I guess it depends on their mood. Did I regret studying both the old and the new test? or regret memorizing all of them? No. Because during the interview, I was confident that I am prepared for any questions the AO would ask me... and that made me less nervous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.