k1CsUser

Interview Experience

6 posts in this topic

Hi All.

Just wanted to share the interview experience that my fiancee and I had.

[1]

Arrived at the embassy. The guard directed us to the consular section. Security Checks.

[2]

We were called to a window for paperwork collection. The lady (local staff) asked for: DS 156, DS 156k, DS 230, Financial Documents (I 134 + Bank Statement + Employment Statement + 1040 or W2), Police Certificates, Birth Certificate and Passports (both my fiancee's and my).

[3]

We were asked to wait for fingerprinting. Got called pretty quickly. A gentleman (local staff) was done with fingerprinting within 2 minutes. We were asked to wait again.

[4]

Interview:

We went up to the window together. The CO asked us to identify ourselves. He then asked my fiancee to sign the sworn statement in DS 156K and DS 230. Both were in duplicates. After that he spoke to me in English checking if it is alright to ask me questions. I said yes. He asked my fiancee to step out. Questions ranged from "How did you meet?" to "Did you stay together prior to the interview? Did you have breakfast together? What did you have?". He then asked my fiancee to come back in, and me to step out. Same questions were asked of her. After he was done, I was called back to the window. He gave us a "white slip" which basically states when and where to pick up her passport and the visa packet. They asked my fiancee to come in a week to pick it up. I asked if everything was in order, and the CO's answer was "Oh yeah. Good luck and have a nice day".

The CO spoke all languages common to the country fluently, without a translator. He spoke English to me b/c he "prefers to speak to nationals in the national language". He spoke Armenian to my fiancee.

[5]

Comments:

- Local staff is very rude (being originally from there, I kind of expected this)

- COs/Americans are customer service oriented, which was pleasant to deal with

- The process (time between us walking into the embassy to being done) was about 45 minutes. No wait time at all.

- We were not asked for any proof of bonafide relationship (no emails, phone bills, even photos). Maybe because I travelled there for the interview, and the CO chose to cross examine us, who knows ...

- I 134 new form vs old form ... I had the new form, notarized but they did not care.

Overall, a very nice process at the embassy. My fiancee will pick up her passport and visa packet on Monday. I do not anticipate any issues at that stage.

This website has been very helpful and I wish all the best of luck. I am sure I will be coming back here for AOS as well as to help others with what I can.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Yes, add my thanks also! Very informative and helpful :)

0910262302151d80_6881__t.jpg

05/03/2008 -- first email

11/01/2008 -- first skype messages

01/14/2009 -- she flies to USA, stuck overnight in Frankfurt

01/15/2009 -- she arrives in USA

01/16/2009 -- proposed! she says YES!!! :)

02/14/2009 -- 6 days of bliss in Walt Disney World (6mo given on I94)

02/23/2009 -- sent I129F Next Day Air

02/25/2009 -- NOA1

03/01/2009 -- Touched

04/09/2009 -- She flies to USA for 9 day visit (6mo given on I94)

06/20/2009 -- She arrives for summer visit (6mo given on I94, warned about too frequent visits)

06/30/2009 -- NOA2

Note: petition processed thru NVC and sent to embassy in about 1 week :o

Note: got an initial interview date in Sept, but decided to put it off so she could extend her vacation here thru end of October

10/21/2009 -- She returns to Poland :(

12/01/2009 -- Embassy interview -- SUCCESS!! :)

Hi All.

[1]

Arrived at the embassy. The guard directed us to the consular section. Security Checks.

[2]

We were called to a window for paperwork collection. The lady (local staff) asked for: DS 156, DS 156k, DS 230, Financial Documents (I 134 + Bank Statement + Employment Statement + 1040 or W2), Police Certificates, Birth Certificate and Passports (both my fiancee's and my).

[3]

We were asked to wait for fingerprinting. Got called pretty quickly. A gentleman (local staff) was done with fingerprinting within 2 minutes. We were asked to wait again.

[4]

Interview:

We went up to the window together. The CO asked us to identify ourselves. He then asked my fiancee to sign the sworn statement in DS 156K and DS 230. Both were in duplicates. After that he spoke to me in English checking if it is alright to ask me questions. I said yes. He asked my fiancee to step out. Questions ranged from "How did you meet?" to "Did you stay together prior to the interview? Did you have breakfast together? What did you have?". He then asked my fiancee to come back in, and me to step out. Same questions were asked of her. After he was done, I was called back to the window. He gave us a "white slip" which basically states when and where to pick up her passport and the visa packet. They asked my fiancee to come in a week to pick it up. I asked if everything was in order, and the CO's answer was "Oh yeah. Good luck and have a nice day".

The CO spoke all languages common to the country fluently, without a translator. He spoke English to me b/c he "prefers to speak to nationals in the national language". He spoke Armenian to my fiancee.

[5]

Comments:

- Local staff is very rude (being originally from there, I kind of expected this)

- The process (time between us walking into the embassy to being done) was about 45 minutes. No wait time at all.

- We were not asked for any proof of bonafide relationship (no emails, phone bills, even photos). Maybe because I travelled there for the interview, and the CO chose to cross examine us, who knows ...

- I 134 new form vs old form ... I had the new form, notarized but they did not care.

Overall, a very nice process at the embassy. My fiancee will pick up her passport and visa packet on Monday. I do not anticipate any issues at that stage.

This website has been very helpful and I wish all the best of luck. I am sure I will be coming back here for AOS as well as to help others with what I can.

Good luck.

Hi there i was interviewed April 3 i was with my 2 kids during that time,i probably seen you there...I am really sorry to hear bout what happened to your passport,

but in my experience i was asked by the filipina interviewer for all the emails,photos with me and my fiance but not the phone bills,letter of intend to marry,

and other stuff that i brought with me just affidavit of support,tax return of my fiance,my birthcertificate and kids birthcert. as well,pics.of me and my fiance and emails thats all they asked,

and during my interview i wasnt expected for the few questions that the consul asked because its all bout my ex american bf who is residing here when and why did we broke up blah blah.

I was thinking that they probably asked that question because me and my ex had a daughter but she's living with her dad here in phil.but atleast i answered

all his questions bout it,and it was followed by the questions bout my fiance and after that he just told me that my visa was approved and i said thankyou sir.I am so glad that i passed

that interview,i been so stress preparing all of my documents and now im sick..

Note: I agree that this website is been very helpful and thanks VJ and for the few members here who answered my questions before my interview goodluck to everyone....

Hi All.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

Interview:

[5]

Comments:

Good luck.

Hi there i was interviewed April 3 i was with my 2 kids during that time,i probably seen you there...I am really sorry to hear bout what happened to your passport,

but in my experience i was asked by the filipina interviewer for all the emails,photos with me and my fiance but not the phone bills,letter of intend to marry,

and other stuff that i brought with me just affidavit of support,tax return of my fiance,my birthcertificate and kids birthcert. as well,pics.of me and my fiance and emails thats all they asked,

and during my interview i wasnt expected for the few questions that the consul asked because its all bout my ex american bf who is residing here when and why did we broke up blah blah.

I was thinking that they probably asked that question because me and my ex had a daughter but she's living with her dad here in phil.but atleast i answered

all his questions bout it,and it was followed by the questions bout my fiance and after that he just told me that my visa was approved and i said thankyou sir.I am so glad that i passed

Note: I agree that this website is been very helpful and thanks VJ and for the few members here who answered my questions before my interview goodluck to everyone....

What do you mean about my passport? I think you might be confusing me with someone else ;-) My fiancee and I were not interviewed in Philipines, but in Armenia ;-). I am happy for you and the result of your interview!! Best of luck with the rest of this process, totally kills the romance.

Hi All.

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

Interview:

[5]

Comments:

Good luck.

What do you mean about my passport? I think you might be confusing me with someone else ;-) My fiancee and I were not interviewed in Philipines, but in Armenia ;-). I am happy for you and the result of your interview!! Best of luck with the rest of this process, totally kills the romance.

hello i mean sorry about what happened to the interview of your fiancee,and i thought u were interviewed here in the Philippines.Sorry im kinda sleepy when i replied to your msg.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.