Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Yes, well I spend a bit on the phone bill too...i sent texts to England you see.....but whatever...FINALLY Nigel was reading some of the London consulate reviews on their interview processes so he has the idea what he's in for....so he was looking around this site, he's not quite as proficient as I am on here but he looked at a few timelines and so forth, so I think he's slowly getting the whole idea...lol. Well tomorrow is the big day for the USCIS site update, see how they're going....i'm playin hooky from work so I am home on the webcam with Nigel here and there throughout the day...(love that) and have tomorrow off, so maybe we'll have the cam on for 2 days...oh ####### thats awesome...lol, did we ever think in a million years that we'd be doing this? Noooooooo...right now the cam and the phone is my best friend....just to keep in touch with family and fiances!!!

I spend $0 on phone calls each month, except for the expense of my Alltell pay-as-you-go plan. Ian pays for Skype Out, has chosen a local number that I can call, and uses his "3" (a cell company in England) Skype-enabled cell phone to call me.

He pays for cell phone service, yes, but he did before. He just changed to "3" for the Skype capability.

He can call me with no LD charges involved from his cell or computer. I can do the same. It's really nice.

I'm not sure I'm wearing a veil... Our ceremony is going to be on the beach so it might not work out well to have a veil, and feels too formal for what we had in mind.

C'mon. this is your show that you do only once with the groom. I get the feeling that without a veil of some sort then the bride looks a little naked or informal for such an important event. It isn't a casual event, it is the everlasting union between two people, give us some pomp and circumstance! JMO :)

lol yeah, I see what you're saying, but the veil doesn't really hold a lot of significance for me in terms of tradition or 'meaning', and I certainly don't think that the absence of a veil will take away anything from our day. If I went to our wedding in full ball gown with train and veil it would look REALLY odd, and just not really represent 'me'. Not having a veil won't have anything to do with the union between my fiance and myself. :)

Also, as attaya mentioned with the hair... well, I'm probably not going to want to have anything covering mine either... and might end up with some wind on the beach so the veil blowing around would get annoying :lol: srsly...

Attaya... snowy mountain weddings would be very beautiful too!! We have to make sure we all keep in contact enough after this process to see each others wedding photos! :lol:

The dresses you guys posted are really really pretty, and I love the idea of the flowers. I don't think I will be doing a veil either, flowers and a tiara though. Unless the place I get my dress can convince my otherwise lol. I already picked out what I want my hair to look like!

2718449_1.jpg

So much planning to do, but for us we can't do the big wedding until next year for a few reasons, so it gives me a lot of time to plan once I am down there thankfully.

I love that hairstyle, btw. It's quite pretty!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well my hair is short, so i cant do that up-do, and i think i am gonna do like a flower or feather in my hair kinda thing on the side....with a veil and my shawl and dress may be too much bulk...lol...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I just realized how much I've spent on phone bills this month (it's only the 14th!), and it's not good.
I wish Lamine had internet access or a phone that had skype capabilities. Would really, really, really help out.

REALLY, get a Skype annual plan. Mine costs $99 and I have unlimited worldwide calls and text from the computer. It paid for itself in the first month. My girls call me and let it ring once. Then I call them back (or else I call first) direct to their cell phone.

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Timeline
i think i am gonna do like a flower or feather in my hair kinda thing on the side....with a veil and my shawl and dress may be too much bulk...lol...

It is never too much for the big day/show. :dance:

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
I just realized how much I've spent on phone bills this month (it's only the 14th!), and it's not good.
I wish Lamine had internet access or a phone that had skype capabilities. Would really, really, really help out.

REALLY, get a Skype annual plan. Mine costs $99 and I have unlimited worldwide calls and text from the computer. It paid for itself in the first month. My girls call me and let it ring once. Then I call them back (or else I call first) direct to their cell phone.

What is a Skype annual plan? Is it for all countries? Because Senegal isn't on their list of the worldwide unlimited thing. How do I get this?

event.png

Timeline

What is a Skype annual plan? Is it for all countries? Because Senegal isn't on their list of the worldwide unlimited thing. How do I get this?

Saw this:

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-1704950-104...2D%5F%2Dbuilder

Internet calls with Skype - Use your computer to make and receive calls over the Internet to Dakar, Senegal

With Skype for your computer or smartphone, you can make free calls over the Internet to other Skype users in Dakar, Senegal. If the person you are contacting doesn't use Skype themselves, you can still save by purchasing Skype credit or a subscription to receive calls from or dial out to real phones and cell phones in Dakar, Senegal!

moving right along

Timeline

Saw this:

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-1704950-104...2D%5F%2Dbuilder

Internet calls with Skype - Use your computer to make and receive calls over the Internet to Dakar, Senegal

With Skype for your computer or smartphone, you can make free calls over the Internet to other Skype users in Dakar, Senegal. If the person you are contacting doesn't use Skype themselves, you can still save by purchasing Skype credit or a subscription to receive calls from or dial out to real phones and cell phones in Dakar, Senegal!

Ah, I see, all of Senegal is not on the unlimited plan. $.27 a minute it costs with Skype.............. ouch. May be better than what you have now though.

moving right along

Timeline

Hmmmm. I'm not seeing the thing about Dakar, Senegal. I do purchase Skype credit, but it's around 26 to 34 cents a minute-not sure what the variable is. I'll dig around a little more, but from what I've read, my only real option w/Skype is to buy an online number then receive calls for free. Doesn't really help when he can't afford to call me as much as I call him. For him to call me costs about $10 for a 5-8 minute conversation, so he mostly calls just to say "I love you" then hangs up. Anyways-I don't think Senegal qualifies for that $99 deal. I use nobelcom.com phone cards for around 18 cents a minute, and I think that's about as good as it's going to get. Senegal just doesn't seem to be on the high-frequency call radar for the really good deals.

You must have been typing while I was :D

event.png

Timeline
April 14 filer here..Still waiting for a "touch" 90 days after filing. Is that normal?

Yes, normal. Vermont seems to be a few weeks behind CSC so 120-130 days is about right for you.

Edited by usagroom

moving right along

Timeline
April 14 filer here..Still waiting for a "touch" 90 days after filing. Is that normal?

Yes, normal. Vermont seems to be a few weeks behind CSC so 120-130 days is about right for you.

Ok thanks!

Check your VSC thread for more: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189234

moving right along

Timeline

Although it seems like time is absolutely crawling, it did dawn on me today that if all goes smoothly, I'll have the NOA2 in about a month....That doesn't seem so terribly far away.

Anything new and exciting happening for any of you today?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.