Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I dont want to go on VJ either, cause everyone's progress makes me upset, so I will say adios to you all....

Oh no you don't! You get right back here young lady...... don't make me come and get you. :D Your posts are always so funny with exaggerated stress!

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I dont want to go on VJ either, cause everyone's progress makes me upset, so I will say adios to you all....

Oh no you don't! You get right back here young lady...... don't make me come and get you. :D Your posts are always so funny with exaggerated stress!

Yes you are back :). :dance:

Timeline
Welcome back EOTR! Don't go Allie! Its a great lesson in selflessness, be happy for others, even if our journey is taking longer... After what happened with you and Nigel, I decided to wait until he gets his ACPO thing to make sure it says "No Trace". He got a ticket for driving without insurance... never went to court, but had to pay a fine... now we don't know what to fill out... criminal past???

Would that really be a big offense there. Usually, here if you get a ticket for driving without insurance you pay the fine, and its cleared. Jeez...the minor things do they really add up. That is really not a criminal past and should be no relevance to your visa.

Timeline

Endoftheroad I like your new profile pic. But, for some reason due to the green color it reminds me of incredible hulk, and I have to keep reminding myself that it is not. That guy scared the daylights out of my brother growing up :lol:.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ok fine.............i just get all pissy...as you all are well aware...I probably do the most bi^%ing around here anyways....I'm just frustrated and worried sick of course, impatient, waiting till round the 20th for his subject access, like, I can give VJ credit for letting me know about that, but if it wasnt for it, we'd be up the sh*^% creek on his clearance...I get so mad cause England seems so DIFFICULT on getting clearance things more than 15 years back. Plus is criminal damage a crime of moral turpitude? Cause that's what his tire thing was. He had a small fine and 50.03 restitution for the new tire. He remembers the .03 part. lol. I just want to beat my head against the wall sometimes cause of this bump in the road!!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ok fine.............

He had a small fine and 50.03 restitution for the new tire. He remembers the .03 part. lol.

Okay, I won't ground you this time. :D

Funny how certain details get etched in your mind while bigger things seem to wash away. .03 was more an insult than what court or county actually handled the case! :rofl:

moving right along

Plus is criminal damage a crime of moral turpitude?

Yes, it is, but I'm sure they discussed all this at the interview. Remember how approved you are with only the receipt of the court records. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

Yes, it is, but I'm sure they discussed all this at the interview. Remember how approved you are with only the receipt of the court records. :)

No, letting the air out of someone's tire is not "a crime of moral turpitude". Not by a long shot. Bringing someone to the USA for slavery is, or real criminals. That is what the they are wary of. Let's not mince words. Teen pranks on autos are not.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline

No, letting the air out of someone's tire is not "a crime of moral turpitude". Not by a long shot. Bringing someone to the USA for slavery is, or real criminals. That is what the they are wary of. Let's not mince words. Teen pranks on autos are not.

Well remember who we're dealing with, the US-government, they let all sorts of wackos and criminals in somehow and people like Nigel who have teenage antics messing up some guys tire get the axe grinding for coming here and being honest and doing things right. I donno, time will tell I spose. Plus me reading about that section 212 in the immigration and naturalization act says stuff where you spend less than 1 year in jail and more than 5 years ago from filing is exempt so I think its gonna be ok. He just paid a fine and the restitution for the tire. They just needed proof of the damn thing I guess.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

The adjudicator's manual says differently, dude.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

Just love the encouragement...you wonder why i put myself in this place....why i torture myself coming here...

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Just love the encouragement...you wonder why i put myself in this place....why i torture myself coming here...

Remember the day when you read through the adjudicator's manual and you determined that everything was fine? It says that anything committed 18 or over isn't counted, and his crime of letting air out of tires, whatever name you call it by, is absolutely minor. You didn't get a white slip. You got a blue one. They need the document, is all, to put in the file.

You'll be fine!

Obviously, I'm not helping. I'll leave you guys to it.

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

I am wrong anyway. Moral Turpitude is defined in the manual, but I don't believe this offense falls into it in the slightest. You know the manual better than I do.

Sorry

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

I am wrong anyway. Moral Turpitude is defined in the manual, but I don't believe this offense falls into it in the slightest. You know the manual better than I do.

Sorry

He got a white paper that said under section 221(g)which meant they cant give him the visa at the time because of lack of documentation. He had a new guy interviewing him and a big lady(the boss?) behind him watching over him so that probably didn't help his situation either. Obviously he didnt have what he needed due to pure blind faith going in there. Nigel told me point blank that they said we're approved pending the documentation, cause he would have told me were outright denied and I would have freaked out and so would he have. He told me that he wouldn't have left there without a fight essentially so I think I was right in thinking he had to have proof of his stupid-ness back then. Which I think even in package 3 they stated they want records anyways of whatever stuff you did, so its only logical I believe. The end of this month we should have that subject access, so i'm gonna be curious to see come December when the embassy looks it over to see what they come up with for a verdict.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.