Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

We're both getting plain wedding bands with no design or stones.

I love plainness.

I'm with you! That's exactly what I want. :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

You know, I DID buy some chocolate "for Halloween" hehe...but ya, i'm a wreck right now, i'm really glad every day is over just to get to the next, like squares in a board game. I dont want to even think about if we get denied, I really dont know what we'll do. Sell the house, the car, move to England, whatever it takes, but I dont want to think like that right now, I'm just going round and round in my head with stuff right now, Lisa tells me just to BREATHE but its easy for her to say right now. So, i'm really trying to think positive and to keep the thoughts swayed to the approval not a denial...4 more sleeps....lol.

LOL... Ok, eat some chocolate, then. :D You have to breathe sometime. :)

Ian's sitting on his plane right now, about to take off from Heathrow. He said he panicked on the way to the airport, when he went to check his jean pocket for his passport and it wasn't there. I guess he changed jeans this morning, and forgot to move the passport, too. Whew!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
You know, I DID buy some chocolate "for Halloween" hehe...but ya, i'm a wreck right now, i'm really glad every day is over just to get to the next, like squares in a board game. I dont want to even think about if we get denied, I really dont know what we'll do. Sell the house, the car, move to England, whatever it takes, but I dont want to think like that right now, I'm just going round and round in my head with stuff right now, Lisa tells me just to BREATHE but its easy for her to say right now. So, i'm really trying to think positive and to keep the thoughts swayed to the approval not a denial...4 more sleeps....lol.

LOL... Ok, eat some chocolate, then. :D You have to breathe sometime. :)

Ian's sitting on his plane right now, about to take off from Heathrow. He said he panicked on the way to the airport, when he went to check his jean pocket for his passport and it wasn't there. I guess he changed jeans this morning, and forgot to move the passport, too. Whew!

Yay!!! This is great news and I hope he has a smooth POE as well.

Timeline
Oh yeah, those are our engagement rings. I just had to give her a diamond ya know? She could care less but I wanted her to know I was serious. It is a small one at that.

The day we were engaged......... so long ago............ :crying:

I know that most of you should not be bothered by me and my rantings, just move along and no harm done. Really, I wish you all the best of times and maybe we will meet some day for a happy moment.

I freaking do not know what to do in my case. My girls do not read this board, their computer which I bought for them was burglarized (stolen) and they do not go to the cafe often.

We are at the mercy of a very corrupt Chinese system. I asked my girl to please just let it all go but she refuses. It is all for her little girl (now 12), my beloved stepdaughter. I understand this. Even if my little girl loses, it will not be for want of trying.

So, we will be here after you all have gone. Kiss and hugs to you. We started together and I hope we end up in a love cloud together one day.

I will be here cheering you on and supporting you. Besides I will be one of the last persons as well.

Oh, and breathing is not the only thing I've suggested (breathing hopefully gets you out of anxiety for a moment, though).

My tips for the interview: Listen to the questions carefully, answer them honestly. You know they are not going to care about his juvenile offense. They may discuss it, but it's not going to be a show-stopper. You know that from reading the manual. It's just that it's stressful and you don't want your interview to fail. It's not going to!

Star - Hang in there... At least you're making progress! Having an interview date is a good thing. Knowing they're approving people, also good! Smooth sailing from here. :)

EOTR - I really hope things work out quickly for you. It stinks that their computer was stolen. :(

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well funny enough about a hour or so ago, I had a real strange sense of peace come over me, really weird, kind of like the air was let out of me a bit. So will try to keep that for the next couple nights....I remember my visa interview in Canada, was nerve wracking but was easy, I just dont want failure, maybe I read too much on here, these horrible sad stories with other people you know. Aaaanyways, will keep everyone posted. I have Tuesday off so Monday night will be the best or the worst day of my life. Lets hope its the best.

Ttyl.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
Well funny enough about a hour or so ago, I had a real strange sense of peace come over me, really weird, kind of like the air was let out of me a bit. So will try to keep that for the next couple nights....I remember my visa interview in Canada, was nerve wracking but was easy, I just dont want failure, maybe I read too much on here, these horrible sad stories with other people you know. Aaaanyways, will keep everyone posted. I have Tuesday off so Monday night will be the best or the worst day of my life. Lets hope its the best.

Ttyl.

Hi Allie,

Yeah, stay away from reading those posts and stories that makes your mind wander. Every case is different and right now you need positive reinforcement. I tend to do that and start jumping to a million conclusions. So, I am trying my best to stay away from stories that can cause you to think otherwise. I am sure that night will be full of surprises and his interview will be a breeze. Only one more night to go. Yay!!! What time is his interview according to PST time?

Timeline

His appointment is at 9:30 London time, which is 2:30am Arizona time. Course he's lining up a hour before, then like the reviews say, wait for another 1.5hours before they send you to the counter to give papers, then wait another few hours for them to talk to you then over. I'm thinking a total of 5 hours in there. So by the time my Today show is on NBC for me to watch the news I should know a yea or nea. Course i'll be up and down looking at the clock, then the cellphone, then sleep, then the clock then the phone then sleep, toss turn, ya know.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
His appointment is at 9:30 London time, which is 2:30am Arizona time. Course he's lining up a hour before, then like the reviews say, wait for another 1.5hours before they send you to the counter to give papers, then wait another few hours for them to talk to you then over. I'm thinking a total of 5 hours in there. So by the time my Today show is on NBC for me to watch the news I should know a yea or nea. Course i'll be up and down looking at the clock, then the cellphone, then sleep, then the clock then the phone then sleep, toss turn, ya know.

Allie, the interview's going to go wonderfully :)

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Any news Emily or Chaz?

IN PROGRESS

Chaz: P3

eotr: P3

Emily: Interview 10/16/09 RFE WAITING

Allie: Interview 11/3/09 <--- TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!

James: Interview 11/12/09

Rhiann: Interview 11/13/09

Mav: Interview 11/19/09

Ashen: Interview 11/20/09

Star: Interview 12/7/09

:star: Neil: Success 8/31/09

:star: Attaya: Success 9/8/09

:star: Shewack: Success 9/15/09

:star: Perry: Success 9/18/09

:star: ChuckandRhean: Success 10/2/09

:star: SS: Success 10/2/09

:star: Ken: Success 10/7/09

:star: dpds: Success 10/8/09

:star: stlouis: Success 10/19/09

:star: Lisa: Success 10/21/09

:star: Chris and Tanya: Success 10/29/09

Please add and/or correct. P3 means either working on it or sent it in but no interview date yet.

Nothing new here except more waiting. :wacko:

moving right along

Timeline

Chaz and Riggs are still workin and saving for their papers, just plugging along from what she told me last the poor things! Probably a bit overwhelming cost wise and process-wise...which is understandable! Immigration is not for the faint of heart is it!!!!!!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

POE Minneapolis = piece of cake

The packet was reviewed by the immigration officer, they gave him the low-down on the getting married within 90 days bit, and off he went. No questions asked at all. :star:

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

The packet was reviewed by the immigration officer, they gave him the low-down on the getting married within 90 days bit, and off he went. No questions asked at all. :star:

Congratulations!!!! I'm so, so, so, so happy for you! I'm so happy that you two are finally together again! Congratulations! Woo-hoo!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Endoftheroad-I'm so sorry for all of this hell that the court systems over there are putting you through. Don't give up! It's not going to be six years. I sure hope that you're going to see them soon.

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! I'm so, so, so, so happy for you! I'm so happy that you two are finally together again! Congratulations! Woo-hoo!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Endoftheroad-I'm so sorry for all of this hell that the court systems over there are putting you through. Don't give up! It's not going to be six years. I sure hope that you're going to see them soon.

IAN IS IN THE USA!!! WELCOME BROTHER!

Thanks attaya, There is no way I'm giving up even if I have to wait six years. My boss is going to let me know this week if they are going to give me the money so I can go to China next week. xfingers_crossedx :thumbs:

moving right along

Timeline

Yeah, your definitely not going to get any sleep, and I don't blame you. All that waiting will be excruciating.

Yay!!! This is great news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.