Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

somedaysomehow - I don't think it's time to worry yet, theres still a bunch of April filers that are still unapproved, if they pass you by then maybe its time to worry. I think the whole 'they may be already married' thing doesn't come up until the consulate stage? Correc tme if I'm wrong. I don't even think that your fathers wife being cousins with your fiance would come up, at least I can't imagine a question that would lead into that.

Best of luck to you, its coming soon!!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
somedaysomehow - I don't think it's time to worry yet, theres still a bunch of April filers that are still unapproved, if they pass you by then maybe its time to worry. I think the whole 'they may be already married' thing doesn't come up until the consulate stage? Correc tme if I'm wrong. I don't even think that your fathers wife being cousins with your fiance would come up, at least I can't imagine a question that would lead into that.

Very sweet and supportive thank you very much Jauque :)

Well they do know Jenelyn and my fathers wife are cousins because I included it on the cover letter I made with our petition ... I really wanted it to be up front and honest and not be a suprise later in the process to anyone ... they typically ask if they have any relatives already in the US ( At least the USEM seems to ask this pretty commonly) so that is why I included that information right up and front for them. We had nothing to hide and I am glad and happy I met Jenelyn through a relative, I just hope they see it the same way as we do.

You could be right about the "already married thing" .... lucky for her and I the Philippines tracks who is single .. and she already has her cenomar ( which is a certificate of singleness .. meaning no record of any marriage in the philippines ) and she got this after I left there in April so that should be good to go ...

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well they do know Jenelyn and my fathers wife are cousins because I included it on the cover letter I made with our petition ... I really wanted it to be up front and honest and not be a suprise later in the process to anyone ... they typically ask if they have any relatives already in the US ( At least the USEM seems to ask this pretty commonly) so that is why I included that information right up and front for them. We had nothing to hide and I am glad and happy I met Jenelyn through a relative, I just hope they see it the same way as we do.

You could be right about the "already married thing" .... lucky for her and I the Philippines tracks who is single .. and she already has her cenomar ( which is a certificate of singleness .. meaning no record of any marriage in the philippines ) and she got this after I left there in April so that should be good to go ...

Also, I think the fact that you are honest does show your sincerity in the relationship. I would not worry, as their are March 09 filers in CSC that still are not approved. I get so worried as well, but don't have anything in my background check to worry about. I did get a speeding ticket, and believe it or not even got a ticket for talking on the cell phone while driving. I am embarassed about that. It was my fault, but I never will do that again. For instance, in India a lot of petitioners here do meet their fiance or wife in this fashion. They all have gotten approved, and successfully completed the process. I do not believe the way you met should be a factor.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, I think the fact that you are honest does show your sincerity in the relationship. I would not worry, as their are March 09 filers in CSC that still are not approved. I get so worried as well, but don't have anything in my background check to worry about. I did get a speeding ticket, and believe it or not even got a ticket for talking on the cell phone while driving. I am embarassed about that. It was my fault, but I never will do that again. For instance, in India a lot of petitioners here do meet their fiance or wife in this fashion. They all have gotten approved, and successfully completed the process. I do not believe the way you met should be a factor.

Ahhh thank you very much Starlight .. it is good to know others have met this way and made it through this process fine ... I would be interested in how many American- American couples meet this way ... I would be willing to bet close to 50% ... I just am over analyzing every possiblity right now I think and wondering why the heck we didn't get approved with that big wave of approvals a few weeks back ... there was I believe 5 of us with the same NOA1 date of April 30th with received dates within a few days of each other ... all have been approved except for Jenelyn and I ... everyone keeps telling me to be patient the time will come hehe ... even Jenelyn told me to just relax tonight because the only choice we have right now is to wait wait wait ... nothing we can do ... she is amazing like that

Thanks again Starlight for the encouragement :)

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline

Ahhh thank you very much Starlight .. it is good to know others have met this way and made it through this process fine ... I would be interested in how many American- American couples meet this way ... I would be willing to bet close to 50% ... I just am over analyzing every possiblity right now I think and wondering why the heck we didn't get approved with that big wave of approvals a few weeks back ... there was I believe 5 of us with the same NOA1 date of April 30th with received dates within a few days of each other ... all have been approved except for Jenelyn and I ... everyone keeps telling me to be patient the time will come hehe ... even Jenelyn told me to just relax tonight because the only choice we have right now is to wait wait wait ... nothing we can do ... she is amazing like that

Thanks again Starlight for the encouragement :)

No problem I am not a very patient person either. I can understand what you are going through. There is a light at the end of the tunnel :).

Timeline

Hey folks,

I just wanted to share a great book I read. It's call "Who Moved My Cheese?". I am sure the title sounds funny, but it is a easy read. I had to read it for a class, and I can relate to in so many ways. It gets rid of some of our fears about everything. It applies to work and all aspect of life. Its a cute story with lots of meaning. Just thought I would share it with you.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I just wanted to share a great book I read. It's call "Who Moved My Cheese?".

Respectfully, the "book" is insulting to freethinkers. Just my two short cents. I think it is summed up pretty good in this review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3JLSN6LGREPG...=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Have a great weekend!

moving right along

Timeline

Respectfully, the "book" is insulting to freethinkers. Just my two short cents. I think it is summed up pretty good in this review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3JLSN6LGREPG...=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Have a great weekend!

You could only find the negative reviews huh...lol. There is a moral to the story.

You definitely left out the more positive reviews..lol

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-...rBy=addFiveStar

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

Have a great weekend!

You could only find the negative reviews huh...lol. There is a moral to the story.

That was my "two short cents" review and I included a link to what the vast majority of other reviews said.

Here is a book I recommend which is about why we are all here, bringing your loved ones to be with you via the visa program.

NO PRICE TOO GREAT

516tXuyXMXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Product Description

In often raw emotional terms, No Price Too Great tells the story of a Chinese business woman and an American lawyer who met and fell in love while they still lived in separate worlds. The book presents the difficulties, the hopes, the dreams, the fears, and the sometimes crushing and overpowering feelings that were experienced when trying to bring three people from two totally different cultures into one family. This book deals openly and candidly with how differences in age and race and culture between two lovers both before and after they became husband and wife impacted their lives. It also shows the prejudice that exists in surprising places and in surprising ways, even within the same race. The daily chronicle of events after this family was finally together in America is heartwarming and refreshing. It is also true, and because it is told in first person just as it was written when the events happened, it is hard to put the book down. Ultimately this book tells the story of a love that would not be denied The story of an American man, a Chinese woman, and a Chinese girl whose bond became so strong that nothing could keep them from becoming a family. Within this beautiful love story is the compelling and touching story about a teenage Chinese girl who had never known a father. It tells how she came to love and accept a round eyed man who lived on another continent as her own father, and how he in turn came to love her as his own daughter. It also tells how in the end it was their devotion to each other and to the woman they both loved that helped overcome the most difficult obstacle they faced before they could finally fulfill their lifelong dream of having a warm and loving family.

Comments by Readers

The author expected that the book would appeal more to female readers, and he received rave reviews from them, even from Chinese women, such as: "It is so sad ... . It is so happy! ... I must to print pages again. My tears make ink run. I can not see words." But the comments from male readers were shocking to the author. Here are some comments from male readers: "This book will make you laugh and it will make you cry. You will experience sadness and loneliness, happiness and despair. If you are not crying as you read the closing chapters in this book, then you have no emotion." "Ok, I have printed and read the final chapters more than 5 times today. Thank goodness [my fiancee] was at school lest she see tears streaming down my face each time I read them." "I want to say it's just your eloquent writing -- but something else is at work here. Your writing is superb."

moving right along

Timeline

Have a great weekend!

That was my "two short cents" review and I included a link to what the vast majority of other reviews said.

Here is a book I recommend which is about why we are all here, bringing your loved ones to be with you via the visa program.

url="http://www.amazon.com/Price-Too-Great-Lee-Solomon/dp/1598588400"]NO PRICE TOO GREAT[/url]

516tXuyXMXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Product Description

In often raw emotional terms, No Price Too Great tells the story of a Chinese business woman and an American lawyer who met and fell in love while they still lived in separate worlds. The book presents the difficulties, the hopes, the dreams, the fears, and the sometimes crushing and overpowering feelings that were experienced when trying to bring three people from two totally different cultures into one family. This book deals openly and candidly with how differences in age and race and culture between two lovers both before and after they became husband and wife impacted their lives. It also shows the prejudice that exists in surprising places and in surprising ways, even within the same race. The daily chronicle of events after this family was finally together in America is heartwarming and refreshing. It is also true, and because it is told in first person just as it was written when the events happened, it is hard to put the book down. Ultimately this book tells the story of a love that would not be denied The story of an American man, a Chinese woman, and a Chinese girl whose bond became so strong that nothing could keep them from becoming a family. Within this beautiful love story is the compelling and touching story about a teenage Chinese girl who had never known a father. It tells how she came to love and accept a round eyed man who lived on another continent as her own father, and how he in turn came to love her as his own daughter. It also tells how in the end it was their devotion to each other and to the woman they both loved that helped overcome the most difficult obstacle they faced before they could finally fulfill their lifelong dream of having a warm and loving family.

Comments by Readers

The author expected that the book would appeal more to female readers, and he received rave reviews from them, even from Chinese women, such as: "It is so sad ... . It is so happy! ... I must to print pages again. My tears make ink run. I can not see words." But the comments from male readers were shocking to the author. Here are some comments from male readers: "This book will make you laugh and it will make you cry. You will experience sadness and loneliness, happiness and despair. If you are not crying as you read the closing chapters in this book, then you have no emotion." "Ok, I have printed and read the final chapters more than 5 times today. Thank goodness [my fiancee] was at school lest she see tears streaming down my face each time I read them." "I want to say it's just your eloquent writing -- but something else is at work here. Your writing is superb."

Seems like a good book to read, and I would read it. Seems like a touching love story about two cultures. I just wanted to share a book to VJ members about something that we can all learn and apply to all aspects of our life. Just for once get away from the experience from this journey, and empower are thinking in positive ways. As this journey is very nerve wreaking, and the waiting can fill our minds with all the negative thinking. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. By the way I am glad that you have your opinion. Otherwise, this thread would not be so fun if everybody had the same view point. lol

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline
Seems like a good book to read, and I would read it. Seems like a touching love story about two cultures.

It is a story of the K-1 journey, the visa journey, plus the intracies of the relationships we build with our loved ones. It is non-fiction too. These folks live here in the USA and this is their story. It is a story that we all can share and understand.

NO PRICE TOO GREAT

moving right along

Timeline

Weekend blahs... sigh :wacko:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

I had to post this cool dress I saw on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listi...tsy_fins_080809

Good luck for everyone next week! :star:

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline
I had to post this cool dress I saw on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listi...tsy_fins_080809

Good luck for everyone next week! :star:

I don't think I'd look twice at that dress if I saw it on a rack. I don't know if its the girl wearing it or what but I really like that dress.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.