Lisa and Ian

April 2009 K-1 Filers

3,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I like to receive flowers...

There is another saying, it's the thought that counts. If the thought comes with a piece of nature that smells great and is pretty... well the thousands of years tradition of giving flowers has already been stated. Maybe us old farts need fragrant flowers a little more. :lol:

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On the visa subject: We got out NOA2 on July 23, but NVC did not receive our case yet. That starts worrying me. It looks like 2-3 week is common now for NVC to receive it, at least based on this thread. Still, I did not expect it to be so long...

It'll happen sooner than you think. Mine was at two and a half weeks-which is a little long, I guess, but not in comparison with all the waiting that came before. I guess I should bite my tongue until I'm out of NVC....

Man, my English is going down the drain! I just wondered if "bite" was spelled "bight" ugh. Gotta stop learning other languages ;)

Edited by attaya_girl

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

There is another saying, it's the thought that counts.

I think that too...

Maybe us old farts need fragrant flowers a little more. :lol:

Oh no, oh nooo! I am an old fart now ;) I knew that will happen when I turned 30 this year :rofl:

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Does anyone know till what time on weekdays they process applications till? 5pm PST?

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
It'll happen sooner than you think. Mine was at two and a half weeks-which is a little long, I guess, but not in comparison with all the waiting that came before. I guess I should bite my tongue until I'm out of NVC....

Man, my English is going down the drain! I just wondered if "bite" was spelled "bight" ugh. Gotta stop learning other languages ;)

I think it's all expectations -- from timelines, it seemed that NVC stage goes 'very fast'. Anyways, hope it happens soon.

I wish your case to get out of NVC soon!

K1:

NOA1: 04/06/2009

NOA2: 07/23/2009

POE: 10/25/2009

Marriage: 10/30/2009

AOS & EAD:

Date sent: 11/23/2009

AOS & EAD NOA1: 12/01/2009

Biometrics done: 12/24/2009

Received RFE for I-693, although we included I-693 with AOS.

Replied to RFE with full medical

EAD approved: 01/22/2010

AOS Interview scheduled: 03/08/2010 Approved couple of days later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So I called USCIS today and asked why I had not got an NOA2 letter. After going through it with "Josh" who said I should wait until I am approved, even after I told him that the NVC had rcvd and then sent out my case, I asked for a supervisor. She was extremely nice and said that she would put through the mailing (seems they had no record of it being mailed in the first place) and she gave me a reference number to track it. Very nice.

Oh that's awesome, most people who don't receive their NOA2 in the mail end up paying the uscis 400$ for a new one. Good to know that they will do that if you speak to a supervisor.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

So I called USCIS today and asked why I had not got an NOA2 letter. After going through it with "Josh" who said I should wait until I am approved, even after I told him that the NVC had rcvd and then sent out my case, I asked for a supervisor. She was extremely nice and said that she would put through the mailing (seems they had no record of it being mailed in the first place) and she gave me a reference number to track it. Very nice.

Oh that's awesome, most people who don't receive their NOA2 in the mail end up paying the uscis 400$ for a new one. Good to know that they will do that if you speak to a supervisor.

400 dollars for a piece of paper?

That's insane.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline
Does anyone know till what time on weekdays they process applications till? 5pm PST?

I think it's later than that, the website/e-mail update for my NOA2 was at 8:12 pm mountain time or something like that. It was also a friday night which makes me wonder if they might not also do some weekend work as well.

That's insane.

No doubt especialy when its an issue of it not having been mailed or the post office losing it, just ridiculous.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

I think it's later than that, the website/e-mail update for my NOA2 was at 8:12 pm mountain time or something like that. It was also a friday night which makes me wonder if they might not also do some weekend work as well.

That's insane.

No doubt especialy when its an issue of it not having been mailed or the post office losing it, just ridiculous.

Wow, late workers.

And I hope the NOA2 doesn't get lost when they send it, I don't want to pay for a tree :wacko:

Edited by Rhiann

Timeline
I don't want to pay for a tree :wacko:

:lol:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

There is another saying, it's the thought that counts. If the thought comes with a piece of nature that smells great and is pretty... well the thousands of years tradition of giving flowers has already been stated. Maybe us old farts need fragrant flowers a little more. :lol:

I used to think flowers were a waste of money, but it's kind of nice to be spoiled sometimes. To each his or her own.

Getting so many roses would be amazing. What did she put them in? :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

I used to think flowers were a waste of money, but it's kind of nice to be spoiled sometimes. To each his or her own.

Getting so many roses would be amazing. What did she put them in? :)

I used to think that too until someone I REALLY liked bought them for me and then I thought it was kind of nice, I think I'd still rather get a good book. But the sentiment is nice.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Getting so many roses would be amazing. What did she put them in?

Typically, as many Chinese tend to be recyclers, she planted a bunch of them around the neighborhood and now there are a bunch of rose bushes growing.

The rest stay on her desk to this day. Love never dies.

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's insane.

That is a rip off. It's close to the same amount when you file the petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Seriously folks, but what is freakin wrong with CSC? Did they go on a "do not approve" strike? I just even want to see a fellow May 09 filer get an approval. Any approval is better than no approvals at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.