Richard90027

Taking wife back to visit her Family

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife just got her green card few weeks ago so I told here we better go visit before she looks for work here. I had to pay $1980.00 airfare for both of us round trip but what really pisses me of is the $59.00 bank America charged me in international transfer fees when I payed with debit card. Also Philippine airlines only has the option to pay in pesos when trying to book local flights between manila and Northern samar. We fly next monday so any ideas how I can pay for local flights in the RP online.

xl91yv7f.png

My wife just got her green card few weeks ago so I told here we better go visit before she looks for work here. I had to pay $1980.00 airfare for both of us round trip but what really pisses me of is the $59.00 bank America charged me in international transfer fees when I payed with debit card. Also Philippine airlines only has the option to pay in pesos when trying to book local flights between manila and Northern samar. We fly next monday so any ideas how I can pay for local flights in the RP online.

we also tried buying domestic tickets using my debit visa and to no avail they wont allow it (also cebu pacific) i called them and they told me they cant verify my card so they wont accept international cards... so i sent my mom some money to buy the tickets for me and have the itinerary scan and emailed to me... thats how we did it... or you can buy when you get there (a bit risky)... happy trip!!! i miss pinas!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

I went to the Philippines January this year, I bought ticket only from North Carolina to Manila not direct to Cebu, because I can save about $ 500.00 if i will buy ticket direct to Cebu that is around $ 1,600.00 the cheapest.

then, I bought my ticket from manila to Cebu through Vayama. www.vayama.com. It was $ 112.00 including the tax ( Phil. airlines).

My returned ticket from Cebu to Manila, i bought when i'm already there in Cebu 1,700.00 pesos only (Phil. airlines ) there is a big difference if you buy domestic ticket in the Phils here.

Im thinking how i can save more next time, bec we're planning to visit earlier next year just to send money in the Phils. to buy ticket for us thru online and we are the one to print the e-ticket here.

One of my connecting flights from manila to Hongkong It was PAL, I knew the requirements using e-ticket and the credit card.

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.