tvn0521

Where can I get visa record of 2005 & 2006???

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anyone out there can help me answer my question. I met a girl in 2005. I need proof that I went to VN in 2005 & 2006, but I don't have it. I never thought about marrying her until last year, so now I'm gonna need evidence when I do the paperwork to bring her over here. The visa that I had in 2005 & 2006 for entry/exit was a single visa, which they took it once I left VN. I need a copy of visa exit and entry when I was in VN in 2005 & 2006. I tried calling the travel agency where I bought the airline ticket, they can't do anything about it. I didn''t keep any airline stubs either. Can I get it somewhere in VN? Is it even possible? Please anyone know the answer, reply back, I am so confused.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-07-09

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-02-07

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-17

NVC Received : 2011-05-31

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-06-06

Pay I-864 Bill: 2011-06-06

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-06-16

Return Completed DS-3032(emailed) : 2011-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-10

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-07-25

Interview Date : 2011-09-14

Interview Result : Passed/Pink

tvn, you asked this same question on a previous post.

If you had no luck with travel agents or the airline, it is unlikely that the VN government will go look in their archives for 3-4 year old proof that you visited. Do you have any other proof of your visits and time with her (hotel, credit card, ATM receipts or photos)?

On top of all that, I don't think it will make much difference. You have to have visited her at least once in the last 12 months (have you done that?) and you need proof of your ongoing relationship. You could have been neighbors since birth but simply having gone to Vietnam 4 years ago will not have much impact, IMO.

ALSO, could you please add a timeline. Thanks.

Edited by toddandhien

Timeline

try go to SO NGOAI VU and ask for it, if they deny then you try to contact "middleman". I believed HCmC have your records but will they share with you is another story. I have same story w/ you, just looked at my passport and there were no stamps. VN stamped on visa, not passport and US stamped on custom form.......

Timeline

If you had no luck with travel agents or the airline, it is unlikely that the VN government will go look in their archives for 3-4 year old proof that you visited. Do you have any other proof of your visits and time with her (hotel, credit card, ATM receipts or photos)?

On top of all that, I don't think it will make much difference. You have to have visited her at least once in the last 12 months (have you done that?) and you need proof of your ongoing relationship. You could have been neighbors since birth but simply having gone to Vietnam 4 years ago will not have much impact, IMO.

I know I did post it before, but I am trying to get more answer. All I got is photos, in order for the photos to use as evidence that we met in 2005 & 2006 I will need a copy of my visa record in 06' 05' showing that I did went to VN. If I just show them the photo and say " oh these photos are from 2005 when we first met and these photos here are from 2006 when I came back to visit her when our relationship got serious", how would they believe that the photos are from those 2 years that I went back. I mean we might look a tiny bit little younger but not really, in this case then I can't use those photos at all. What a waste.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Receive I-864 Package :

I know I did post it before, but I am trying to get more answer. All I got is photos, in order for the photos to use as evidence that we met in 2005 & 2006 I will need a copy of my visa record in 06' 05' showing that I did went to VN. If I just show them the photo and say " oh these photos are from 2005 when we first met and these photos here are from 2006 when I came back to visit her when our relationship got serious", how would they believe that the photos are from those 2 years that I went back. I mean we might look a tiny bit little younger but not really, in this case then I can't use those photos at all. What a waste.

Are you married to this girl? Your profile says K-3. If you are married to her, when? What is your current status? Have you been to VN in the last 2 years?

Do you have wedding photos? Really, if you had airline tickets from 1998 and 2000 and 2002, what does it prove? Build your relationship starting now.

try go to SO NGOAI VU and ask for it, if they deny then you try to contact "middleman". I believed HCmC have your records but will they share with you is another story. I have same story w/ you, just looked at my passport and there were no stamps. VN stamped on visa, not passport and US stamped on custom form.......

Please add a timeline. thanks

Timeline

So did you happen to get that visa record of entry/exit?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Receive I-864 Package :

If you didn't have photos proving that you went back to meet with your fiancee/spouse that year, then travel records is pretty much useless... I think the consulate already knows when you traveled, they just didn't know if you actually met anybody.

Try to dig up credit cards statement that shows you paid to the airline...

I did travel with a greencard but fortunately I had pictures, and I paid for food and drinks with a credit card (got my name, date, time, and place)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.