MIDUVIL

montreal-syracuse or buffalo

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

I'm looking for a trip by bus (cheaper, it's seems me) from Montreal to Syracuse (NY) or Buffalo, for May,

Can somebody help me, I know that ''trailways'' do this itinerary.

But, i find that it's a little expensive (150 CAN or US)- and it's long, around 10 hours and according mapquest, it's 4 hours of driving from Montreal to Syracuse NY.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Edited by MIDUVIL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The reason why it takes so much longer to go by bus or train is because when you get to the border, you wait for everyone to go through customs. On the bus they make everyone get off and collect their bags and walk through customs and on the train, they come into the train and interview each person individually - so it usually takes an additional 2-3 hours just at the border.

I'd take the train, even if it is a bit longer and more expensive. It's a lot more comfortable.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Miduvil,

I'm not sure if this helps..but....

Actually I had to look up similar bus information recently (for a relative of mine, who is visiting in April), on www.greyhound.com, and found out that it costs:

$24.00 (USD) from Toronto ON to Buffalo NY (1 adult, 1 way, 2-3 hours, 109 miles)

But in your case, if you can get a bus from Montreal to Toronto and then another bus from Toronto to Buffalo, then you can try that bus route instead.

Oh and just for the fun of it, I looked this up for you too on www.greyhound.ca :

$73.00 (CDN) from Montreal PQ to Toronto ON (1 adult, 1 way, 7-9 hours, 381 miles)

$30.00 (CDN) from Toronto ON to Buffalo NY (1 adult, 1 way, 2-3 hours, 106 miles)

From my experience, the Peace Bridge crossing in Buffalo NY is generally quite easy and quick to go through, so this is a good way to travel from Canada to the USA and vice versa.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your trip and good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too.

Ant (Still waiting for the I-751, Still waiting for Baby...)

P.S. Nice to meet another VJer like you from NYS too!

Hello,

I'm looking for a trip by bus (cheaper, it's seems me) from Montreal to Syracuse (NY) or Buffalo, for May,

Can somebody help me, I know that ''trailways'' do this itinerary.

But, i find that it's a little expensive (150 CAN or US)- and it's long, around 10 hours and according mapquest, it's 4 hours of driving from Montreal to Syracuse NY.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you Krikrit to have moved my post, I asked me the question to know if it was the good place.

Trailmix, thanks for your reply- can I have more information about the train (70 dollars)- is it a round trip? is it Montreal-Syracuse? Can I know what website I can see to have more inforamtion?

I'm living really in Rochester, and I have a friend who come form Paris to see one of her friend in Montreal and she will come to Rochester after.

Taking a plane from Montreal, is to expensive so we think about asking her to to Syracuse and we will pick her there.

We think about picking her at Toronto , but it's far for us.

We think about the bus from Montreal-rochester, but too long.

The train at 70 dollar seems a good idea.

Thank you Saphire dreams for your suggestions, I tthink that maybe it's a good idea, if it's 70 $, it's a little interesting in euro.

Thank you AntandD- I take all informations and analyse them-

I just wanted her not to travel so long, maybe the syracuse road can be more interesting- from Rochester to Buffalo, it's also a long trip for me to pick up her.

Thank you for your search and yes, it's good to meet other VJ's from NY.

Thanks and good luck for you also (I-751 and baby.....).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello,

Thank you Krikrit to have moved my post, I asked me the question to know if it was the good place.

Trailmix, thanks for your reply- can I have more information about the train (70 dollars)- is it a round trip? is it Montreal-Syracuse? Can I know what website I can see to have more inforamtion?

I'm living really in Rochester, and I have a friend who come form Paris to see one of her friend in Montreal and she will come to Rochester after.

Taking a plane from Montreal, is to expensive so we think about asking her to to Syracuse and we will pick her there.

We think about picking her at Toronto , but it's far for us.

We think about the bus from Montreal-rochester, but too long.

The train at 70 dollar seems a good idea.

Thank you Saphire dreams for your suggestions, I tthink that maybe it's a good idea, if it's 70 $, it's a little interesting in euro.

Thank you AntandD- I take all informations and analyse them-

I just wanted her not to travel so long, maybe the syracuse road can be more interesting- from Rochester to Buffalo, it's also a long trip for me to pick up her.

Thank you for your search and yes, it's good to meet other VJ's from NY.

Thanks and good luck for you also (I-751 and baby.....).

hi that's 1 way - and i just went to the amtrak site

Timeline

I think France needs a Visa to enter the United States as well, so you might want to check into that.

I'm not positive, but my sister's husband is from France and a landed immigrant in Canada and he cannot cross in the US without a visitor's visa.

For trains departing from Montreal, you can look them up on www.viarail.com - it will be in Canadian dollars and will list the Amtrak train information as well.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I think France needs a Visa to enter the United States as well, so you might want to check into that.
:no:

Visa Waiver Program, see map

I'm not positive, but my sister's husband is from France and a landed immigrant in Canada and he cannot cross in the US without a visitor's visa.

For trains departing from Montreal, you can look them up on www.viarail.com - it will be in Canadian dollars and will list the Amtrak train information as well.

Did your BIL have a prior entry-refusal on VWP? Unfortunately, even one entry-denial nullifies VWP and the traveller must get a visitor visa. Edited by CherryXS

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
:no:

Visa Waiver Program, see map

Did your BIL have a prior entry-refusal on VWP? Unfortunately, even one entry-denial nullifies VWP and the traveller must get a visitor visa.

Hmm no I don't believe so, he has never tried to enter because he always thought he needed a visa!! I'll have to relay the good news to him that he doesn't! I never really researched it because I figured he knew best.

Great news!

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.