rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wish you all the best! You are so lucky - how quick is the UK visa system?! Now you can DCF while living there. Good for you!

Cheers!

AmWo

Alas, we can't DCF, as the UK Embassy doesn't allow it. So I may be back here in a few years trying to get a k-3! : )

The UK visa system goes to the opposite extreme as the US one-- I had my visa within a week of applying. Frankly, given the security issues they've been having over there recently, I'd have felt a bit better if they'd given the paperwork a bit more scrutiny. A happy medium between US paranoia and UK laxity would be nice.

I just hope abandoning our K-1 doesn't create problems for us when we come back to visit my family.

Anyway, I'm wildly off topic here. Here's hoping you all get good news soon.

Edited by elizaxyz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, our petition seems to be lost. NVC swears they mailed it, Montreal swears they don't have it. :(

At least the Montreal consulate staff are being helpful. Getting information from the NVC has been like pulling teeth...

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, our petition seems to be lost. NVC swears they mailed it, Montreal swears they don't have it. :(

At least the Montreal consulate staff are being helpful. Getting information from the NVC has been like pulling teeth...

AUGH! :angry: and :(

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Oh, that really sucks! I´m so sorry.

I hope they find it.

When I thought mine was lost too I called NVC and they said I should get an email from the Consulate and fwd to NVC asking for them to start an investigation.

Maybe you should try that.

I hope you get good news soon!

Oh, that really sucks! I´m so sorry.

I hope they find it.

When I thought mine was lost too I called NVC and they said I should get an email from the Consulate and fwd to NVC asking for them to start an investigation.

Maybe you should try that.

I hope you get good news soon!

According to our congressman's office, the Montreal Consulate has already asked the NVC to begin an investigation (although NVC told my fiancé that they haven't heard or received anything from Montreal yet). But I'll believe our congressman's office and Montreal over NVC any day - both have been very helpful and proactive about our case.

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Finally got my NOA2 approval email! April 7 was my original approval date, June 16 the original interview date. Nearly 5 months lost - here's hoping they expedite our interview!!!

Edited by Cigarovich

Timeline
Finally got my NOA2 approval email! April 7 was my original approval date, June 16 the original interview date. Nearly 5 months lost - here's hoping they expedite our interview!!!

:dance::) Hopefully, VSC doesn't take long to send it back to NVC and that your case reaches Moscow fast!

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got an interview date from the consulate in Vancouver (Canada) today! I am out of town so I can't tell if they physically sent me packet 4, but apparently at some point in time I gave them my e-mail address, because I got this in my inbox today:

Dear *****,

Please be advised that The International Marriage Broker Regulation (IMBRA) processing has been completed. We are now able to continue with the processing of your fiancé petition. We have scheduled your interview for 14 Sept 2006 at ***** and your appointment letter will be mailed to you at the earliest. Please bring all original documents with their photocopy on the day of your interview.

Thank you.

K Visa Unit

Vancouver, BC

Thank goodness, looks like I've finally made it out of the IMBRA pit. Hopefully more people will be hearing from their consulates soon..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Good news for Paris people - and hopefully everyone else!?

My fiancés mother called us to tell us the embassy called. They have received our petition and will be sending a letter with an interview date for September. There is no "redo" of packet 3 & 4. They specifically requested my fiancé get a letter from me stating I still want to marry. His mother told them that won't be difficult as I will be in France with him! :yes:

This is very good news because the case was received by Paris Monday and this shows they are giving recalled cases priority.

NOTE: I do not know if this is the same procedure for all or any other embassies. But I hope it is.

Congratulations!

Please keep us posted on your progress. I was approved 8/4 and NVC says they forwarded my petition on 8/10, but Moscow still hasn't received it.

I've had two calls with the State Department now and keep getting the same response - Call back next week and hopefully it will arrive.

----------------------------------------

K-1 Visa

04/17/06- NOA1

04/25/06- NOA2

10/24/06- Interview: Approved!

AOS (Green Card)

01/26/07- NOA 1

02/15/07- Biometrics Appointment

04/18/07- Interview Approved

06/08/07- Receive Welcome Letter

06/11/07- Receive Green Card

Removal of Conditions

03/30/09- NOA 1

04/15/09- Biometrics Appointment

07/07/09- Approved (via Email)

08/03/09- Receive Green Card

Naturalization

03/11/09- Mailed N-400

03/12/09- Received in Lewisville

03/12/09- NOA 1

03/18/10- Check Cleared

04/09/10- Biometrics Appointment

04/26/10- Received Interview Notice

05/27/10- Interview: Approved!

07/10/10- Received Oath Ceremony Letter

07/23/10- Oath Ceremony

Congratulations!

Please keep us posted on your progress. I was approved 8/4 and NVC says they forwarded my petition on 8/10, but Moscow still hasn't received it.

I've had two calls with the State Department now and keep getting the same response - Call back next week and hopefully it will arrive.

Thanks!

Jello - Have you taken my advice and contacted the Moscow Embassy via email at ConsulMo@state.gov ?

Edited by Cigarovich

Congratulations!

Thanks!

Jello - Have you taken my advice and contacted the Moscow Embassy via email at ConsulMo@state.gov ?

I emailed them last week and got the same response earlier this week that they still hadn't received it. I was actually just about to send another email tonight as it usually takes them a few days to respond. I will let you know what response I get.

K-1 Visa

04/17/06- NOA1

04/25/06- NOA2

10/24/06- Interview: Approved!

AOS (Green Card)

01/26/07- NOA 1

02/15/07- Biometrics Appointment

04/18/07- Interview Approved

06/08/07- Receive Welcome Letter

06/11/07- Receive Green Card

Removal of Conditions

03/30/09- NOA 1

04/15/09- Biometrics Appointment

07/07/09- Approved (via Email)

08/03/09- Receive Green Card

Naturalization

03/11/09- Mailed N-400

03/12/09- Received in Lewisville

03/12/09- NOA 1

03/18/10- Check Cleared

04/09/10- Biometrics Appointment

04/26/10- Received Interview Notice

05/27/10- Interview: Approved!

07/10/10- Received Oath Ceremony Letter

07/23/10- Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiancés mother called us to tell us the embassy called. They have received our petition and will be sending a letter with an interview date for September. There is no "redo" of packet 3 & 4. They specifically requested my fiancé get a letter from me stating I still want to marry. His mother told them that won't be difficult as I will be in France with him! :yes:

This is very good news because the case was received by Paris Monday and this shows they are giving recalled cases priority.

NOTE: I do not know if this is the same procedure for all or any other embassies. But I hope it is.

YAY, SUPER< MAGNIFIQUE, FANTASTIQUE!!!! Paris or Bust, AmWO!!!! I hope my fiance hears something soon, as he is, as he puts it, "Craque"!!! :star:

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Timeline

First of all: great news! :)

rlt and I both had already sent packet 3 to the consulate before our cases got recalled. We didn't have to send out anything we got in packet 3 again. They only send us packet 4 again (I got 2 more, after they've gotten my case back this time... I think they love me). They told us that we, recalled cases, would get priority, but the truth is they just schedule the interview like normal, except they don't have to wait for the forms that say we're ready to have the interview scheduled, but for the petitions to arrive from NVC.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

First of all: great news! :)

rlt and I both had already sent packet 3 to the consulate before our cases got recalled. We didn't have to send out anything we got in packet 3 again. They only send us packet 4 again (I got 2 more, after they've gotten my case back this time... I think they love me). They told us that we, recalled cases, would get priority, but the truth is they just schedule the interview like normal, except they don't have to wait for the forms that say we're ready to have the interview scheduled, but for the petitions to arrive from NVC.

Unfortunately it is true.

No priority. They schedule the interview for the next day available. As they are getting many cases lately, they could only fit me in October.

The good part, as Mew said, is that there´s no need to send the forms again. My case got there on wednesday and today I got the interview date.

Hope things move fast to all of you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.