MapleLeafBaby

Where can I find the Montreal Hotel guide???

10 posts in this topic

I know it's around here somewhere,

Any feedback on hotels?

Also, are you able to take your cell phone into the Embassy?

Thanks,

M

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

nope...no cellphones allowed in the Embassy. When you get your inteview letter, it will state everything that you are not allowed to bring in with you.

ROC

Sept 9/11 - Sent I-751 Package in Mail

Sept 12/11 - Package received at CSC

Sept 15/11 - Cheque cashed

Sept 16/11 - Receive NOA for I-751

Sept 19/11 - Receive Biometrics Appointment Letter dated 9/15/2011

Oct 7/11 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 2/11 - Greencard production ordered

Dec 3/11 - received email from USCIS advising card production

AOS

Aug 6/09 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP Package in mail

Aug 8/09 - Packaged received in Chicago

Aug 13/09 - Cheque cashed

Aug 17/09 - Receive NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Aug 21/09 - Receive Notice for Biometrics Appt

Aug 24/09 - RFE Sent in Mail

Aug 29/09 - RFE recieved

Sept 3/09 - Mail back RFE package

Sept 5/09 - RFE package received

Sept 10/09 - I-485 case resumed

Sept 10/09 - Address changed on I-485, I-765 and I-131

Sept 15/09 - Biometrics Appt

Sept 28/09 - AP Approved, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #1

Oct 1/09 - Received AP Hardcopy in Mail, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #2

Oct 5/09 - Received EAD Card

Oct 29/09 - Received Interview Letter

Dec 2/09 - Interview --APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope no cell phones - they will make you check it at the door if you bring it with you.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency and it was super close and decent. A bit dated, but clean and convenient and with parking if you need it. We bought it on Hotwire for $58 US/night. we selected Montreal Downtown 4* hotel and knew we would either get the Hyatt or the Sheraton.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No electronics of any kind!! When I was there, 1 guy wasn't allowed in becuase he had a remote on his key chain! as well no big bags/purses. One of those plastic accordian binders with compartments works great (mine had 13,lol) as you can separate everything!1 keep ur interview letter handy, as the security guards wil want to see it. You go through airport like security, so you don't want a lot of metal/coins on ya! and yes if ur bag is too big, they won't allow u in!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

No electronics of any kind!! When I was there, 1 guy wasn't allowed in becuase he had a remote on his key chain! as well no big bags/purses. One of those plastic accordian binders with compartments works great (mine had 13,lol) as you can separate everything!1 keep ur interview letter handy, as the security guards wil want to see it. You go through airport like security, so you don't want a lot of metal/coins on ya! and yes if ur bag is too big, they won't allow u in!

wow, thanks guys.. a lot I didn't know

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What I thought was strange was that one sign said no purses at all, so I was worried that my tiny one would not be ok, yet I saw people in there with large almost tote-sized purses. I guess it depends who is at the door and what kind of mood they are in that day maybe.

Anyway, I stayed at Hotel Champs de Mars. It was something like $56 per night with the 3rd night free. It was the typical European style tiny basic hotel. Very friendly though and super clean. Unfortunately I can't recommend it because of the one witch that works there.

When I checked in I was given breakfast coupons (full hot breakfast, not a chintzy breakfast buffet type thing). After she had already prepared the coupons, the lady realized that my reservation said "no breakfast". She said that's ok though... she'd already given them to me so I could have them.

Then upon checking out, the witch that I referred to earlier told me that since I wasn't supposed to have breakfast, she would be charging me for them. I explained the situation, and showed her the coupon that I still had for the Monday when I had my interview and wasn't there for breakfast... didn't matter. She claimed that since I knew that breakfast wasn't included and I ate it anyway, I would be charged. She even went to the extent of raising her voice at me after I told her that I would be disputing the charge. Pretty unprofessional.

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, I should mention that this place that is super cheap is about a 15 minute walk from the consulate, and really close to the waterfront which was fun on the weekend.

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have any of you guys stayed at the Embassy Suites in Montreal? My fiance always insists on staying at a Hilton or Hilton family hotel, something about getting reward points... So its either that or the Hilton, both are about an 8 minute walk from the embassy (according to google maps). Any experiences?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually had a tote big enough to fit the Xray plus my purse, they didn't say a thing... the tote I brought was ####### in case they made me throw it out which I knew was possible. I bought a prepaid LD phone card so as soon as the interview was done I could call my sweetie from a pay phone, since I left my cell at my Dad's.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.