Mike's Lucy

Laptop's screen broken.

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My Inspiron 1000 Dell Laptop's screen was broken and so I went to DELL Shop to ask how much it'll cost me to replace the LCD, was told it will be from 10,000-15,000 pesos. I was thinking maybe it will be better to buy a second hand laptop instead of replacing the broken screen.

Do you know any computer shop that sells, cheap second hand laptop? And also what brand is good? There is this Asus Mini Laptop about 10,000 pesos but not upgradable, is this ok?. I want leave this laptop to my mama when i join my fiance in the US, so this is basically for chatting purposes only.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you all.

Lucy

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Hi All,

My Inspiron 1000 Dell Laptop's screen was broken and so I went to DELL Shop to ask how much it'll cost me to replace the LCD, was told it will be from 10,000-15,000 pesos. I was thinking maybe it will be better to buy a second hand laptop instead of replacing the broken screen.

Do you know any computer shop that sells, cheap second hand laptop? And also what brand is good? There is this Asus Mini Laptop about 10,000 pesos but not upgradable, is this ok?. I want leave this laptop to my mama when i join my fiance in the US, so this is basically for chatting purposes only.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you all.

Lucy

that sucks! ive been "SO" dependent to computers and internet, id be lost w/ out one hehe... anyhow have you heard about globe's offer? my friend in cebu mentioned about globe offers free laptop ASUS brand if you will sign up for a 2 yr contract i think. just have to pay P999 maybe or i dont know for sure. but thats an option to get a brand new computer. if you're gona leave it for your mom, its best to have a durable PC (the big one) compared to a laptop... 10-15,000 sounds cheap enough and probably you can find one but expect to have more trouble or issues or less memory etc... although if its for chatting sake lol, they do still need some updates and whatnot in the long run... for the budget that you have, in my opinion dont get a laptop, and just get a pc... as for the brand, HP is good, i never use Compaq but ive heard they're ok. Dell is ok too... but my favorite is Apple (i love my mac) but i wont suggest it for your mom lol. especially yahoo chat, they have different version... nevertheless just shop around, dont buy the first thing you see. i bet there's a lot of surplus nowadays for electronics (stuff that came from japan etc)

good luck!!!

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

quote]

that sucks! ive been "SO" dependent to computers and internet, id be lost w/ out one hehe... anyhow have you heard about globe's offer? my friend in cebu mentioned about globe offers free laptop ASUS brand if you will sign up for a 2 yr contract i think. just have to pay P999 maybe or i dont know for sure. but thats an option to get a brand new computer. if you're gona leave it for your mom, its best to have a durable PC (the big one) compared to a laptop... 10-15,000 sounds cheap enough and probably you can find one but expect to have more trouble or issues or less memory etc... although if its for chatting sake lol, they do still need some updates and whatnot in the long run... for the budget that you have, in my opinion dont get a laptop, and just get a pc... as for the brand, HP is good, i never use Compaq but ive heard they're ok. Dell is ok too... but my favorite is Apple (i love my mac) but i wont suggest it for your mom lol. especially yahoo chat, they have different version... nevertheless just shop around, dont buy the first thing you see. i bet there's a lot of surplus nowadays for electronics (stuff that came from japan etc)

good luck!!!

Thanks May. I will check Globe later, maybe they still have it. Yes it sucks too without my laptop but for now I am using my sister's. Though its different, cant use it anytime I want unlike before. Thanks again.

Lucy

Visit My Website

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Try www.tipidpc.com :thumbs: that is where i buy spare parts of my computer when i was still in PH. Just be wise din in making transactions as alam mo naman na you can't trust everybody here on the net.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Try www.tipidpc.com :thumbs: that is where i buy spare parts of my computer when i was still in PH. Just be wise din in making transactions as alam mo naman na you can't trust everybody here on the net.

hi Pink,

I am reading now the link you sent, i found cheap LCDs and now I am inquiring if they have an LCD for my laptop. Thank you.

Visit My Website

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Pink,

I am reading now the link you sent, i found cheap LCDs and now I am inquiring if they have an LCD for my laptop. Thank you.

no prob :) as of laptop brand, i love HP! my husband is using HP compaq and i can say that it works good. we just bought HP G series laptop online last week and i don't have any complain about it as of now :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.