ratfinkgrad

Interview letter!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my interview letter emailed to me today. They emailed it to both me and my husband for some reason.

I've been reading and re-reading instructions for hours. They say:

"The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all required documents are available at the time of the interview. While the applicant may have previously submitted the majority of required documents to the National Visa Center (NVC), the applicant may not have submitted all necessary documents to the NVC. Failure to bring all required documentation to the interview may result in a delay in visa issuance or a visa refusal. The following documents must be available for the interview:

Appointment Letter

Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States

Police Certificate(s)

Birth Certificate(s)

Court and prison records, if applicable

Military records, if applicable

Color photographs

Marriage Certificate, if applicable

Evidence of financial support (e.g. Affidavit of Support, a notarized offer of employment, or evidence of assets)

Divorce decree or death certificate of spouse, if applicable

Family-based cases: All original documents used to establish the relationship between the petitioner and the applicant

Employment-based cases: A recent letter from the prospective employer confirming the essential elements of the job offer"

The few documents that apply to me I already sent the originals to the NVC. My question is: Do I need to order and pay for another marriage certif and long form birth certif just so I can have it for the interview? I don't really understand what to bring and what I can trust them to have already and not expect from me.

As far as financial support, my father in law is co-sponsoring for us. We already did a AOS form for him and my hubby and sent it to NVC. In my appt letter, "financial evidence" is marked "received and accepted by NVC". Do I need to bring in extra evidence of financial support? My husband is currently unemployed so he's no help, but my father in law makes more than enough. Should I work on getting a bank account statement and a letter from his employer?

Also, from reading people's interview reviews there seems to be some fee to pay when you get there. The instructions I've read only say that if you haven't paid your $400 fee to the NVC you have to do it at the consulate. I thought everyone had to pay that $400 fee to NVC first. Which fee are people paying at the consulate?

Sorry for all the Q's. I filled in my timeline to the best of my knowledge. Thanks to everyone for you help.

Applying for a IR-1 or CR-1 visa from Canada (Montreal Cons.) through the sponsorship of my FABulous husband.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My question is: Do I need to order and pay for another marriage certif and long form birth certif just so I can have it for the interview? I don't really understand what to bring and what I can trust them to have already and not expect from me.

If you already submitted originals to NVC, you do not need to bring more originals to the interview. NVC should have sent the originals to the consulate already. Bring copies of the original documents (if you have them), in the off-chance the NVC or the consulate has misplaced them.

Do I need to bring in extra evidence of financial support? Should I work on getting a bank account statement and a letter from his employer?

Again, if NVC has already received this information, just ensure that you bring copies of the financial evidence that you already submitted. If you're concerned that the information that you did submit wasn't sufficient, you can bring additional information if you think it will assist your case.

Which fee are people paying at the consulate?

The fees people are paying are for K-1 visas and not for CR-1/IR-1. Since you're doing a CR-1, you don't need to bring any money to the interview. Just make sure you bring the correct size xpresspost mailer.

Best of luck! It truly is the easiest part of the process.

:thumbs:

Edited by MrsCat

Timeline

Yep, like the Cat stated, if you already sent in those documents, your good to go! Look over the embassy reviews at the top of the page, or type in Montreal reviews in the VJ search feature, and u should get a lot of them. Keep in mind soem will be k1/K3 and the process differs. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey, I do think that you need to submit the most recent tax return from your SO as well as a sponsor (if applicable). This is just based on research since I wil, too, have an interview soon.

Good luck

What is a SO?

Applying for a IR-1 or CR-1 visa from Canada (Montreal Cons.) through the sponsorship of my FABulous husband.

Timeline
Hey, I do think that you need to submit the most recent tax return from your SO as well as a sponsor (if applicable). This is just based on research since I wil, too, have an interview soon.

Good luck

What is a SO?

Significant Other

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.