Ghorabaa

Approval notice extension

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The validity date on my NOA2 will expire in a couple of weeks and I am getting worried. I am trying to extend the NOA approval notice date and have mailed a 'Request to Extend Approval of I-129f' to the embassy (see example letter below).

I also emailed them with this same letter and received the following response.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates the case is still active and the petition will be revalidated once the applicant is interviewed.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

I am not sure what to make of the response. Are they saying that it has been extended or they will extend it once an interview is scheduled?

(Date)

To: (Name and address of consulate)

RE: (name and vital data of your fiancé, including I-797 approval notice number, date of birth, address, phone number)

Dear Honorable American Consulate of (name of consulate, such as Mumbai):

It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after my fiancé enters the United States.

Therefore, please be aware:

• I and my fiancé continue to be legally single and free to marry.

• I and my fiancé love each other and plan to marry after his/her entrance in to the United States.

• If my I-797 approval notice has expired by the time of my fiancé’s interview,

I sincerely request that you extend the approval notice (copy attached) so that my fiancé, (name of fiancé) may receive the K-1 visa.

Sincerely,

(Notarized Signature)

Edited by Ghorabaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to consulate embassy forum.

Virtually all consulates extend the approval automatically, especially the slower consulates.

More: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html#3.7

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Moving to consulate embassy forum.

Virtually all consulates extend the approval automatically, especially the slower consulates.

More: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html#3.7

ok thanks, but judging from the response i got from the embassy are they saying the same thing, that the date will be extended once the applicant is interviewed?

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates the case is still active and the petition will be revalidated once the applicant is interviewed.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.