kmehmood1

is it true????!!!!???

14 posts in this topic

I was reading someones fourm and it said there that people who are most likely to get AP after interview are muslims????????????????????/

IS THAT TRUE????!!!!?????

Im kinda more worried NOW!!!!

No governmental agent will EVER admit to that, BUT if you look at data here on this site you can definitely see the bias - not just toward muslims. My husband is living in Senegal which is 96% muslim, even though he isn't muslim I anticipate slow down in processing. He is also Nigerian which is a BIG red warning flag to US officials so that will be another slow down. He is also over 40 and never married - another red flag. I am a white woman and the US has a very LONG history of "saving or protecting" it's white women from black men so yet another red flag. Anyways, my point is there are certain unspoken...well maybe not unspoken but definitely unwritten rules of red flag warnings that officials will take into account when processing ANY visa. Unfortunately, the masses suffer for the bad behavior of the few. While I don't like it, I also understand it - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

No governmental agent will EVER admit to that, BUT if you look at data here on this site you can definitely see the bias - not just toward muslims. My husband is living in Senegal which is 96% muslim, even though he isn't muslim I anticipate slow down in processing. He is also Nigerian which is a BIG red warning flag to US officials so that will be another slow down. He is also over 40 and never married - another red flag. I am a white woman and the US has a very LONG history of "saving or protecting" it's white women from black men so yet another red flag. Anyways, my point is there are certain unspoken...well maybe not unspoken but definitely unwritten rules of red flag warnings that officials will take into account when processing ANY visa. Unfortunately, the masses suffer for the bad behavior of the few. While I don't like it, I also understand it - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I too expect AP after my husbands interview, "which I plan to attend" he is Musim, from Algeria living in Paris attending school. Even though he has been there and works as a teacher in the past. I expcet AP. So all we can do is nail the interview, and hope AP goes fast. Its not fair, but it happens. It would be nice if all goes well and quickly. Dont ever give up hope. I feel we will be under AP, Im as American as I can get, I was born on a military base in California, family was military, and now as a adult, I work in the import section of the world, I deal with U.S. Customs everyday, live a good clean life, never been in trouble and neither has my husband, but we expect it. Plus Im 8 years older then my husband. We have a solid past, but that means nothing. Good Luck.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

I too expect AP after my husbands interview, "which I plan to attend" he is Musim, from Algeria living in Paris attending school. Even though he has been there and works as a teacher in the past. I expcet AP. So all we can do is nail the interview, and hope AP goes fast. Its not fair, but it happens. It would be nice if all goes well and quickly. Dont ever give up hope. I feel we will be under AP, Im as American as I can get, I was born on a military base in California, family was military, and now as a adult, I work in the import section of the world, I deal with U.S. Customs everyday, live a good clean life, never been in trouble and neither has my husband, but we expect it. Plus Im 8 years older then my husband. We have a solid past, but that means nothing. Good Luck.

Good luck to you and your husband! but that is so unfair! i was reading peoples posts and mostly all musilms or anyone from a muslim country is going on AP! that is so so so unfair! after waiting so much we finally think its gonna be over after the interview but NO! well i guess we have no control over this! but ill just say that it is really really really unfair! My husband is in DUbai and he has no records on his police report he's 23....I am a student in college and will be dont in two years adn im 20! i dont work yet cuz my dad's rule is that he want us to get a degree and then work so he supports my studies.

neways thanks for your reply. Wish you all the best. and when is your husbands interveiw?ours is April 12th pls update me on what the outcome is! good luck!

Good luck to you and your husband! but that is so unfair! i was reading peoples posts and mostly all musilms or anyone from a muslim country is going on AP! that is so so so unfair! after waiting so much we finally think its gonna be over after the interview but NO! well i guess we have no control over this! but ill just say that it is really really really unfair! My husband is in DUbai and he has no records on his police report he's 23....I am a student in college and will be dont in two years adn im 20! i dont work yet cuz my dad's rule is that he want us to get a degree and then work so he supports my studies.

neways thanks for your reply. Wish you all the best. and when is your husbands interveiw?ours is April 12th pls update me on what the outcome is! good luck!

We have not been approved yet, but I'm hoping for a August or September interview. Dont worry about AP, good chance it will not happen, and if it does, nothing we can do but wait. Outcome will be fine. Keep Faith!!!

Truly happy!!!

In this day in age we need to operate on a worst case scenario. Unfortunately that means that some will scrutinized much more closely than others all because of the actions of some extreme individuals. On one side of the coin I agree it is NOT fair to stereotype, but on the other side I appreciate the government taking an active role in protecting my safety.

Example: I live on an island and because the ferries here were once a terrorist target we have police dogs passing by every car wanting to cross the ferry and some cars face searches, a friend of mine was also detained because she made a cell phone call to tell her husband that Homeland Security had a helicopter and boats following the ferry crossing and they picked up her call. I don't think it's fair that I am subjected to search but I am also grateful that the government is there protecting me and my children. When I was a kid there was a terrible white supremist group terrorist group that was here and was holed up evading authories, it was terrifying even as a high school student to have that going on. Now on the anniversary of SWAT taking out a few of the group, many white supremist visit the island and our security is on high alert and if you fit a certain profile you WILL be treated very differently - even if not part of that group.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Good luck! I hope you don't get AP. I'm scared about my husband going into AP as well...but I'm still hopeful!!! Let me know how your interview in Dubai goes... ours is in Dubai too, on May 19th! I really hope everything goes through quickly.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

I was reading someones fourm and it said there that people who are most likely to get AP after interview are muslims????????????????????/

I really don't think religion has anything to do with it nor does country of origin. The USCIS recently released statistics on permanent residents who came to the USA in 2008. Majority come from Asia - approx. 33%, Africa 12% and Europe15% (Europe includes middle east), The America's about 40% and wait for it..................Only 0.3% from Australia! Yes you read correctly, ZERO POINT THREE PERCENT - THATS NOT EVEN 1%. And most of us Aussies are of a christian denomination.

So I wouldn't worry about AP....just be glad that they are letting your people in! Religion has nothing to do it - besides, they do not collect this information on any of forms that I have filled out!

Remember, the USA is a predominantly Christian nation after all and they have the right to do whatever they want. If the shoe was on the other foot and a Christian applied to immigrate to a non-Christian country, would there not be some scrutiny there? Particular in some parts of Asia, some catholic asians are persecuted for there beliefs.

Just my two cents.....

USCIS JOURNEY

14-Sep-08 Sent I-130

23-Sep-08 Recieved NOA1

28-Oct-08 Received NOA1

09-Feb-09 Received RFE for I-130

16-Feb-09 Sent Evidence for I-130

26-Feb-09 Received email NOA2 Approved!

28-Feb-09 Received Approval notice for I-130

NVC JOURNEY

12-Mar-09 NVC Received File

17-Mar-09 Emailed DS 3032 to NVC

28-Mar-09 Received DS3032 and AOS Bill via email

28-Mar-09 Paid AOS Bill online - Status = In Process

29-Mar-09 Emailed scanned DS3032 & posted via snail mail

30-Mar-09 Received email that DS3032 was received by NVC and that IV Bill will be sent

31-Mar-09 Paid IV Bill

31-Mar-09 AOS Bill Status = PAID !!!

06-Apr-09 Hubby posted DS230 and AOS priority and certified

08-Apr-09 @11:04am - Item Delivered PORTSMOUTH NH 03801 04/08/09 11:02am

10-Apr-09 NVC AVR states documents received

17-Apr-09 AVR states Case Complete at NVC!!!

21-Apr-09 Expedite request approved

24-Apr-09 Case sent from NVC to Sydney Consulate

29-Apr-09 Medical Appointment - Passed, YIPPEE and Thank You God !

05-May-09 Interview scheduled at Sydney Consulate APPROVED!!!

16-May-09 - Arrived in USA!!!!

20-May-09 Got my SSN.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I really don't think religion has anything to do with it nor does country of origin. The USCIS recently released statistics on permanent residents who came to the USA in 2008. Majority come from Asia - approx. 33%, Africa 12% and Europe15% (Europe includes middle east), The America's about 40% and wait for it..................Only 0.3% from Australia! Yes you read correctly, ZERO POINT THREE PERCENT - THATS NOT EVEN 1%. And most of us Aussies are of a christian denomination.

So I wouldn't worry about AP....just be glad that they are letting your people in! Religion has nothing to do it - besides, they do not collect this information on any of forms that I have filled out!

Remember, the USA is a predominantly Christian nation after all and they have the right to do whatever they want. If the shoe was on the other foot and a Christian applied to immigrate to a non-Christian country, would there not be some scrutiny there? Particular in some parts of Asia, some catholic asians are persecuted for there beliefs.

Just my two cents.....

Well...I do clearly understand what u meant... So tell me something, do u have any idea how many ppl get immigrated to ur country(Australia) each year? It is nearly twice as much as the US immigrants. But, why don't u have anything like AP (Background check, Name check)for ur immigration purpose? Why is it like, fill out some immigration papers, wait, give the fees, have ur visa w/o any hasstle and fly, then live in AUSSIE happily? No Muslim, No Hindu, No Christian can point out any specific procedure on ur immigration process saying"YES! Here is I am discriminated(Of the record)". So, how many terrorist attacks do u face in ur country for having immigrants with no back ground checks/name checks each year? I can't even see one from here.....do u?

I completely agree with WhidbeyGirl that US govt. is more concern about the national security and undoubtly it is more likely to affect muslims and more specifically the males than any other...But lets just hope everything goes smooth and sound and we all are reunited with our spouses with a shortest amount of time.

Sonia

Edited by soniasharmin

well i would imagine that people from the arab nations may have more checks done, but then again i have seen lots get approved before me without problems. what i always wondered is basically i am half middle eastern and my hubby, the USC, is middle eastern.....i wonder if that will cause any problems. Although i was born and bred in the UK but still im hoping thats not the reason i havent been approved yet (or even had a touch)? what do u think?? im thinking that the fact we havent even had a touch means they havent even looked at our application, so hopefully not in any security checks or anything. God willing!!!!

Sent I-130 - 15 Aug 2008

I-130 NOA1 - 26 Aug 2008

Sent I-129f - 29 Aug 2008

I-129f NOA1 - 3 Sept 2008

Last Updated 4 Sept 2008

Sent letter to congress 9 March 2009 - no response

Spoke to CSC - "background checks" - 9 April 2009

APPROVAL NOTICE i-130 & i-129f - Received 21 April 2009

Got NVC Case no - 30 April 09

DS3032 generated - 1 May 09

Emailed DS3032 - 5 May 09

AOS fee paid online - 8 May 09

Sent AOS package - 13 May 09

Received IV email - 18 May 09

IV fee paid online - 10 June 09 (delay as was considering K3 at this point but the K3 interview was July 15th, so decided CR1 better and only 1 month longer!)

IV package sent - 17 June 09

CASE COMPLETE - 1 July 09

Interview date recieved via email - 9 July 09

Medical - 11 August 09

Interview 14 August 09

well i would imagine that people from the arab nations may have more checks done, but then again i have seen lots get approved before me without problems. what i always wondered is basically i am half middle eastern and my hubby, the USC, is middle eastern.....i wonder if that will cause any problems. Although i was born and bred in the UK but still im hoping thats not the reason i havent been approved yet (or even had a touch)? what do u think?? im thinking that the fact we havent even had a touch means they havent even looked at our application, so hopefully not in any security checks or anything. God willing!!!!

Speeditup, I hope you will be approved soon, you've been waiting a long time. I think no matter what with this process we are all under, is one big ####### shoot, excuse my American/French, LOL I hope we all get thru with very little scars. Good Luck Speedit up!!!

Oh one last thing, does anyone think if spouse attened interview that maybe AP would not be necessary?? Either way, I will be at hubbbys interview.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Just my two cents.....

Well...I do clearly understand what u meant... So tell me something, do u have any idea how many ppl get immigrated to ur country(Australia) each year? It is nearly twice as much as the US immigrants. But, why don't u have anything like AP (Background check, Name check)for ur immigration purpose? Why is it like, fill out some immigration papers, wait, give the fees, have ur visa w/o any hasstle and fly, then live in AUSSIE happily? No Muslim, No Hindu, No Christian can point out any specific procedure on ur immigration process saying"YES! Here is I am discriminated(Of the record)". So, how many terrorist attacks do u face in ur country for having immigrants with no back ground checks/name checks each year? I can't even see one from here.....do u?

I completely agree with WhidbeyGirl that US govt. is more concern about the national security and undoubtly it is more likely to affect muslims and more specifically the males than any other...But lets just hope everything goes smooth and sound and we all are reunited with our spouses with a shortest amount of time.

Sonia

Well, Australia took in about 158,000 in 2007-2008 the largest since the 1980's. Hey, I didn't say we were perfect. There are lots of checks done here too. They even do DNA test sometimes to verify family relationships. They also do medicals for relatives who are not even immigrating to determine genetic health issues. They also want to know everything about the beneficiary brothers and sisters, the inlaws etc. Its actually a hell of a lot more paperwork but the process is much more streamlined than the USA. (We did look into this recently for me to sponsor my husband to live in Australia) Its actually really tough. But Australia has had a huge influx of non-christian immigrants over the past few years and this has caused a lot of problems locally. There are certain parts of Sydney that have a high percentage of non-christian religions - and everytime someone of a non-christian religion is murdered, there is huge police presence at the funeral and surrounding suburbs as it has usually been proven that the person was murdered by someone within their religion but from a different country. However, we also have christians killing each other also for no apparent reason.

There are only 20million people here and we are far away from the rest of world. They wouldn't really achieve much by doing something to us. I don't think we are that important to them in that respect...it would be a waste of their resources and given the recent demographics in Australia, they would be killing alot of their own people. However given the population levels in the US and Europe, it would have a much bigger impact I would imagine than knocking off a few kangaroos and koalas.

However I take great comfort in the process that the US Govt follows to ensure safety. Afterall, I will be living their soon and it makes me sleep better to know that they are thorough and care about their residents and citizens.

USCIS JOURNEY

14-Sep-08 Sent I-130

23-Sep-08 Recieved NOA1

28-Oct-08 Received NOA1

09-Feb-09 Received RFE for I-130

16-Feb-09 Sent Evidence for I-130

26-Feb-09 Received email NOA2 Approved!

28-Feb-09 Received Approval notice for I-130

NVC JOURNEY

12-Mar-09 NVC Received File

17-Mar-09 Emailed DS 3032 to NVC

28-Mar-09 Received DS3032 and AOS Bill via email

28-Mar-09 Paid AOS Bill online - Status = In Process

29-Mar-09 Emailed scanned DS3032 & posted via snail mail

30-Mar-09 Received email that DS3032 was received by NVC and that IV Bill will be sent

31-Mar-09 Paid IV Bill

31-Mar-09 AOS Bill Status = PAID !!!

06-Apr-09 Hubby posted DS230 and AOS priority and certified

08-Apr-09 @11:04am - Item Delivered PORTSMOUTH NH 03801 04/08/09 11:02am

10-Apr-09 NVC AVR states documents received

17-Apr-09 AVR states Case Complete at NVC!!!

21-Apr-09 Expedite request approved

24-Apr-09 Case sent from NVC to Sydney Consulate

29-Apr-09 Medical Appointment - Passed, YIPPEE and Thank You God !

05-May-09 Interview scheduled at Sydney Consulate APPROVED!!!

16-May-09 - Arrived in USA!!!!

20-May-09 Got my SSN.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

There are factors for AP. There are cases from India, especially from Delhi consulate that the couple are Christian but still they are put into AP, reason-- Inter-racial marriage.

Almost all the inter-racial marriages from Pakistan gets a home visit from Islamabad consulate.

Most of the time AP has nothing to do with USCIS, sure USCIS approves cases on their own basis and they hardly care about your religion or country but all these matters when the petition comes to the interview stage. COs are trained to work according to cultural pattern of the country they are working in. I remember someone from Chennai consulate got into heated interview just because his wife was 2 years, only 2 years older than him.

So yes, its true that if your spouse is from Muslim country or he is a Muslim then there is a big chance of him going through AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.