ZorValachan

Double sided or Fronts?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Most of my questions have been answered with this site and searching the forum, great place to learn about the k-1 visa process and lessen my stress levels.

But I did have a question on printing documents.

Should they be printed as fronts only or double sided?

Such as the I-129F form; should it be 3 pages front side only or 2 pages with the first sheet having pg 1 and 2 and the second pg 3?

copies of birth certificates, etc., which require front and back of the copies. Should these be 2 sheets of paper or 1 front and back

I assume the G-325a is 4 separate sheets as it is all the same information on each page, but is even this assumption correct?

When I filed for my visa to Russia, I had problems with the consulate not liking that I first sent in fronts only, then that my printer cut off the bottom border line, then that I printed it 'fit to page' therefore the print was a tiny bit smaller than normal (so it wouldn;t cut off the border at the bottom). Nowhere was any of this stated and I ended up having to send the documents in 4 times, so it got me paranoid about the k1-visa application.

I do realize that signatures must be original, thanks VJ cause I would have messed this up otherwise!

Also, the K-1 guide does not list a requirement of a copy of the fiancee's birth certificate/full passport, but I read many times in the forum that it is needed? true?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am not certain if it is allowed to copy documents on front and back of one sheet or to print forms on front and back. I just printed and copied all as one sided, which is perfectly acceptable.

The G-325 is four separate sheets that have unique markings in the bottom corner i.e. this copy goes to blank, this copy to blank, etc. All four contain the same information from you.

The beneficiary's (person getting the visa) birth certificate does not need to be included in the I-129F petition, but will be required at the interview. The beneficiary's passport may be included if it provides evidence i.e. entry stamps, visas, etc. of having met within the last two years or proof of ongoing relationship. For example, my fiancée had traveled to America, so we included a copy of her passport with the US visa.

Edited by ThaitoUSA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Most of my questions have been answered with this site and searching the forum, great place to learn about the k-1 visa process and lessen my stress levels.

Such as the I-129F form; should it be 3 pages front side only or 2 pages with the first sheet having pg 1 and 2 and the second pg 3?

copies of birth certificates, etc., which require front and back of the copies. Should these be 2 sheets of paper or 1 front and back

I assume the G-325a is 4 separate sheets as it is all the same information on each page, but is even this assumption correct?

When I filed for my visa to Russia, I had problems with the consulate not liking that I first sent in fronts only, then that my printer cut off the bottom border line, then that I printed it 'fit to page' therefore the print was a tiny bit smaller than normal (so it wouldn;t cut off the border at the bottom). Nowhere was any of this stated and I ended up having to send the documents in 4 times, so it got me paranoid about the k1-visa application.

I do realize that signatures must be original, thanks VJ cause I would have messed this up otherwise!

Also, the K-1 guide does not list a requirement of a copy of the fiancee's birth certificate/full passport, but I read many times in the forum that it is needed? true?

thanks

Legible copies. It really doesn't matter front, back, sideways. I used all one sided because it is easier for me than figuring out the controls on the copy machine.

The G-325 is indeed 4 sheets. You can make one, sign it (original signature) and make three copies. Clip together. They do not all need to be original signatures, if you used the "official" 4 part form the last three pages would be "carbon copy" signatures anyway. Our G-325s, for the petition, and for the AOS had ONE original signature, the rest were copies. No RFEs, no questions asked

You DO NOT need to include your fiancees birth certificate or passport in the I-129f filing. You WILL need both those thing for the consulate interview. Later.

Any problems you had in getting a Russian visa are usually related to there not being US currency paper clipped to the front of the package, if you know what I mean. I have received Russian "visas" at the border and the only paper I gave them was a $10 bill. So do not try to relate the Russian requirements to the requirements for the USCIS.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Rule of thumb - submit forms (speaking of printed/PDF forms) in the manner in which they print by default - there is no need to do double-sided printing.

Same thing goes for making front/back copies of documents - just copy each side to its own sheet and label them "front" and "back" as appropriate.

The G-325a may indeed have the same information listed but each (of the 4) sheets have different annotations at the bottom because they are separated and sent to different departments - so it is not advisable to print only the first sheet and make 3 copies to go along with it.

:thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks

Anybody who deals with your file will hate you for printing front and back. This is because they build a file two-hole punched and anchored to a folder. The have to turn the whole folder upside down to read the back of a page. I suspect they re-copy the backs to avoid this and that would be a good time for pages to get lost. One-sided is my recommendation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.