HSB

Waiting For Case Completion At NVC

443 posts in this topic

Still waiting.... hopefully next week I will get something. Hoping urgently this will be done soon so that a May interview date is possible.

HSB - I am still with you. Nothing on my end. I called the NVC today - the rep confirmed they have received my documents, and that they have all documents. I specifically asked if the file is in the feared "Administrative Processing" phase, but she said it was in "Additional Processing". I just noticed another poster on this board saying he got the same answer, with the VJ-er just as confused as I am about this new "additional processing" thingy.

Good luck everyone.

Submitted I-751: March 22, 2011

FedEx delivery confirmation: March 23, 2011

Check cashed: March 29, 2011

NOA1: dated March 23, 2011; received March 31, 2011

Biometrics appointment: June 1, 2011 (done on May 17, 2011)

Approved: September 26, 2011

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Don't pay it until you receive the email saying that its available to pay, I saw the IV was there and ready to be paid and did so, then it got rejected a few days later, then I had to wait another working day until I could pay it, the operator told me its cos the paperwork hasn't been produced so the payment which goes on in some other place has nothing to tie itself into so it just rejects. Before you pay either wait for the email or call the operator and ask is it ok to pay. It delayed me over a week waiting for it to sort itself out.

Thanks, Gemma! Still waiting anxiously for the emailed invoice ... What would I do without VJ! Oh, I know - I'd be even more dazed and confused. :thumbs:

Still waiting.... hopefully next week I will get something. Hoping urgently this will be done soon so that a May interview date is possible.

HSB - I am still with you. Nothing on my end. I called the NVC today - the rep confirmed they have received my documents, and that they have all documents. I specifically asked if the file is in the feared "Administrative Processing" phase, but she said it was in "Additional Processing". I just noticed another poster on this board saying he got the same answer, with the VJ-er just as confused as I am about this new "additional processing" thingy.

Good luck everyone.

Hi Nedino,

I'm not sure if your rep meant the long and exhausting admin procesing when she said additional processing. From the other postings I saw, all the people who were involved in the long AP were put under it as soon as USCIS forwarded the case to the NVC, and it usually involved the K1 or K3 visas. Their I-129F cases were not forwarded to the consulate until the AP was over. I think if your I-129F application was already forwarded to consulate and you were allowed to pay the I-864 and DS-230 fees for the CR1, then you should not be in danger of the long NVC AP. From you comment, I am guessing they are doing some final reviews on your case and maybe you will get approved in a few days. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck everyone.

Hi All,

Just received great news today, my case was completed on 3/30/09!! Wo hooo!!!! So pumped up after hearing this. Wanted to thank you all in this thread for your advice and for those still waiting, wishing that all of you get the same great news soon. I'm here if you have any questions. Cheers!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am still waiting hoping today is the day it is approved urghhhhhhh called to no avail yet anyone recieved case complete recordings or been told that their case was complete?

USCIS PROCESS

CONSULATE: BOGOTA, COLOMBIA

SERVICE CENTER: CSC( transferred from VSC)

12/02/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago

12/03/2008 I-130 received

12/10/2008 NOA1

01/15/2009 transfer to CSC

01/17/2009 touched

01/19/2009 touched

01/23/2009 touched

02/11/2009 touched

02/12/2009 received email with approved NOA2 as of 02/11

NVC

02/18/2009 NVC Assigned Case Number BGT2009XXXXXX

02/28/2009 DS-3032 Generated

03/09/2009 AOS Bill Generated

03/10/2009 AOS Bill Paid

03/16/2009 DS 3032 Emailed and mailed

03/20/2009 IV Bill Generated

03/20/2009 I-864 package mailed via UPS ground

03/23/2009 IV Package mailed via USPS express

03/24/2009 NVC recieves both packages

04/12/2009 NVC Accepts both packages

05/11/2009 NVC Assigns interview 8 JUN 2009

05/12/2009 NVC sends case to embassy in Bogota, CO

05/13/2009 Embassy recieves case in BOGOTA

06/08/2009 Interview , 221g expedited slip requesting documentation of spouse prior visit to U.S.

06/11/2009 2nd interview VISA APPROVED!!!!!

06/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

07/01/2009 POE ORLANDO

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Even I am waiting for my case to complete at NVC. They scanned it on 11th of March but we had a RFE and it was Re-Scanned in there system on 19th of March. Hoping it completes quick. Best of Luck to All.

Hi everybody!!

I´m waiting and praying for a "Case Complete" at NVC too, "the checklist response was received on March 25th" thats all i have...

Best wishes to all.... :thumbs:

Did u have an RFE? What is this checklist response all about?

Good luck everyone.

Additional/administrative processing are the same thing. Just 2 different names for the same backgroud check process. Were u told ur K3 is in AP or your I 130?? I was under the impression that only K visas get put in AP at NVC level and that I 130 can get post interview AP at some consulates. Please advise! :unsure:

Good luck everyone.

Hi All,

Just received great news today, my case was completed on 3/30/09!! Wo hooo!!!! So pumped up after hearing this. Wanted to thank you all in this thread for your advice and for those still waiting, wishing that all of you get the same great news soon. I'm here if you have any questions. Cheers!!!

OOh lucky! Nice! :dance: Congrats! Can u please break down ur final NVC stages for us as it does not reflect on ur timeline. When did u send in ur AOS and IV packets and when were they scanned into the NVC system and when was the review started? It would help the rest of us get an idea when to expect each step... I would be much obliged :star:

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Hi All,

OOh lucky! Nice! :dance: Congrats! Can u please break down ur final NVC stages for us as it does not reflect on ur timeline. When did u send in ur AOS and IV packets and when were they scanned into the NVC system and when was the review started? It would help the rest of us get an idea when to expect each step... I would be much obliged :star:

Hi GS4EVER,

I mailed both my I-864 and DS-230 in one big envelope, each seperated into a different folder in the enveope, on 3/17/09 with USPS certified. The USPS website stated my envelope was delivered on 3/19/09.

On 3/21/09, the AVR said that "NVC received your documents on 3/20/09 and they are under review, please give 6-8 weeks for review to complete". I spoke to an agent afterwards, and she said that they received some info from me on 3/20/09. She could not see what that info was on her computer but it is under review. She could not even confirm whether they had both the I-864 and DS-230. From 3/21/09 to yesterday, I called everyday of course, but every agent and the AVR gave me the same exact message I got on the first day. That was the most update I received until yesterday when they said my case was completed.

They never confirmed when my packet was scanned or when they started the official review (I'm guessing both happened on 3/20), as the operators said they did not have that on their computer. They never even acknowledged they received my DS-230 or I-864, and never said if my DS-230 was completed first or my I-864 was completed first. For 10 days every agent just said "received some info on 3/20/09, under review, give us 2-4 weeks", then all of a sudden, case complete. It's like hitting a grand slam at the bottom of the 9th after being down 3-0 the whole game :dance: ... hope this helps.

Hi All!

First, Congrats :dance: ,

i think the NVC is not updating the AVR as usual... because i do not have a RFE... they received the DS-230 and the I-864 and the AVR said "the checklist letter response was received on March 25th, please allow 6-8 weeks for review and then you will be Notified" so ... I'm waiting 4 a case complete soon, i think that "checklist" is just the documents list that they are reviewing....

Regards!

Embassy Journey

06-08-2009 - 1° Interview Cool :) THANKS GOD!!!

06-15-2009 - 2° Interview :) APPROVED!! Yeess!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

06-17-2009 -Visa is Ready!!

07-12-2009 -US Entry con mi esposo!!! :)

as1cA8hag2B0610MTA3NjUwc3wyMDY5NjRzfExvIG1lam9yIHEgaGEgcGFzYWRvIGVuIG1pIHZpZGE.gif

event.png

Hi All!

First, Congrats :dance: ,

i think the NVC is not updating the AVR as usual... because i do not have a RFE... they received the DS-230 and the I-864 and the AVR said "the checklist letter response was received on March 25th, please allow 6-8 weeks for review and then you will be Notified" so ... I'm waiting 4 a case complete soon, i think that "checklist" is just the documents list that they are reviewing....

Regards!

Funny, they never said checklist for me, just "NVC received your documents on March 20, 2009, please allow 6-8 weeks....."

Timeline
Hi GS4EVER,

I mailed both my I-864 and DS-230 in one big envelope, each seperated into a different folder in the enveope, on 3/17/09 with USPS certified. The USPS website stated my envelope was delivered on 3/19/09.

On 3/21/09, the AVR said that "NVC received your documents on 3/20/09 and they are under review, please give 6-8 weeks for review to complete". I spoke to an agent afterwards, and she said that they received some info from me on 3/20/09. She could not see what that info was on her computer but it is under review. She could not even confirm whether they had both the I-864 and DS-230. From 3/21/09 to yesterday, I called everyday of course, but every agent and the AVR gave me the same exact message I got on the first day. That was the most update I received until yesterday when they said my case was completed.

They never confirmed when my packet was scanned or when they started the official review (I'm guessing both happened on 3/20), as the operators said they did not have that on their computer. They never even acknowledged they received my DS-230 or I-864, and never said if my DS-230 was completed first or my I-864 was completed first. For 10 days every agent just said "received some info on 3/20/09, under review, give us 2-4 weeks", then all of a sudden, case complete. It's like hitting a grand slam at the bottom of the 9th after being down 3-0 the whole game :dance: ... hope this helps.

ooooooooh dare I get excited?? I got the same response from them!! I called NVC again a little while ago b/c i received an email from them titled "intructions packet_lawyer I 130" and it said in the email please include this letter with ur AOS and IV package b4 u mail it to NVC so I was like oh no, I already mailed my packets out! So when I called they said to ignore the letter email and that information always gets crossed. And the operator confirmed they received something from me yesterday and that it was under review but that it still didn't show what it was :dance: WOOHOO...so excited...under review already! That is awesome. Of course she said give it 2-4 weeks but we all know I will be calling every day lol :lol: Who's got the patience to sit back and wait 2 weeks b4 calling again...I asked the lady if it meant our packet was now sitting one someone's desk being reviewed and she laughed at my eagerness and said yes :P

Congrats to u once again!! And thanks for ur detailed response :star:

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ooooooooh dare I get excited?? I got the same response from them!! I called NVC again a little while ago b/c i received an email from them titled "intructions packet_lawyer I 130" and it said in the email please include this letter with ur AOS and IV package b4 u mail it to NVC so I was like oh no, I already mailed my packets out! So when I called they said to ignore the letter email and that information always gets crossed. And the operator confirmed they received something from me yesterday and that it was under review but that it still didn't show what it was :dance: WOOHOO...so excited...under review already! That is awesome. Of course she said give it 2-4 weeks but we all know I will be calling every day lol :lol: Who's got the patience to sit back and wait 2 weeks b4 calling again...I asked the lady if it meant our packet was now sitting one someone's desk being reviewed and she laughed at my eagerness and said yes :P

Congrats to u once again!! And thanks for ur detailed response :star:

i've just recieved an email from them where they say that they recieved the IV fee and now they are waiting for us to send them DS230 with documents, :crying: what's going on with NVC??? we sent them everything they need with the coversheets, i'm so confused :wacko: what should we do??

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

Timeline

Princess, I think this is what they call a FALSE RFE as many Vjers have posted b4. It usually happens when AOS and DS 230 packets are sent separately. But it gets fixed once DS 230 is scanned into the system. Call NVC and double check!! Good luck! :thumbs:

Read my above post. I got an email from them too saying they have both fees and to now download and follow instructions when they had already received both packets yesterday. When I called them, operator said to ignore the email, even told me my review has begun!

Edited by GS4EVER

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Princess In Love', Maybe a false RFE. I had got 4 false RFE from NVC about DS 230 and orginal document. I got my case completed 19 th March and even when it was transfered to the embassey I got a false RFE about the same documents. I think NVC have problem with the systems.. Anyway, good luck and be calm..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi there -

I'm STILL waiting for my IV invoice - not even tempted to pay online as it's saying "Not Invoiced". At least my AOS bill is showing as PAID, so printed that coversheet. And today's updated AVR says DS-3032 was accepted as of yesterday. So I guess tomorrow I'll get the IV invoice??? What's the usual amount of time between 3032 acceptance and emailing of IV bill? Once I pay that online and it's accepted (hopefully in a day, as was the AOS bill), I can print that coversheet and overnight both puppies, right? Or do I have to wait for another NVC confirmation email or something ... ?

I'm so obsessed with all this I can barely do my day job ...

Princess, I think this is what they call a FALSE RFE as many Vjers have posted b4. It usually happens when AOS and DS 230 packets are sent separately. But it gets fixed once DS 230 is scanned into the system. Call NVC and double check!! Good luck! :thumbs:

Read my above post. I got an email from them too saying they have both fees and to now download and follow instructions when they had already received both packets yesterday. When I called them, operator said to ignore the email, even told me my review has begun!

Hi!!

My husband called today and the operator said that they received the documents and just need time (2-4 weeks of course...) to complete are case... the IV fee still says NOT PAID, but the operator said "don't worry about it... we have all the documents and we just need time to complete your case"

:dance:

Good luck to all :star:

Embassy Journey

06-08-2009 - 1° Interview Cool :) THANKS GOD!!!

06-15-2009 - 2° Interview :) APPROVED!! Yeess!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

06-17-2009 -Visa is Ready!!

07-12-2009 -US Entry con mi esposo!!! :)

as1cA8hag2B0610MTA3NjUwc3wyMDY5NjRzfExvIG1lam9yIHEgaGEgcGFzYWRvIGVuIG1pIHZpZGE.gif

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.