KiminON

What am I forgetting?

120 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well, usually, that is good enough. All they do is cut and paste stuff off of corporate FAQ's anyways :P

I've been looking for something more concrete, but as far as I can see, they were "Chocolate Beans" until 1977 :P

Now I think i'm going to go take a nap...... when I come back, i'll have some far fetched "facts" that i've imagined. That's about as reputable as citing wikipedia right?

Awesome. Can't wait to hear them. :lol:

American Smarties origins - 1949: Ce De Candy, Inc

British Smarties brand date - 1937: Nestle UK

No idea where the 1977 date comes from but I can assure you that..... well before that date :lol: ..... I am from England and lived in Canada and I have always known them as Smarties in both countries.

iagree.gif

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
If you have Walgreens near you, they're selling the Burker King chips now and one of the ones is Fries and Ketchup which pretty much taste the same as ketchup chips. I'm getting them all the time and I don't even eat chips, but now find myself eating those ones a lot now that I've finally found out they are selling them here now...

I disagree.. they are more like corn chips than potato chips.. and the flavor isn't as snappy as I remember.. they will do in a ketchup chip pinch, but I'm still going to buy ketchup chips when I go home :)

Ugh I hate corn chips and these taste nothing like that thank god. They just are kind of rectangle shaped. I find the actual ketchup taste to be pretty much the same.

With the Smarties thing, they definatly are an English candy. I remember my old coworker from england here and she had a Smarties mug and I commented on it. She couldn't believe I knew what they were and thought they were only avaliable in England.

Either way, the crappy things still get the colors all over the damn place and are just horrid to eat. I'll stick to Resse's Pieces instead...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
If you have Walgreens near you, they're selling the Burker King chips now and one of the ones is Fries and Ketchup which pretty much taste the same as ketchup chips. I'm getting them all the time and I don't even eat chips, but now find myself eating those ones a lot now that I've finally found out they are selling them here now...

I disagree.. they are more like corn chips than potato chips.. and the flavor isn't as snappy as I remember.. they will do in a ketchup chip pinch, but I'm still going to buy ketchup chips when I go home :)

Ugh I hate corn chips and these taste nothing like that thank god. They just are kind of rectangle shaped. I find the actual ketchup taste to be pretty much the same.

With the Smarties thing, they definatly are an English candy. I remember my old coworker from england here and she had a Smarties mug and I commented on it. She couldn't believe I knew what they were and thought they were only avaliable in England.

Either way, the crappy things still get the colors all over the damn place and are just horrid to eat. I'll stick to Resse's Pieces instead...

:thumbs:

LOVE resse's pieces. Best candy ever!!! (Although Cadbury Eggs are a close second)

But, but...... that was one of the best parts when you were growing up! You get two treats in one! Treat 1 is the crunchy candy chocolatey goodness. Treat 2 was to use those running colours as beautiful lipsticks. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I remember Smarties being called Smarties from when I was a little kid. Before 1977 :P

And oddly enough, the US "smarties" are made in Canada :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
Can you get Mars bars in LA? I can't find them in Atlanta. I'm vexed that I've moved to the country that makes my favourite candy bar but to a place where I can't buy it. :huh:

~ Catherine

We had them in Phoenix... not sure why they wouldn't be in LA. Hmmm.....

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Yes - it is just east of Kingston. You can get off at the Odessa exit on 401 and head south to Wilton - a really small rural community. They have fresh curds still warm from the pans - oh yum! Here is a link: http://www.wiltoncheese.com/

Ohhh eeee thank you!! MMMM fresh curds, perfect for poutine :D

OMG... poutine!!! The first time I heard of that, I thought my fiance was trying to get me to eat something rather... ummm... gross and disgusting. Then, after he & his buddies were done with their fits of hysterics, he was able to calm down enough to explain what poutine really is. Then, I was in Canada with some friends for a girls weekend in Toronto, and the same thing happened! I wanted them to try poutine, and they had the same reaction I did originally and I had the same one my fiance did with me originally! It was kinda funny. :blush:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes - it is just east of Kingston. You can get off at the Odessa exit on 401 and head south to Wilton - a really small rural community. They have fresh curds still warm from the pans - oh yum! Here is a link: http://www.wiltoncheese.com/

Stop in and see me on your way through!

And yeah, I do goto the pottery place too, they have some nice stuff there. I got my parents a really nice vase last year for christmas.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

OMG... poutine!!! The first time I heard of that, I thought my fiance was trying to get me to eat something rather... ummm... gross and disgusting. Then, after he & his buddies were done with their fits of hysterics, he was able to calm down enough to explain what poutine really is. Then, I was in Canada with some friends for a girls weekend in Toronto, and the same thing happened! I wanted them to try poutine, and they had the same reaction I did originally and I had the same one my fiance did with me originally! It was kinda funny. :blush:

He was. :lol: (Can you tell I'm not a big fan of poutine?)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In Philly people eat Pizza fries, it's like American poutine. I thought it sounded gross but when I tried it, deelish!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Until some enterprising Montréalais(e) decides to bless Baltimore with an authentic place to get poutine--the sheer genius concoction of fries covered with cheese curds and topped with brown gravy--at least we have the next best thing: Matthew's pizza fries. Served as an aluminum-foil tray of baked fries topped with marinara, mozzarella, and a sprinkling of herbs, these pizza fries are, like poutine, a hearty meal unto themselves or the perfect side for two people having subs. Each order takes approximately 20 minutes to make, but they're more than worth the wait.

http://www.citypaper.com/bob/story.asp?id=12525

sounds intesrting..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.