mustt mustt

What do I send with I 864 if no income for last 4 years!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys my question is regarding I 864. I have a co sponsor doing I 864 and should be completed within a day or so and I have filled out my I 864 for the sponsor too. I have not worked in 4 years and have ZERO income during the last four years due to full time dental school. What do I need to send with my I 864. I am thinking of writing a letter with I 864 saying that I have not had income for the last 3+ years and by the law I was not required to file the tax return. Anyone in this situation know about it please let me know what should I do. Thanks

11-01-2008 Application of I - 130

12-02-2009 NOA 1 Receieved

03-03-2009 NOA 2 Receieved approving I - 130

03-19-2009 NVC case number assigned

03/26/2009 DS 3032

03/26/2009 DS 3032 Sent

03/29/2009 AOS Bill Generated

03/29/2009 AOS Bill PAID

04/24/2009 Case Complete

05/12/2009 Interview date assigned

06/15/2009 Interview at BOMBAY CONSULATE HURRAAAYYYYY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You can request a letter from IRS showing that you had no income, and send that in.

To each is a goal to which God turns him; then strive together (as in a race) Towards all that is good.

Wheresoever ye are, God will bring you Together. For God Hath power over all things.

(Quran, Chapter 2: verse 148)

I was a full time medical student when I had to fill out the I-864 for my husband last year. I had my dad as a co-sponsor for him. Like you, I had ZERO income. Hehe So what I did was attach a letter stating that I was a full time medical student and I didn't engage in any type of employment at all. Then I also attached a letter from my school to prove that I was enrolled there and the transcripts from my pre-med course and medical courses. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I was a full time medical student when I had to fill out the I-864 for my husband last year. I had my dad as a co-sponsor for him. Like you, I had ZERO income. Hehe So what I did was attach a letter stating that I was a full time medical student and I didn't engage in any type of employment at all. Then I also attached a letter from my school to prove that I was enrolled there and the transcripts from my pre-med course and medical courses. Good luck!

Thanks and I will do that. That helps a lot. I was kind of confused for a while. I hope everything went well with that.

11-01-2008 Application of I - 130

12-02-2009 NOA 1 Receieved

03-03-2009 NOA 2 Receieved approving I - 130

03-19-2009 NVC case number assigned

03/26/2009 DS 3032

03/26/2009 DS 3032 Sent

03/29/2009 AOS Bill Generated

03/29/2009 AOS Bill PAID

04/24/2009 Case Complete

05/12/2009 Interview date assigned

06/15/2009 Interview at BOMBAY CONSULATE HURRAAAYYYYY

Thanks and I will do that. That helps a lot. I was kind of confused for a while. I hope everything went well with that.

yup everything went well with that. my husband is here in Seattle with me now. :) Hope everything goes well with you! Keep us updated. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.