dreamscometrue

Faster spouse visa? Apply in Egypt after 6 months or apply from USA?

99 posts in this topic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
What do u think i am doing? I told u I asked a simple question. I thought the people here would have some kind of experience an answer, or opinion. If you don't you didn't need to post.

The thing is....you can not expect to get an answer like this, which is faster. Your case is like no one elses on here. and while some may have had fast and easy experiences with one visa type, someone else may have had a horrible one. Your best bet is to just read the guides, become familiar with the different visas. Just like the rest of the members on VJ have done.

I would also rethink your additude with members here, needing help with immigration, and being completely snotty to members who do help, will get you nothing in the end, but a headache and a long process in the dark.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
Caybee - I totally remember that episode too! Someone was stationed in Greenland??? They had the proxy wedding in the family's living room.... I feel old.

That's it. Richie married Lori Beth by proxy -- I think the Fonz stood in for Richie. Ack, I didn't even look that up. :blink:

Well everybody he's talked to in Egypt, even and attorney says proxy marriage is the fastest and best way.

Have you met in person yet? If not, as M4E said, Your petition won't make it past USCIS.

But that meeting in person is for fiancee visa, right? This would be spousal visa.

You have to met in person to be married. My biggest suggestion, if you havent even met in person yet, meet in person, then deal with what visa to choose. DCF or K3.

Also, if your profile proves right, and youve been a member for 2 yrs and already had an approved petition, whats with the ignorance? just an wondering.

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks.. what is AP? I do not know any of your other abbreviation meanings either.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Acronym_Summary

you have a profile over 2 years old. you should have used that 2 years to look around and learn.

Caybee - I totally remember that episode too! Someone was stationed in Greenland??? They had the proxy wedding in the family's living room.... I feel old.

That's it. Richie married Lori Beth by proxy -- I think the Fonz stood in for Richie. Ack, I didn't even look that up. :blink:

Well everybody he's talked to in Egypt, even and attorney says proxy marriage is the fastest and best way.

Have you met in person yet? If not, as M4E said, Your petition won't make it past USCIS.

But that meeting in person is for fiancee visa, right? This would be spousal visa.

A proxy marriage would have to be consummated in order to be recognized by immigration law here, which necessitates meeting in person.

unless, of course, he could fedex it to her. :whistle:

Okay, ew. And then what proof would USCIS get?

The problem here is that the OP wants to hear what she wants to hear. Everyone is telling her the facts, and she brushes them off, and is waiting for someone that has been in her shoes. Then they try to tell her that each case is different, then she brushes them off.

To the OP, stop trying to find shortcuts, it isn't going to work. In fact, if you have done this before then you can count on a longer processing time than a first time petitioner. The people on here are trying to give you good valid advice, but if you insist on doing things the wrong way you are risking a horrible outcome. The USCIS and DOS don't take kindly to people who try to get around the rules.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Thanks.. what is AP? I do not know any of your other abbreviation meanings either.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Acronym_Summary

you have a profile over 2 years old. you should have used that 2 years to look around and learn.

A proxy marriage would have to be consummated in order to be recognized by immigration law here, which necessitates meeting in person.

unless, of course, he could fedex it to her. :whistle:

Okay, ew. And then what proof would USCIS get?

The problem here is that the OP wants to hear what she wants to hear. Everyone is telling her the facts, and she brushes them off, and is waiting for someone that has been in her shoes. Then they try to tell her that each case is different, then she brushes them off.

To the OP, stop trying to find shortcuts, it isn't going to work. In fact, if you have done this before then you can count on a longer processing time than a first time petitioner. The people on here are trying to give you good valid advice, but if you insist on doing things the wrong way you are risking a horrible outcome. The USCIS and DOS don't take kindly to people who try to get around the rules.

cant make her do it the right way. if she wants to take the short cuts and risk a denial, who are we to stop her?

i find it difficult to believe this member is as ignorant as she makes herself seem, shes had a profile here for 2 yrs and has already had an approved visa. therefore, i dont think shes as clueless as she seems.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why would you want to marry someone you have never met? It is situation like this that happens and then creates new problems for the rest of us that do through with the whole immigration process. We do everything that is true while others think of ways to be quick just to get a green card. Then the country gets a reputation that everyone is committing fraud and the process becomes even longer.

I met my husband online and we became friends first talking online with web cam and mic. Then meeting in person then eventially getting married.

I married because I love my husband why would you marry a man you never met??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just because lips haven't met doesn't mean hearts haven't combined.

I read through the posts of their profile and I don't think it's the same person posting. I think it is a male from Egypt asking questions because of the way they phrase it and something M4E last commented. It reminded me of something...MENA men short cutting mentality.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Ok I'm thinking that dreamscometrue is a troll of sorts. Please dear lord let her be a troll. I would hate to think a grown woman could be so dim witted. I can't wrap my head around the level of stupidity she has displayed here.

Olivia...you're joking, right? Tell me you're joking about the lips meeting comment.

I think it is a male from Egypt asking questions because of the way they phrase it <snip>. It reminded me of something...MENA men short cutting mentality.

I thought the same thing, for the same reasons.

Also, it doesn't matter if Immigration will accept a marriage by proxy (and, as we've seen, they won't), the fact of the matter is those types of marriage (which are not the same as orfi/urfi) aren't even legal in Egypt. To immigrate with a spousal visa, it is absolutely to have a 100% legal marriage. There is no alternative.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Unfortuneately, I dont think she is a troll since shes been around for 2 yrs and has previously applied for someone from MENA, however I dont think there is much thought of wise going into the situation. The thing that is fishy to me is that it doesnt seem like its a genuine relationship from the start just by the things shes been writting. I dont think this will end up being a Happy Forever After Story . . .

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

I thought it was the man too, from Egypt. I didn't think it was the USC asking the questions at first. Isn't it bad enough the time we go through to bring our real spouses from countries like Morocco and Egypt or the Phillipines? (Some examples) People like the OP playing around and making it worse for everyone just gets under my skin!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.