dave&irene

Additional Documents Ask by Consular Officer

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

fter my interview this morning march 24, 2009 the consular officer ask me to submit the original copy of notarized child support of my fiance. he ask me that additional document and he said "ok, your documents had no problem but you need to submit additional documents." and thats it....so it means that i passed the interview?if i submit that documents he issue my visa?and also im just confuse coz after i accomplish this, are they goin to interview me again or not?please help us about this...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
fter my interview this morning march 24, 2009 the consular officer ask me to submit the original copy of notarized child support of my fiance. he ask me that additional document and he said "ok, your documents had no problem but you need to submit additional documents." and thats it....so it means that i passed the interview?if i submit that documents he issue my visa?and also im just confuse coz after i accomplish this, are they goin to interview me again or not?please help us about this...

it appears that the lack of documents is the only thing they need. Each consulate is different on how they handle the subsequent document submission. Some let you fax it it, some want you to hand carry it in, some want you to hand carry it in and have a "chat". Did they not tell you what to do?

FWIW, this is not necessarily a K-1 issue but more a specific consulate issue... moving to the consulate forum

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We had the same case but what they asked from me was my cemar (certificate of marriage). They return my passport with white sheet and instructions. You can send the additional docs thru Air 21 or personally but i advised you to bring it personally. They will not interview you again, all you have to do is get a no. and wait for it to be called. This time they wont call one by one, they will call 5 numbers all together in line to the designated window and will take your passport and additional docs. Theres no time to ask anything, what they will only say is that "you can go home now, we will let you know if we need more docs from you and if not you will just receive your visa". They will not tell you when. But good thing, i met someone from there submitting the same docs. He told me that the consul told him that as long as he will submit the right docs, he will get his visa in 3-5 days and that happened to me. I got my visa in exactly 5 days. Well the consul only told me he will not hold me that long but still no definite time when he will issue my visa. Good luck!

3monthsartwork-1.jpg

v9gkhecyd215seuv.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We had the same case but what they asked from me was my cemar (certificate of marriage). They return my passport with white sheet and instructions. You can send the additional docs thru Air 21 or personally but i advised you to bring it personally. They will not interview you again, all you have to do is get a no. and wait for it to be called. This time they wont call one by one, they will call 5 numbers all together in line to the designated window and will take your passport and additional docs. Theres no time to ask anything, what they will only say is that "you can go home now, we will let you know if we need more docs from you and if not you will just receive your visa". They will not tell you when. But good thing, i met someone from there submitting the same docs. He told me that the consul told him that as long as he will submit the right docs, he will get his visa in 3-5 days and that happened to me. I got my visa in exactly 5 days. Well the consul only told me he will not hold me that long but still no definite time when he will issue my visa. Good luck!

:yes: ...thanks to your info...next week im goin back to manila to submit the documents in US Embassy..Im so happy to hear from you about this....thanks alot...god bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.