Arthur  Roberta

Documents Required for CR1 Interview

5 posts in this topic

I would be grateful if we could be advised as to exactly what original documents are required for the CR 1 interview?

As we shall send the original birth marriage divorce etc certificates and copies to NVC on approval of our I 130, do we need the same original documents to accompany the beneficiary at the interview? and if so what documents?

There just seems such a plethora of documents to produce and we would like to compile them in plenty of time. By the way an NOA 2 would be kind of useful as well Ha!

Best wishes everyone :thumbs:

Arthur and Roberta

I would be grateful if we could be advised as to exactly what original documents are required for the CR 1 interview?

As we shall send the original birth marriage divorce etc certificates and copies to NVC on approval of our I 130, do we need the same original documents to accompany the beneficiary at the interview? and if so what documents?

There just seems such a plethora of documents to produce and we would like to compile them in plenty of time. By the way an NOA 2 would be kind of useful as well Ha!

Best wishes everyone :thumbs:

Arthur and Roberta

Most of the originals will be send to the NVC as you already mentioned. Make a copies and have it certified before you send it to the NVC. AN extra copy wont hurt just in case they misplace your files. Originals will be return to you when you do your interview. Goodluck!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

YOu should receive a packet in the mail with Interview paperwork. It should state what you need to bring and what the NVC already has. It should also state what you dont need to bring as far as originals.

But just to give you a heads up, here is what I know you will need in original form, unless the NVC already has the ORIGINALS!

Original Documents to have at London Interview:

passport

Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificare

Court Records

Finanacial Evidence

Police Certificate

Photographs

Ds-230 I and DS 230 II ( Which they should have already received before this stage)

Make sure you have Pictures, emails, phone bills, any extra proof is helpful ( even though they may not ask for it)

Best of Luck to you!

Many thanks for your assistance, I absolutely hate paperwork Ha!

Just waiting on the NOA 2 now and hopefully all will go well there :thumbs:

Best wishes

Arthur and Roberta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

As I am getting ready for the interview, I can tell you that more than anything, you need copies of all the things you sent to NVC. This is not required but you need to have it in case NVC has not transfered it. In terms of original copies, I would just look on the website of your embassy. It really shouldn't be much. I would really work on getting all the proof of relationship. It can really take a while. And fo course, work on NVC (because you really want to be ready so that it can go faster). Take care.

NOA1: 8/8/2008

NOA2: 12/30/2008

Interview: 01/04/2009 Passed

POE: 08/2009

Removal of Conditions: filed July 2011

Biometrics: September 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.