ZansGirl

ds-230 question...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

#25 of the DS-230 asks: List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States. (If never, write "never") Give type of visa status, if known. Give DHS "A" number if any I am in the us at least once a month, if not more....and i always go to the same place, my husbands house...so what do I out there, becasue I cannot be 100% positive of each and every date over the last 2 years....

also #21a is Person(s) named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now. well the answer to 14 is my husband who is the usc and 19 are my kids who are grown and not immigrating...so what do i put there?? my husband or N/A

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You have to List all the visits... try to find a way to get these dates... check out your passports, if there's dates on the entry stamps... or anything!

for #21a Just type NONE... You can't list your husband there, he's a USC not immigrant, and as long as your children are not immigrating so do not list them!

Edited by MaxOnline

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Zans - I had this same problem. What I did was attach a separate sheet of paper and wrote the following sentence at the top:

The dates listed below are recalled to the best of my ability dating back to 2002. Being Canadian, I am not required to have visa to visit the United States, therefore I have made multiple trips to the United States for day or weekend trips in which my passport was not stamped. However, each trip lasted less than 3 weeks.

Then I listed as many as I could remember.

This seemed to be fine with NVC since our case is complete with no RFE. List as many as you can. Check your passport as occasionally they will be stamped with a class B visa. Also ask your husband and see if he remembers. I did that, got a calendar and sat down with my husband and did the best we could. They are really checking for overstays etc.

For question 21 put None

Good luck

Good luck!

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.