principessa

removing conditions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi. I have a conditioned permanent residence status based on a marrige with a citizen. My aplication deadline for removing the condition is this August. Our marriage is suffering and we are thinking of getting separated. We entered our marrige in good faith. Our problem started right after we got married when I discovered that my husband had cheated on me previously while we were dating. My husband showed great remorse for what he's done but I've been suffering from the betrayal. We've been going to marriage counseling, but we are so disconnected at this time I don't know if our marriage is going to survive. I still see some potential in us but some days it becomes so impossible to understand each other and it got to a point where it became violent recently...I don't want to give up on us just yet... I should apply for the removal of the condition..I don't know jointly or separately ....My question is what is the chance of approval if you filed separately. Does anyone know of any cases that are similar to us. Thank you all for reading and help in advance.

Hi. I have a conditioned permanent residence status based on a marrige with a citizen. My aplication deadline for removing the condition is this August. Our marriage is suffering and we are thinking of getting separated. We entered our marrige in good faith. Our problem started right after we got married when I discovered that my husband had cheated on me previously while we were dating. My husband showed great remorse for what he's done but I've been suffering from the betrayal. We've been going to marriage counseling, but we are so disconnected at this time I don't know if our marriage is going to survive. I still see some potential in us but some days it becomes so impossible to understand each other and it got to a point where it became violent recently...I don't want to give up on us just yet... I should apply for the removal of the condition..I don't know jointly or separately ....My question is what is the chance of approval if you filed separately. Does anyone know of any cases that are similar to us. Thank you all for reading and help in advance.

Unless you can prove abuse or cruelty you won't have a chance filing separate. Best to divorce and then file. Either way you have to show proof of having married with good faith.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Sorry about your problems. You can file jointly 90 days before the expiration date on your GC. If you file jointly, and then get a divorce, I think you will have to start over and pay again. You can wait until you are divorced and then file yourself.

Go to My Assistant above and fill in your Timeline.

Go to Guides above and read about filing.

Good luck in your situation and may it work out for the best of both of you.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

If you will end up with a divorce you can file a waiver but the divorce should be finalized so you can File I-751 on your own.There are plenty of women here in VJ who had similar case from yours so I'm pretty sure they will be happy to guide you.Chances of getting approval defends on the documents that you are going to present to the USCIS, gather evidence as much as you can because you need to prove that your marriage is not a fraud .I pray that you will get through this difficult time of your life and if you still love your husband and he has been remorseful of what he had done maybe you can give him another chance and save your marriage. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.