Metro_Man

Any Moroccan traveled with I 751 before ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I am removing my conditional resident , so they sent me like every one the extention letter anyway I went to the Ins to get an I 551 stamp the lady said I cant because I have the extention and that is valid to go and come back with , but I dont know if the moroccan know about the I 751 .

My question had any one from Morocco traveled with it ? I know lot of ppl traveled with the stamp but in this case I am talking about only the I 751 form I got from the uscis .

Thank you

Entered the states on a F1 visa on Dec /03/2002

Married on 7/9/05

Filed I 130 Between 12/22/07-----12/29/07 Dont exactly remember

Approved for conditional green card on 3/9/07

Filed I 751 on Jan /28/09

Recieved NOA on Feb/6/09

Did my Bio on Feb/21/09

Approval was on 6/11/09

Recieved the letter on 6/18/09

Waitting for the Green Card to arrive .

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi guys

I am removing my conditional resident , so they sent me like every one the extention letter anyway I went to the Ins to get an I 551 stamp the lady said I cant because I have the extention and that is valid to go and come back with , but I dont know if the moroccan know about the I 751 .

My question had any one from Morocco traveled with it ? I know lot of ppl traveled with the stamp but in this case I am talking about only the I 751 form I got from the uscis .

Thank you

I will ask around to see if I can come up with an answer for you about this. Meanwhile, if you find anything out, please let us know.

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband said he would be way too nervous to travel to Ghana with just a piece of paper saying he can go back to the US, so I can see how you would be worried. I'm sure the US immigration people would know what the NOA is, but getting out of the country and on the plane in Ghana with just the piece of paper might be difficult and/or expensive (dashes). Plus, seems like unless it is laminated it would be easy for the NOA to be damaged, and if it's laminated they might not accept it, who knows.

I would make another infopass, tell them you didn't receive the NOA or it was lost, and need the stamp. I've heard they won't do the stamp until your green card is actually expired, though.

This is all just in my opinion: maybe other people have actual experience with this.... Good luck!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Timeline

Remember that you only need it to check-in at the airline counter and to re enter the US. Many airlines should know and is part of their procedures to accept these documents, if you get in trouble, since many put this contractors security folks asked for a supervisor in charge of the airline, not airport. If you still feel afraid of it, try to get an INFOPASS so you can get a I-551 stamp that is pretty much recognizable.

Good luck!

Edited by cherr1980

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I would make another infopass, tell them you didn't receive the NOA or it was lost, and need the stamp. I've heard they won't do the stamp until your green card is actually expired, though.

This is all just in my opinion: maybe other people have actual experience with this.... Good luck!

I would suggest not making another infopass and telling them that you didn't receive the NOA or lost it. They have a record of your last Infopass appointment and if you go back and lie about the circumstances of your NOA that would be considered lying to an immigration officer - a bad decision that brings even worse consequences.

I would expect US immigration officials overseas to be familiar with the NOA extension letter but certainly waiting to hear back from other Moroccans who have used the letter is a good plan of action. I hope you hear something good soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I am in the same situation, so what I decided to do is not go overseas till I get my card. less hassle, and save money

good luck

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would also be interested in hearing about this. We'll be sending in our ROC paperwork before the end of the month. We were hoping to go visit his family in Morocco next year since we probably can't go this year. From what I've seen, getting the 10 year card takes about 9 -12 months or more. I'd rather not put it off possibly until 2011 if others have gone without a problem with the extension.

Anyone?

Thanks

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.