Bobby+Umit

Fast turnaround at the NVC

12 posts in this topic

Just received letter from NVC, they received my petition, and was sent within 5 days of receipt to Ankara.

:dance:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That's great news. Please keep us posted!

Our Timeline

June 22nd, 2008: Got engaged in Sydney!

August 9th, 2008: Mailed I-129F Petition

August 11th, 2008: I-129F Petition received, signed by V SEMEGI

August 12th, 2008: NOA1 issued

August 13th, 2008: Touched

August 18th, 2008: NOA1 sent

August 20th, 2008: NOA1 hard copy received!

December 19th, 2008: Touched

December 21st, 2008: Touched (on a Sunday?)

December 22nd, 2008: NOA2 sent!

December 27th, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

December 31st, 2008: NVC mailed petition to Sydney Consulate

January 13th, 2009: fiancée received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate

Feb 11th, 2009: fiancée returned packet 3 documents to Sydney Consulate

Feb 12th, 2009: Sydney Consulate received packet

March 6th, 2009: fiancée inquired about packet 3's status,

March 9th, 2009: Sydney Consulate claims that the interview notice was emailed out on Feb 13th, 2009 for Feb 24th and that she never showed up for the interview!!!!

March 10th, 2009: After some arguing with the Consulate, they've rescheduled an interview

March 17th, 2009: Interview is at 8AM, fiancée, approved!!!

March 19th, 2009: Fiancée received visa in the mail along with yellow envelope for POE

March 28th, 2009: I'm flying to Sydney

April 5th, 2009: We're flying back together!

April 21st, 2009: Got legally married!

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CONSULATE A FEW DAYS AFTER MAILING IN YOUR PACKET 3 DOCUMENTS JUST IN CASE THEY EMAIL YOU AN APPOINTMENT ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AND YOU END UP NOT RECEIVING IT. THEY DO EMAILS NOW!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
Just received letter from NVC, they received my petition, and was sent within 5 days of receipt to Ankara.

:dance:

Congratulation on your NVC speedy approval..our NOA2 received on 3/5/09 in E-mail.. called NVC as of yesterday 3/19/09

they still have not received our file..what I have been told NVC is just shorting point for K 1 visa..actual all process takes place Beneficiary country consulate.. for some K1 filers paper work stuck at NVC more than 90 days what they call AP ( Admin processing) ? whole thing dont make sense.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It used to be that the approved petition was only at the NVC a matter of days.

VSC filers normally going through much quicker because NVC is just over the border in New Hamphire. ;) I'm not sure why yours (raj) isn't there yet. Seems odd.

CSC filers often report their cases taking time to get to NVC. Lately it seems more and more people are getting stuck in AP/Security Checks once at NVC. We got stuck in August of last year for 3 weeks. NZ not a high fraud Country. ;) It's a ####### shoot really.

Congrats Bobby!

timeline.jpg

Timeline
It used to be that the approved petition was only at the NVC a matter of days.

VSC filers normally going through much quicker because NVC is just over the border in New Hamphire. ;) I'm not sure why yours (raj) isn't there yet. Seems odd.

CSC filers often report their cases taking time to get to NVC. Lately it seems more and more people are getting stuck in AP/Security Checks once at NVC. We got stuck in August of last year for 3 weeks. NZ not a high fraud Country. ;) It's a ####### shoot really.

Congrats Bobby!

KimanandRuss, thanks for your reply ..I hope I should hear it or receive letter from NVC...in few days...what I think they are dealing with lots of paper work..some time others file can process faster ..If USCIS has checked Petitionar file background check etc......and approved it...what is left for NVC...?..any beneficiary background check suppose to be done at consulate.. anyway hoping for best.. hai thanks again

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

you can continue to call NVC (they're much nicer than USCIS ;) ) .... be aware, you must talk to a human being as K-1's are not entered into the NVC automated system. If you did not talk to a person last time and depended on the automated system, then you can call DOS to see if your petition has moved onto the Embassy and even if a p3/4 has been sent out to the beneficiary yet. ;)

There are security checks at every stage of the petition/visa process. Any one of which can hold you up and whether or not you feel you have any circumstances that would. We have no common names and nothing in our past that would hold us up...yet it took 3 weeks for some reason.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
you can continue to call NVC (they're much nicer than USCIS ;) ) .... be aware, you must talk to a human being as K-1's are not entered into the NVC automated system. If you did not talk to a person last time and depended on the automated system, then you can call DOS to see if your petition has moved onto the Embassy and even if a p3/4 has been sent out to the beneficiary yet. ;)

There are security checks at every stage of the petition/visa process. Any one of which can hold you up and whether or not you feel you have any circumstances that would. We have no common names and nothing in our past that would hold us up...yet it took 3 weeks for some reason.

KimandRuss, thanks again for your quick reply.. :star: yes I have talk to person ..pressing 5.. you are right they are nice and polite on the phone.. yes I did mention to them every time that this is K-1 visa file.. give my case # etc NOA2 date which i have received in e-mail on 3/5/09 and hardcopy received in mail on 3/12/09...so if I count my days from 3/12/09

than roughly 1 week.......so hoping...next week hear + news......god less you...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Awesome! All the best with the interview :star:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Wow!!! That was fast :thumbs: Congrats... :)

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.