deedertot

K-1 Visa / Affidavit of Support / Co-Sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, I'm new here to the message boards, and am in the process of putting together the I-129 packet for a K-1 Visa. I know I will need a Co-Sponsor as I am without a job at the moment. Do you think that will be a major problem? Do you think we will get denied the visa because I don't have a job even though I have a Co-Sponsor who makes well above the poverty limit? I don't want to really push back applying for this until I find a job.....but I don't want to risk it either. Any help will be appreciated!

Hi, I'm new here to the message boards, and am in the process of putting together the I-129 packet for a K-1 Visa. I know I will need a Co-Sponsor as I am without a job at the moment. Do you think that will be a major problem? Do you think we will get denied the visa because I don't have a job even though I have a Co-Sponsor who makes well above the poverty limit? I don't want to really push back applying for this until I find a job.....but I don't want to risk it either. Any help will be appreciated!

Obviously it's better to be employed. Who's going to buy the food when your mate gets here?

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

File the petition, a co-sponsor is OK. Keep looking for a job. If you get a job before the interview date you may not need a co-sponsor. You do NOYT need a co-sponsor OR proof of income to file the petition. You will have 4-6 months minimum from filing the petition until you need to demonstrate your income, or a co-sponsor

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

as previously mentioned, not needed for the initial packet... you have some time to work out the details

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't worry about having a co-sponser. Lots of us used co-sponsers. I am the USC and I filed while working in London. I was working as a waitress in London and not making much money at all. So even though I did have a job, my job wasn't in the US, so they knew that both me and my fiancee would both be out of jobs when we traveled to the US together to get married (presumably the month or two after the approval) and we were approved.

Co-sponsers are not a problem. However, as others have stated, having a job is a lot better! (not because you are more likely to be approved, but because both you and your fiancee will have bills -food, housing (and all the bills that adds as well, ie water, electricity, ect), *some* recreation, cell phones, the list goes on!

Good luck!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.