sheremae

I need help on what to do..

26 posts in this topic

After one month i was interviewed at the fraud unit, the embassy sent my passport back with no visa and a letter 212(a)(4) stating that my petitiner does not intent to support me, and below the letter it says there that if i would like to discuss the matter with a consular officer in person, i can appear on March 6, 2009. I was there on the 6th of March and brought my petitioner 2008 ITR and a letter of his tax man. My petitioner's 2007 ITR is negative and the letter from his tax man tells there that his income is not $0, his depreciation is $50,000, although it shows $0 on his 2007 tax return, the depreciation along with this income is $50,000. During my interview the consular told me that my petioner's income was not stated clearly, and she said my petitioner does not intent to support me when i get there in the US. On my petitioner's I-134, Affidavit of Support he checked number 11 box do not intend to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named item 3. I told the consular that the affidavit of support was filled out right, and she said " ya,. but he need to make an affidavit that he is going to support you." Is this mean that he needs to make a personal letter and notarized that he is going to support me ? After the interview the window 37 called my name and she returned my passport back and a letter 212(a)(4) You are likely to become a public charge. She said, this is not a refusal you can come back here anytime if you have all the proof of documents.

After i was interviewed in the fraud unit, i told my fiance to give up because i am tired all of this mess. I am losing hope and im tired of keep coming back in Manila and going back in Mindanao because i am pregnant but my fiance dont give up easy. He send his bank statement and his letter stating that he is going to support me. Now, he wants me to go back in the embassy as soon as i get his letter. What should I do? Do I really need to go there? Where i am going to submit all the papers i got ? Will they allow me to go there inside the embassy eventhough I dont have an appointment? Please I need your help and advices.

Hello,

I would suggest that u ask your hubby to come over here and be the 2 of u submit d required documents needed by USEM. Thats what my cousin did 3 yrs ago...after a month, she flew for USA. Good Luck friend.

That was a great suggestion but he cant come here because he can't leave his work at the moment. Thank you for your advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
After one month i was interviewed at the fraud unit, the embassy sent my passport back with no visa and a letter 212(a)(4) stating that my petitiner does not intent to support me, and below the letter it says there that if i would like to discuss the matter with a consular officer in person, i can appear on March 6, 2009. I was there on the 6th of March and brought my petitioner 2008 ITR and a letter of his tax man. My petitioner's 2007 ITR is negative and the letter from his tax man tells there that his income is not $0, his depreciation is $50,000, although it shows $0 on his 2007 tax return, the depreciation along with this income is $50,000. During my interview the consular told me that my petioner's income was not stated clearly, and she said my petitioner does not intent to support me when i get there in the US. On my petitioner's I-134, Affidavit of Support he checked number 11 box do not intend to make specific contributions to support of the person(s) named item 3. I told the consular that the affidavit of support was filled out right, and she said " ya,. but he need to make an affidavit that he is going to support you." Is this mean that he needs to make a personal letter and notarized that he is going to support me ? After the interview the window 37 called my name and she returned my passport back and a letter 212(a)(4) You are likely to become a public charge. She said, this is not a refusal you can come back here anytime if you have all the proof of documents.

After i was interviewed in the fraud unit, i told my fiance to give up because i am tired all of this mess. I am losing hope and im tired of keep coming back in Manila and going back in Mindanao because i am pregnant but my fiance dont give up easy. He send his bank statement and his letter stating that he is going to support me. Now, he wants me to go back in the embassy as soon as i get his letter. What should I do? Do I really need to go there? Where i am going to submit all the papers i got ? Will they allow me to go there inside the embassy eventhough I dont have an appointment? Please I need your help and advices.

Hi sheremae...

Sorry you are having such a hard time with the USEM. Don't give up. Remember, you can go back any time with the right documents. I believe that there is a way for you to fulfill the financial requirements necessary for your visa. It is worth a try.

First, have your fiance send you a new I-134. He should check the box that shows that he intends to make specific contributions to support you. Make sure he sends you an original...not a copy.

Next, have your fiance send you a notarized letter that he intends to support you. He can also explain in his letter the details of his 2007 and 2008 income tax returns.

Next, include the letter from your fiance's tax man.

Then, submit these documents to the USEM, along with your passport and the letter the USEM gave you. You can submit them to Window 17, from Monday through Thursday, between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. There also may be a way to send the documents instead of submitting them in person.

If you think that this is not enough evidence of support, you could also submit papers from a co-sponsor.

This is only my opinion...but I hope the idea helps you.

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

His lawyer said, if he is going to check the box intend to support me that could be a different visa to be used not K1 visa. His lawyer has an agency to work on visa and he said he's been doing this for 200 persons using K1 visa and he checked the box do not intend. I am so confused about this matter.

So, if i got some documents i can submit it to window 17 if though i dont have an appointment? The letter that was given from the USEM tells there that i am likely to become a public charge. It doesnt give me a list of documents that i need to bring. Is it possible to have another interview with the CO?

Thanks for your opinion.

It is Intend to support you , or do not intend to support you . Does the benificary of the Visa have a job , his or her own income . If not there own work , and the petitioner doesnt intend to support you . How will you have money , to live , that would make you a public charge while in the USA right ?? . So by checking do not intend , he basically told Usembassy . He will not take care of you , which if you were in USA you would have too rely on the USA government to take care of you . Which means you would be a public charge .

Sheremae,

I can see it's a matter of complying the requirements that the CO requested you.. Once you have the papers go back asap. It is better to try rather than quitting without doing any move. Keep your faith and be positive,patience is a virtue as they say.. all will be fine..Good luck!!

Roglover

Checking the I-134 that I used for my interview way back in 2007, I found out that on this specific question #11, we didn't check either one, instead we put N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence). I'm pretty sure a lot of people here did the same thing since it's in the example form here in VJ Guide.

@sheremae,

wish you all the best... may you and your fiance will be able to get out of this freakin' mess. Maybe a personal letter from your fiance stating that there was a misconception regarding the "I intend" and "Do not intend" thingy will help. And then use supporting documents that will show he can actually support you when you get here in US.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Timeline
Checking the I-134 that I used for my interview way back in 2007, I found out that on this specific question #11, we didn't check either one, instead we put N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence). I'm pretty sure a lot of people here did the same thing since it's in the example form here in VJ Guide.

@sheremae,

wish you all the best... may you and your fiance will be able to get out of this freakin' mess. Maybe a personal letter from your fiance stating that there was a misconception regarding the "I intend" and "Do not intend" thingy will help. And then use supporting documents that will show he can actually support you when you get here in US.

--Mae

We did not know about VJ until after we finished the AOS process, so we did not follow that example. I checked "I intend" and put "Provide room and board at my residence while staying in the US." We had no problem with the I-134, even though I was self-employed, and provided only photocopies of my last three ITR's.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Hi sheremae...

Sorry you are having such a hard time with the USEM. Don't give up. Remember, you can go back any time with the right documents. I believe that there is a way for you to fulfill the financial requirements necessary for your visa. It is worth a try.

First, have your fiance send you a new I-134. He should check the box that shows that he intends to make specific contributions to support you. Make sure he sends you an original...not a copy.

Next, have your fiance send you a notarized letter that he intends to support you. He can also explain in his letter the details of his 2007 and 2008 income tax returns.

Then, submit these documents to the USEM, along with your passport and the letter the USEM gave you. You can submit them to Window 17, from Monday through Thursday, between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. There also may be a way to send the documents instead of submitting them in person.

If you think that this is not enough evidence of support, you could also submit papers from a co-sponsor.

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

His lawyer said, if he is going to check the box intend to support me that could be a different visa to be used not K1 visa. His lawyer has an agency to work on visa and he said he's been doing this for 200 persons using K1 visa and he checked the box do not intend. I am so confused about this matter.

So, if i got some documents i can submit it to window 17 if though i dont have an appointment? The letter that was given from the USEM tells there that i am likely to become a public charge. It doesnt give me a list of documents that i need to bring. Is it possible to have another interview with the CO?

Thanks for your opinion.

sheremae...

There is nothing confusing here. You obviously need a new strategy to address the support issue. Your fiance's lawyer's advice is not working out for you. It is that simple. Please put yourself in the Consul Officer's shoes for one minute. All the Consul Officer sees is your fiance's complicated tax return, and your fiance's own words on his I-134 that he does not intend to support you. What would you think under these circumstances? I know what I would think...I would think that you were going to become a public charge if you were allowed into the U.S.

If I were in your shoes, I would submit better evidence of support to the USEM:

> a notarized letter from your fiance explaining his 2007 and 2008 tax returns in detail...and clearly stating his income.

> a notarized letter from your fiance's tax man explaining his 2007 and 2008 tax returns in detail.

> a notarized letter from your fiance showing his monthly budget for his income and his monthly expenses, and his intention to support you.

> a notarized letter from your fiance's attorney explaining why he told your fiance to check the box on line 11 of his I-134 form that says he does not intend to support you.

> a new, updated I-134 form that shows your fiance's intention to support you. Your fiance needs to check the box that he "intends" to support you. In the space below question #11 your fiance should write something to this effect (if it is, in fact, the truth): "I intend to be married forever to [your name], and to always support her. I intend to always provide her with room and board, and to always provide for her financial needs." This is what I wrote on my I-134 for question #11. It made me feel good. It made my fiancée feel good. Apparently, it made my fiancée's Consul Officer feel warm and fuzzy too. How would it make you feel if your fiance had written those words?

> It is up to you and your fiance to present a strong case for support.

> If, in the end, you feel this approach will not work for you, then you will need a co-sponsor.

Have your fiance call the USEM and talk to Grace or Lorraine to find out whether you need an appointment to talk to the Consul Officer again, or whether you can just submit your new evidence of support to Window 17.

You are very close to the end of your visa journey...good luck...and don't give up!

~ Tahoma

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THAT IS TRUE. WE FILED FOR K-3 VISA ( THAT IS SAME AS K-1 VISA TOO). NOW MY HUSBAND TOO HAD A NEGATIVE INCOME FOR 2007 AND HE SENT A LETTER EXPLAINING HIS INCOME TO USEM. AT THAT TIME, HE WAS JUST HIRED FOR A NEW JOB (3 DAYS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW), AND HE EMAILED ME A NEW EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE (I PRINTED IT AND BROUGHT IT TO THE CO). BUT MY HUSBAND CHECKED THE #11 IN THE I-134 THAT HE INTEND TO SUPPORT ME IN THE US. I WAS APPROVED WITH NO DIFFICULTIES AND I AM HERE IN THE US NOW.

Hi sheremae...

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

Thanks for your opinion.

sheremae...

There is nothing confusing here. You obviously need a new strategy to address the support issue. Your fiance's lawyer's advice is not working out for you. It is that simple. Please put yourself in the Consul Officer's shoes for one minute. All the Consul Officer sees is your fiance's complicated tax return, and your fiance's own words on his I-134 that he does not intend to support you. What would you think under these circumstances? I know what I would think...I would think that you were going to become a public charge if you were allowed into the U.S.

> a notarized letter from your fiance explaining his 2007 and 2008 tax returns in detail...and clearly stating his income.

> a notarized letter from your fiance's tax man explaining his 2007 and 2008 tax returns in detail.

> a notarized letter from your fiance showing his monthly budget for his income and his monthly expenses, and his intention to support you.

> a notarized letter from your fiance's attorney explaining why he told your fiance to check the box on line 11 of his I-134 form that says he does not intend to support you.

> a new, updated I-134 form that shows your fiance's intention to support you. Your fiance needs to check the box that he "intends" to support you. In the space below question #11 your fiance should write something to this effect (if it is, in fact, the truth): "I intend to be married forever to [your name], and to always support her. I intend to always provide her with room and board, and to always provide for her financial needs." This is what I wrote on my I-134 for question #11. It made me feel good. It made my fiancée feel good. Apparently, it made my fiancée's Consul Officer feel warm and fuzzy too. How would it make you feel if your fiance had written those words?

> If, in the end, you feel this approach will not work for you, then you will need a co-sponsor.

Have your fiance call the USEM and talk to Grace or Lorraine to find out whether you need an appointment to talk to the Consul Officer again, or whether you can just submit your new evidence of support to Window 17.

You are very close to the end of your visa journey...good luck...and don't give up!

~ Tahoma

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THAT IS TRUE. WE FILED FOR K-3 VISA ( THAT IS SAME AS K-1 VISA TOO). NOW MY HUSBAND TOO HAD A NEGATIVE INCOME FOR 2007 AND HE SENT A LETTER EXPLAINING HIS INCOME TO USEM. AT THAT TIME, HE WAS JUST HIRED FOR A NEW JOB (3 DAYS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW), AND HE EMAILED ME A NEW EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE (I PRINTED IT AND BROUGHT IT TO THE CO). BUT MY HUSBAND CHECKED THE #11 IN THE I-134 THAT HE INTEND TO SUPPORT ME IN THE US. I WAS APPROVED WITH NO DIFFICULTIES AND I AM HERE IN THE US NOW.

Hi sheremae...

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

Thanks for your opinion.

sheremae...

~ Tahoma

Filed: Timeline

Hi sheremae...

Good luck!!!

~ Tahoma

Thanks for your opinion.

sheremae...

~ Tahoma

This is reason enough not to rely just on the information you find here, but to look at the websites for the USCIS, State Department, and the Embassy, yourself, and to follow the instructions on the forms. When filling out the forms for adjustment of status and EAD, I found the information line at the USCIS more than helpful, and extremely courteous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.