ERIKandCHINH

HCMC fingerprints?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

Does my fiancee in HCMC need to get fingerprinted? The instructions sent to her froom the Embassy are vague and don't say that she need them, just that some conulates require them. Also, does anyone know where we are to pay the $131.00 fee? It says Citibank, but where? to whom? ??? These instructions lack...well ...instruction.

Thanks,

Erik

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi all,

Does my fiancee in HCMC need to get fingerprinted? The instructions sent to her froom the Embassy are vague and don't say that she need them, just that some conulates require them. Also, does anyone know where we are to pay the $131.00 fee? It says Citibank, but where? to whom? ??? These instructions lack...well ...instruction.

Thanks,

Erik

I don't know about fingerprint. Packet4 (aka Appointment package) will tell you where to pay the MRV $131. Below are excerpts from p4.

3. Fee: Duplicate receipt of MRV (Machine Readable Visa) application fee issued by Citibank. The MRV fee is US $131 for

each applicant regardless of age. You need to present your appointment letter, pay the fee and receive a receipt in duplicate

at Citibank office located at: Sun Wah Tower, Ground floor, 115 Nguyen Hue, District 1, HCMC. Citibank is open from

8:30 – 11:30 and 13:00 – 15:30, Monday through Friday. The Bank only accepts US dollars in cash.

15. Medical examination results: Please do not open the envelope provided by the Panel Physician. There are two

steps that you need to follow:

Step 1: Vaccination: Fees for vaccination depend on your age and the required vaccinations. Bring all of your

vaccination records with you to the Quarantine Service of HCMC at 40 Nguyen Van Troi Street, Phu Nhuan

District, HCMC, Tel: (84-8) 844-5306 for your vaccinations.

Step 2: Medical examination at our Panel Physicians. Results are complete in about two days. You must bring

your appointment letter, passport, two standard visa photos and the fee for your medical examination

processing. The fee for each applicant aged 15 or over is US$100 and for each child under 15 is US$70. Cho

Ray hospital accepts fees only in Vietnam Dong; the International Organization for Migration (IOM) accepts

fees only in US dollars. Here are the addresses of our Panel Physicians:

Cho Ray Hospital (CRH), Visa Medical Unit

201B Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Ward 12, District 5, HCMC, Tel: (84-8) 3856 5703, website:

http://www.choray.org.vn/huongdan.asp

The International Organization for Migration (IOM)

1B Pham Ngoc Thach Street, District 1, HCMC, Tel: (84-8) 3822 2058/3822 2057/3822 2061,

Please note that the examining physician will discuss the medical results with you and any follow-up

treatment you may need. You must follow up your treatment at our Panel Physicians.

Cam

Hi all,

Thanks,

Erik

Have you received Packet 4 already? Those instructions should be quite specific. Fingerprints are done at the consulate.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No we didn't recieve packet 4 yet. I was notified that my petition was on its way to HCMC from the NVC. She received the form DS2001 with instructions to prepare documents and to request interview (I think that is form DS 230). It mentioned the fees $130.00 for the applicaton and $100.00 for the Medical, payment at Citibank and the documents she needs to collect, but no details were given like the above post.

So will she need to get fingerprinted? The DS 2001 says that it must be done , if required in her country, at the IOM. I read the 4 page document they sent her, and frankly, I'm not sure what needs to be done first, by whom or where. Can I expect to receive instructions too? It's bee a couple of weeks since my petition was sent to HCMC?

Sorry for the juvenile questions, I am just confused and don't want to start making mistakes now and I don't want the process interrupted.

Thanks,

Erik

No we didn't recieve packet 4 yet. I was notified that my petition was on its way to HCMC from the NVC. She received the form DS2001 with instructions to prepare documents and to request interview (I think that is form DS 230). It mentioned the fees $130.00 for the applicaton and $100.00 for the Medical, payment at Citibank and the documents she needs to collect, but no details were given like the above post.

So will she need to get fingerprinted? The DS 2001 says that it must be done , if required in her country, at the IOM. I read the 4 page document they sent her, and frankly, I'm not sure what needs to be done first, by whom or where. Can I expect to receive instructions too? It's bee a couple of weeks since my petition was sent to HCMC?

Sorry for the juvenile questions, I am just confused and don't want to start making mistakes now and I don't want the process interrupted.

Thanks,

Erik

Erik,

What you have is Packet 3. Step 1 is what she needs to do now. That means DS-230 Part I and DS-2001. Get those turned in at the consulate ASAP.

Step 2 is FYI so you can get your act together while waiting for Packet 4. Packet 4 will have the detailed instructions on what to do for the medical exam and paying the fees, along with instructions for more forms to fill out.

Where you were reading about the fingerprinting was not part of DS-2001. You were reading the FOREIGN police certificate information sheet. If she has not resided in another country for more than 1 year since she was 16, you do not need to worry about this. If she did, you will have to follow the instructions. They are telling you that some other countries will require fingerprints to get the police certificate. In Vietnam, fingerprints are not required to get a police certificate. DS-2001 is the applicant readiness form only. It is a 1 page document.

By the way, has she got her Ly Lich Tu Phap yet? This is the justice record check she needs to get in her home province (where her name is listed in ho khau). This can take up to 3 weeks, so if she does not have it, get her going on that. If she doesn't have it, she will not be able to have her interview.

You will not receive any instructions from the consulate. She will get two packets, that's it. You will get nothing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.