r0yalflush

how long it takes from NVC to Us Embassy in HCM?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

For those who have went through this, please tell me how long it takes for HCM Us Embassy to recieved your documents once NVC sent it. HCM has recieved my case electronically, but not the original documents yet, please give some inputs on how much longer it might take for them to receive it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
For those who have went through this, please tell me how long it takes for HCM Us Embassy to recieved your documents once NVC sent it. HCM has recieved my case electronically, but not the original documents yet, please give some inputs on how much longer it might take for them to receive it?

also is it true that packet 3 will be sent to the fiancee right after the US EMBASSY has received the case electronically?

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mine took about 11 or 12 days (without looking it up.) but that was from the notice that my doc's were on their way to HCMC from the NVC until she got instructions. She got instructions right away but they are kind of vague. I haven't recieved packet 3 or anything for that matter, from the consulate in HCMC.

It takes about 1 week for your case to be delivered to the consulate via DHL. You can call the DOS and ask them or you can e-mail the consulate and confirm receipt. that is what I did. It takes them about 4 days to respond to an e-mail.

Regarding Packet 3, they will send it out to your fiancee shortly after receiving the case. For me, they mailed it 2 days after receiving the case, according to the e-mail response that I got. HOWEVER, delivery is another issue altogether. It could be a few days or a few weeks depending upon where she lives. The consulate will not consider it "lost" until you have waited 3 weeks. They will give you the Packet 3 info via e-mail, though, if you ask. I did because mail to Hien's village is unreliable.

Mine took about 11 or 12 days (without looking it up.) but that was from the notice that my doc's were on their way to HCMC from the NVC until she got instructions. She got instructions right away but they are kind of vague. I haven't recieved packet 3 or anything for that matter, from the consulate in HCMC.

Erik, you say that she got instructions but then you say that you have not received Packet 3... Packet 3 IS the Instruction Packet, but only for the first phase of in-country activity. They need her to fill out DS-230 Part I and DS-2001 ASAP and turn them in at the consulate. ONLY at that point will they schedule her for an interview and send Packet 4 to her. Packet 4 has the rest of the instructions for DS-156K, etc, the physical and the processing fee, along with her interview date. Instructions are provided in English and Vietnamese and are quite clear.

YOU (the petitioner) will never receive anything from the consulate because it has moved from petition phase (you) to application for visa phase (her).

Look at mine, and others' timeline so you'll get some idea, think in 1 month term :)

Your timeline says that the consulate e-mailed your interview date to you. How did you get them to do that? And did they send it to you or your fiancee? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.