mahal007

my fiancees kids..

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee decided not to include her kids anymore on the petition because

of the expenses that it will cost me for all of them.is there

a way to cancel their petition?my fiancee will have her interview on april 20.

she will just have to petition them herself once she got here in the U.S.

No need to cancel. Just don't have DS 156s filled out for them . If she petitions them after she is a LPR it will take a few years to get them here. You can petition them after you guys are married as a stepfather and it only takes a year or so.

It's a TOUGH one for her to come without her kids. Especially if they are young.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I can understand the financial difficulty since we were in the same boat. I have two kids (11 & 9 yr olds) and it was and it still is (AOS for 3) very expensive but we managed; my husband took care of the bigger fees and I took care of the smaller fees while on the visa process. Then we gave it several months after receiving the visa to fly to US so we could all save up a little more for fare and everything. Life here was not easy, still is not easy up to now, we are still tightening our belt the best way we can.

We also thought about leaving the kids and have them follow after I get settled here but with the help of vj members who helped me see the pros and cons, I was able to weigh in favor of having them come with me at the same time. The first few months here would be difficult for your fiancee, I wouldn't have survived it if I had left my kids. I probably would have gone back home because of homesickness and depression: can't drive, can't work, feeling useless because I am not earning/contributing to financial needs at all, can't go out without husband or mother-in-law driving for me, missing my friends & family, missing food from PI, etc. And there were times here when I was ready to pack my stuff and heed back to Philippines but my kids, especially my 9 year old son would say: Who will be with Dadudz (my husband, their stepdad), I don't want to leave Dadudz.

Going back for the kids would actually be more expensive than having them apply and travel with her at the same time. AOS fee would also be higher if they will not apply with her. But then, if the kids will not apply and travel with her, you could also spread the cost more so you won't feel the impact of the financial burden one time. There are indeed pros and cons, I don't know how many kids your fiancee have and their ages but I hope you and her both consider it very carefully.

Good luck and may you reach a decision that would be best for everyone concerned.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

as has been mentioned, you do not want to cancel the petition. the petition is for your fiance. the children have derivative status. I was in the same situation as you not to long ago. weighing the pros and cons of having my daughter come at the same time as her mom or a later date.

as far as expenses for the process, in the long run it will be more expensive to have the children come at a later date, than at the same time as their mom.

you still have time to consider all of your options.

I'm not trying to be judgemental. I know everyone tries to do what they feel is best for their stuation. I know everyone's goal is to be together as a family. this is something I just want you to consider. The time that your fiance will be apart from her children. That is something that can never be replaced.

best of luck with whatever decisions you make :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

hello,i was just reading ur post and i saw that ur fiancee will have her interview this april 20,just wanna ask when u called the embassy did they tell u what are the available dates now that u can choose to get an interview date,the last time my fiance called the embassyapril30 is not yet available,so we were thinking before calling them back and charge him another $18 we just wanna make sure that april 30is already available.thank u so much in advance,God bless

I would try everything in my power to bring the kids over with their mother. It's hard to make up for lost time when it comes to being away from the kids... I don't have any regrets bringing my step-son over with his mother. It is hard to be a family if someone is missing. Do what you think is best, but try like hell to bring the kids with the mother.... Good luck to whatever decision you make! :thumbs:

Timeline

hello,i was just reading ur post and i saw that ur fiancee will have her interview this april 20,just wanna ask when u called the embassy did they tell u what are the available dates now that u can choose to get an interview date,the last time my fiance called the embassyapril30 is not yet available,so we were thinking before calling them back and charge him another $18 we just wanna make sure that april 30is already available.thank u so much in advance,God bless

Sorry but i dont remember anymore what dates are available.How many times did ur fiancee made a phone call already?coz i able to use mine 4 times

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.