ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

OK, i'm a complete retard..... Turns out that I had a beta key for over 6 weeks sitting on my account. I have 2 accounts and thought that was what was showing up on my battlenet account. I will go sit in the corner now.

:o LULZ Have fun!

I heard that QuestHelper is really good at telling you what quests are left in the zone to complete, though I've never used it myself. My Lorekeeper experience was done mostly through being completionist during leveling, and a lot of google searching :P

I remember those days...I've had Carbonite now for 2 years and sad to say I don't think I could ( or rather would not want to) function without it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mel got into the Beta today. She was so excited. She has been obsessed with goblins for about 2 months now :lol:

ETA: I am really horrible about reading quests, so that in mind, you can imagine how much time I wasted killing Bruisers in Booty Bay for the Bloodsail Admiral quest because I thought that you had to get all the way to exhalted with the bloodsail pirates. :bonk:

uhh thought you could lol. that's what hubby did on his warrior however now he can't fly anywhere cuz as soon as he lands he gets beat up LOL.

OK, i'm a complete retard..... Turns out that I had a beta key for over 6 weeks sitting on my account. I have 2 accounts and thought that was what was showing up on my battlenet account. I will go sit in the corner now.

facepalm..yes Rob..you ARE a retard :P

Poor David, he keeps checking to see if he has it..and he does not. so he keeps stealing my account to test stuff out..

lol. The beta is beautiful, I'm sure you guys will like some of the changes (other ones will take some getting use to).

Blizzcon in a month! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

so many things i love about beta..and so many things i hate lol :) it really is wow 2.0.

ohh thats gonnba be fun. you went last year too eh? you going with Wes? duh probably obvious lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

uhh thought you could lol. that's what hubby did on his warrior however now he can't fly anywhere cuz as soon as he lands he gets beat up LOL.

facepalm..yes Rob..you ARE a retard :P

Poor David, he keeps checking to see if he has it..and he does not. so he keeps stealing my account to test stuff out..

so many things i love about beta..and so many things i hate lol :) it really is wow 2.0.

ohh thats gonnba be fun. you went last year too eh? you going with Wes? duh probably obvious lol.

From the looks of it, they are going to lose half of the healers in the game. The mana cost of each spell coupled with the ####### MP regeneration rate is really pissing off people. Blizz so far has said "Deal with it or GTFO", but we'll see. I bet they cave in and change it.

Timeline

dunno, but spirit is very good for most casters now it will convert to hit. str will be parry for all tanks now. GC has stated haste=resources so i dunno. personally i hate it.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

It will be tons of fun! I didn't go last year though Wes had a ticket for me, cuz well..immigration. Blech. I went in '08, so while this is my third ticket, its only the 2nd time actually going. I'm soooo stoked!

I like teh changes to healing in that it makes me actually pay attention, no more just rejuv spamming. Its going to take me a little bit to get adjusted to it for sure, and I still think some tweaking should be done (I have like 63k mana and yet go OOM on 1 pack of trash?) but overall I think it should be interesting. Brings me back to playing in vanilla, though now I can actually heal instead of just being an innervate bot.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I was installing the beta last night while raiding with my new guild, but aparently, Kaspersky hates blizzard and kept identifying the installer as a keylogger :(. I said ** it at 10:45 and went to sleep. I was quite pleased with getting heroic blood queen down last night with my new guild. The problem I was having is that this is a fairly tight group and they refer to each other by their real names. So on the first pull, I got the third round of bites and when I had to go bite someone, they told me to go bite Rachel. I don't know who Rachel is. So after about 4 wipes, only that one was my fault, I just said "I don't really know names or even toon names and classes well yet, just don't bite me unless there is anyone else". Sad thing is that I wasn't the lowest on DPS despite never getting a bit.

I'm gonna try beta tonigth when I get home. I feel like such a nerd that I'm looking forward to it this much :$

Timeline

hehe don't feel nerdy, its awesome!

The beta is showing up as a virus/keylogger to some ppl, so they suggest to just disable your antivirus till its installed, its a proven false detection. I guess a lot of people were having issues with it, its all over the cata board ><

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

DEC. 7TH w0000t.

OK, my experience with beta was mixed. I imported a lvl 85 priest and was just messing around with talents. In the 5 mins it took me to read up on the talent tree changes, I got 14 duel requests and 9 guild invites. Semi-annoyed, I decided to try out the new races. First, a goblin lock. I got all the way to the end and it froze. I did what people said to do to glitch it and to move on to the next area to lvl. However, from what I was told, it's only a 5-10% chance that it will work. I made 5 goblins, and 1 worgen all the way through the starter areas. Mel made 4 goblins through the starting area for me and it didn't work. Before sleep last night, I did one last attempt, and I made it through. A sad little goblin warrior named Iheartgnomes.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yay, 4.0.0 comes out today. Shrug. I read up a bit on some of my classes. It seems I am going to have to find 20-50 hit rating on most of my toons. What is going to really irritate me tonight when I get home is that half my add ons won't work.

Timeline

curently the way to go is reforge extra stats for hit / exp then gem / chant the rest depening on class

I'm not that far off, I just need to change a few things to get over cap. Thank god my two main toons are casters that require a lot of spirit anyways so I shouldn't be more than a few points off. I feel bad for all those rogues and hunters who gemmed and geared to get to ARP hard cap. :lol:

Timeline

dont forget warriors, dk and palladins. all use arp on most gear

oh and i hate inscriptionists who made a fortune last night lol luckily i had already bought and replaced all my gems, but i slacked and never bought my heirloom gear..now it's 3 times the price /sigh

my system hates the patch on live, yet on beta i had no issues, but now i get like 2 FPS..####### :(

HWDWm6.png

My Carbonite questhelper is broken....I am sad :( Oh and I lost all my node info on my Gatherer...more sad :(

Timeline

dont forget warriors, dk and palladins. all use arp on most gear

oh and i hate inscriptionists who made a fortune last night lol luckily i had already bought and replaced all my gems, but i slacked and never bought my heirloom gear..now it's 3 times the price /sigh

my system hates the patch on live, yet on beta i had no issues, but now i get like 2 FPS..####### :(

Palis don't really use ARP, or at least it's not worth it to gem or chant for it.

So I spent probably around 2500g on glyphs last night, and that was only for my lvl 80's main specs, haven't even thought about off-spec glyphs etc. It seems my caster toons got a huge buff. Locks got buffed pretty hard. It seems that while they neutered most of the glyphs and talents, but buffed up the damage on the new "bane" talents. Shadow priests are just OP now, but sucks that they got rid of misery. The only toon that I tested out that I could see a discernable downturn in was my pali. I usually do 10K+ in ICC 10/25 and about 6.5-7K on the dummies. I could barely break 4K last night on the dummies. I guess i'm still not used to the new rotation and new skill. I was also, very wrong about the hit rating on my toons. I had copied them onto the beta and saw my hit rating and I miscalculated somewhere .I thought I was going to have to change some crit to hit rate on my shadow priest. Yeah, turns out, when I logged in, my Hit was at 26.85%. D'oh. I reforged every bit of hit and turned it into haste. Now i'm down to 20.55%. Sigh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.