ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am leveling my priest as Shadow/Discipline & my main issue is constantly running out of mana (never an issue with my lock, due to their ability to life tap & drain mana). Am I missing something with my priest concerning keeping my mana pool up? I am in greens (frostweave stuff) so I'm not exactly geared (will run WG & BG's starting at 77 to get epic PvP gear). I don't have enough time in RL to raid (and I would get wife aggro if I did, :lol: ).

Yeah I don't have trouble with mana anymore with my priest, but I have a vague recollection of having to drink A LOT when levelling - which was pre-heirloom items. It does get better. I find the mage to be much more mana intensive than my priest ever was. I think one of the reasons I haven't enjoyed the warlock as much is because I have been doing a lot of bgs with her and once my minion takes off and i'm left there (shield has been used) - i'm done. I fear, they are immune (which annoys me :lol: ) - I have no back up, not like the priest who can keep shielding or the mage that can freeze and blink. Once I start doing more PVE I might enjoy it more.

I agree, use your shadowfiend every time you think of it, it really does help - don't know if you are far enough down in the shadow tree to have dispersion yet, but that is a great tool for mana.

Edited by trailmix

I am utterly ecstatic right now. Fiance found a guild that's looking for TWO dps.... and thus decided to take us to ICC tonight for a dual trial (we see if we like them, and vice versa)

SKLDJFSKD :D!!!! IM IN ICC!!!! YAY! We're at the first boss, and I so hope we down him, hehe. :D

Totally off topic - I love your name, Frenzyheart sounds like the newest member of the Carebear family :)

Haha! It's actually named after:

Zepik.jpg

Which brings your "totally off topic" back on topic! :D YAY PUPPY FACES! :D

:thumbs:

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am leveling my priest as Shadow/Discipline & my main issue is constantly running out of mana (never an issue with my lock, due to their ability to life tap & drain mana). Am I missing something with my priest concerning keeping my mana pool up? I am in greens (frostweave stuff) so I'm not exactly geared (will run WG & BG's starting at 77 to get epic PvP gear). I don't have enough time in RL to raid (and I would get wife aggro if I did, :lol: ).

Yeah I don't have trouble with mana anymore with my priest, but I have a vague recollection of having to drink A LOT when levelling - which was pre-heirloom items. It does get better. I find the mage to be much more mana intensive than my priest ever was. I think one of the reasons I haven't enjoyed the warlock as much is because I have been doing a lot of bgs with her and once my minion takes off and i'm left there (shield has been used) - i'm done. I fear, they are immune (which annoys me :lol: ) - I have no back up, not like the priest who can keep shielding or the mage that can freeze and blink. Once I start doing more PVE I might enjoy it more.

I agree, use your shadowfiend every time you think of it, it really does help - don't know if you are far enough down in the shadow tree to have dispersion yet, but that is a great tool for mana.

Thanks for the tips guys & yea the shadowfiend is great (5 min cd sucks but there is probably a glyph or something to bring it down). I had dispersion but respecced cus it didn't seem all that useful (will relook). As for a lock don't fear spam/ rely on fear too much... dot them up & drain life. Put your pet on passive & sick him on a spell caster (I use fel puppy almost exclusively). Use pet's abilities as often as possible to disrupt the spell caster. A lock's only nemesis are rogues. If I outgear the rogue or outplay him I can use death coil & get away, but if not he'll keep stunning me until I'm dead (no matter what I do).

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the tips guys & yea the shadowfiend is great (5 min cd sucks but there is probably a glyph or something to bring it down). I had dispersion but respecced cus it didn't seem all that useful (will relook). As for a lock don't fear spam/ rely on fear too much... dot them up & drain life. Put your pet on passive & sick him on a spell caster (I use fel puppy almost exclusively). Use pet's abilities as often as possible to disrupt the spell caster. A lock's only nemesis are rogues. If I outgear the rogue or outplay him I can use death coil & get away, but if not he'll keep stunning me until I'm dead (no matter what I do).

I take it you PvP as affliction? I love destruction for pvp, although with the 3.3 changes to conflag, it's not as good anymore methinks. I loved being able to do 20-30k damage in 5 seconds or less. Made it so much fun to just burst down a warrior in a matter of seconds.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I take it you PvP as affliction? I love destruction for pvp, although with the 3.3 changes to conflag, it's not as good anymore methinks. I loved being able to do 20-30k damage in 5 seconds or less. Made it so much fun to just burst down a warrior in a matter of seconds.

Yea I am demon/affliction... I know destro is popular now but I never made the switch.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Timeline

Yea I am demon/affliction... I know destro is popular now but I never made the switch.

I used to pvp as SL/SL before WoTLK. It didn't have great spellpower, but It did good damage and the surviveablitiy was great. I was never a fan of destruction for raiding or pvp until they made shadowflame an instant cast. That combined with the ability to do 30K damage in 2 or 3 casts is great. I raid as demonology now for the raid buffs, but use destruction as my pvp spec. They have changed it a bit now though, you're not going to see the 20K+ conflagrates anymore :cry:

Timeline

At first, I was really kind of excited about the cross realm queue for instances. It made it really easy to find a group and you could just chain instances really fast. The problem I found this weekend is, that when you expand the population from just your realm you increase your chances of getting into a group with baddies. I did probably 50-60 heroics this weekend, here are just some of my nightmare groups...

lvl 80

DK Tank with 18K HP

Holy priest with 14K MP, Shadow gear on, and no MP regen, spirit or int gems.

Druid healer wearing all agility gear/gems/chants

DK getting out DPS by a resto shamen on boss'

Hunter doing 900 DPS. (Seriously, how do you do that, I tested it and just autoshot, you can do well over 1k).

I did find a really good group on sunday afternoon. Got into a group with a DK tank (with 60K+ HP), and a disc priest (38K Mana) and some great DPS. We did all but 3 heroics and I got a ton of badges. :)

Edited by Rob and Mel

Timeline

What gear score mod you use? Using gearscore, I think I have a 5400 score, but I tend to go by what wow-heroes.com says. I think I have a 2850 ranking there. Not sure, I would check it, but its blocked at work. I really upgraded my pali gear. Got two pieces of 245 gear and a new trinket (darkmoon card: greatness FTW)

Timeline

I only use wow-heroes. I don't take the whole GS thing seriously. I'm not a raider by any means and just get into raids when the guild has an open spot.

I'm at 2450 right now because I can't get a trinket or a cloak to drop for me.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
I only use wow-heroes. I don't take the whole GS thing seriously. I'm not a raider by any means and just get into raids when the guild has an open spot.

I'm at 2450 right now because I can't get a trinket or a cloak to drop for me.

I hear you. I know all too well that gear scores don't mean that much. They are a good indicator of your raid attendance :lol: I have a really high score, but I know locks with much worse gear who kick my as$ :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
At first, I was really kind of excited about the cross realm queue for instances. It made it really easy to find a group and you could just chain instances really fast. The problem I found this weekend is, that when you expand the population from just your realm you increase your chances of getting into a group with baddies. I did probably 50-60 heroics this weekend, here are just some of my nightmare groups...

I outbeat the mage and the lock on my PvP shadow priest in the one LFG ToC group I was in. There's no way my alt PvP shadow priest should have ever come close at out dammaging and dpsing a mage and lock, but surprise, it happened. Actually I think the tank out dpsed the lock as well...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline
I outbeat the mage and the lock on my PvP shadow priest in the one LFG ToC group I was in. There's no way my alt PvP shadow priest should have ever come close at out dammaging and dpsing a mage and lock, but surprise, it happened. Actually I think the tank out dpsed the lock as well...

:lol:

Shadow priests ftw! Does depend on the gear really doesn't it. The top dps in our guild is a mage - no contest there - however when doing aoe I have been known to top her dps occasionally - so if you are in an instance where you are using lots of aoe - the shadow priest should be at the top or near it for dps - at least that has been my experience.

I got three new pieces of gear last night, a belt, headpiece and a staff - i've never had a staff on my priest.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.