ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I got all my stuff back today :thumbs:

All items for all characters (as far as I can tell) - all my gold and also the stuff that was taken from the guild bank.

Yay :dance:

Did they catch the guy who did it? Do you have any idea how they got your account information?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I got all my stuff back today :thumbs:

All items for all characters (as far as I can tell) - all my gold and also the stuff that was taken from the guild bank.

Yay :dance:

Did they catch the guy who did it? Do you have any idea how they got your account information?

They didn't say if they caught anyone. They basically just send you and email listing all the items they have given back, for each character and when you log in they are in your mail.

I still have absolutely no idea how they got in to my account.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad to hear you got your stuff back Trailmix! I told hubby about all the account stealing stories & he got kinda freaked out. I wish I hadn't said anything lol.

I can't view those videos for some reason (can't watch any youtube on this stinking computer). I probably need some kind of plug in, but usually when that happens they stick the plug in right in your face, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I saw part of the first one at work, but i'm on vacation now :dance: .

I am hooked on my mage! Omg I love it! Hubby and I made warlocks and mine has enchanting & inscription that I want to max out, but I think after we get them to 60 or 65 (they're at 56 now) i'm going to park her in Dalaran and just use her for the skills. I find the warlock too complicated. I don't even know how to get that bigger taller minion I see others with. Is that a higher lvl thing? A quest thing?

As for Frost Lotus...I seem to get a pretty good amount of them. What do you guys use them for? Mine are just sitting there (I know you probably don't want to hear that lol).

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

You mean the blue minion that warlocks have (void walker)? I have a level 34 warlock, she has all the minions at this point. I think for a couple I had to do a quest, for the others I believe they were just trained (just looked it up and the void walker is just trained for).

If you have a lot of frost lotus laying around, you might want to either sell them or check the price for the elixier below - you could make some good gold!

I use Frost Lotus for the flask of the frost wyrm elixir:

Flask of the Frost Wyrm

Requires Level 75

Use: Increases spell power by 125 for 1 hour. Counts as both a Battle and Guardian elixir.

5 x Ice Thorn

5 x Lichbloom

1 x Frost Lotus

1 x Enchanted Vial

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am hooked on my mage! Omg I love it! Hubby and I made warlocks and mine has enchanting & inscription that I want to max out, but I think after we get them to 60 or 65 (they're at 56 now) i'm going to park her in Dalaran and just use her for the skills. I find the warlock too complicated. I don't even know how to get that bigger taller minion I see others with. Is that a higher lvl thing? A quest thing?

I love my locks and have 2 80 ones (ok the 2nd one was my 2nd ever toon created at the time to level fast so I could DE outland #######, but now has sinced been maxed at JC and Inscription).

The minion you are probably refering to is the Felguard which you would only get if you specced it in the Demology tree. This is the 3rd largest minon you can get. It is the only one from the largest 3 that you do not have to do a quest for.

Or if you are in raids you might from time to time see the Doomguard being summoned which is a quest chain that is soloable easily at 80, but a lot more tricker to do at 70. The Doomguard is the largest of all the 7 summonable demons.

The last of the 3 big ones you probably will never see and that's the big Infernal, big green stone guy that stomps around shaking the ground. This is the 2nd largest demon you can summon.

So generally the one you are probably refering to and you will see a lot of locks having it in the cities and outside is the Felguard...

Edited by warlord

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline
I'm glad to hear you got your stuff back Trailmix! I told hubby about all the account stealing stories & he got kinda freaked out. I wish I hadn't said anything lol.

I can't view those videos for some reason (can't watch any youtube on this stinking computer). I probably need some kind of plug in, but usually when that happens they stick the plug in right in your face, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I saw part of the first one at work, but i'm on vacation now :dance: .

As for Frost Lotus...I seem to get a pretty good amount of them. What do you guys use them for? Mine are just sitting there (I know you probably don't want to hear that lol).

Warlock is very easy to play, especially at lvl 80. For lvling, I'd suggest going full affliction until lvl 50, then re-spec and go demonology. The big guy you speak of is the fel guard. You get that with a 41 point talent in Demonology. The best raiding warlock spec is 55/0/16, closely followed by 0/41/30. If you get a t7 set, you should go with the 0/41/30 spec, that is until you get a t7.5 or t8 set. In raids, i'ts really quite easy. You only have 3 DoT's to watch, and you spam incinerate. When a boss gets below 35%, you drop immolate and you do Curse of Agony > Corruption > 2xIncinerate > Soul Fire > 2X Incinerate >Soul Fire, rinse and repeat. Affliction is actually better DPS, but not by much, and it takes a lot more skill. You need a 98% uptime on your DoT's and you CANNOT clip them or you'll kill your DPS. Destruction is pretty good too, but it's only good when you've got really good gear.

Timeline

Warlock is very easy to play, especially at lvl 80. For lvling, I'd suggest going full affliction until lvl 50, then re-spec and go demonology. The big guy you speak of is the fel guard. You get that with a 41 point talent in Demonology. The best raiding warlock spec is 55/0/16, closely followed by 0/41/30. If you get a t7 set, you should go with the 0/41/30 spec, that is until you get a t7.5 or t8 set. In raids, i'ts really quite easy. You only have 3 DoT's to watch, and you spam incinerate. When a boss gets below 35%, you drop immolate and you do Curse of Agony > Corruption > 2xIncinerate > Soul Fire > 2X Incinerate >Soul Fire, rinse and repeat. Affliction is actually better DPS, but not by much, and it takes a lot more skill. You need a 98% uptime on your DoT's and you CANNOT clip them or you'll kill your DPS. Destruction is pretty good too, but it's only good when you've got really good gear.

Actually you drop the Corruption and never drop Immolate during the decimation phase. CoA you do not want to clip along with Corruption, but Immolate is less detrimental to clip then the others, so that one if you need to clip you can get away with it if you have to...

Edited by warlord

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Timeline

Actually you drop the Corruption and never drop Immolate during the decimation phase. CoA you do not want to clip along with Corruption, but Immolate is less detrimental to clip then the others, so that one if you need to clip you can get away with it if you have to...

I drop immolate because of the cast time, and only use CoA to proc molten core. I've tried it that way and it only works if you've geared for hate as opposed to crit. I have two sets of gear, one gives me 32% crit base and only 300 haste. With that gear on, I drop immolate. My other set gives me 710 haste (with a spellstone), but only 18% crit. With that gear, I leave immolate because it is a 1.1 second cast time and it crits a lot (usually for 4k). If you still have the glyph of corruption, then it's worth the global cooldown to keep that up. If not, I agree that you should drop it.

Timeline
I drop immolate because of the cast time, and only use CoA to proc molten core. I've tried it that way and it only works if you've geared for hate as opposed to crit. I have two sets of gear, one gives me 32% crit base and only 300 haste. With that gear on, I drop immolate. My other set gives me 710 haste (with a spellstone), but only 18% crit. With that gear, I leave immolate because it is a 1.1 second cast time and it crits a lot (usually for 4k). If you still have the glyph of corruption, then it's worth the global cooldown to keep that up. If not, I agree that you should drop it.

Never ever heard of that before. Incinerate works off of immolate and that's the bonus of the damage. Plus it doesn't take much to recast during the Decimation phase. But whatever works best for one won't work for another. The bonus of speccing and rotations as the ways to do it are endless (and can be frustrating). I only use Corruption if I'm running from something or bounced up in the air as I can send of an instant dot when I can cast Incinerate or immolate.

Out of the caster classes though, warlocks seem to have the most frustration with specs and rotations. My mage I don't think has been changed for ages and my shadow priest only had to change one thing in one of the earlier patches. Warlocks seem to be overhauled so much in every patch that I've spent countless hours on all the websites researching the specs and rotations and doing wow searches on top US and Eurpean servers to check them out only to still find everyone is different and even ones that are say 41/30 have talent points different then another. You can look up almost any frostfire mage and see the talent points are all the same for everyone, but not for locks...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Timeline

I'm in full farming mode atm. I really can't be bothered with raiding. My guild is sort of falling apart (the leader/ main tank is suddenly obsessed with LoTR Online), and for some reason, we can't even seem to down the Iron Council or Kologarn. Meh. Well, last night, I was lvling up my herbalism on my priest in the barrens and in randomly killing the giraffes. In two successive drops, I got a starfaller and the recipe for deviate delight. :dance:

I'm also trying to get a black tabby, but that rare spawn is on like a 5-7 hour cooldown and it's hard to time it. Thank god i've got the perfect macro for it. I stand in the middle of the 3 possible places he/she spawns and just try to target them. They sell for 1200-2000 on the alliance AH depending on the timing.

Herbalism is the newest cash cow on our realm. Skinning and mining aren't selling very well at all. Enchanting mats sell for a lot still.

For herbalism, there is a lot of competition for it. I know a few people who made druids just so they could herb with them. The epic flying form is the fastest way to get from node to node.

Herb and Mining are really good money on our server. Frost lotus goes for 50g a piece. A stack of Adamantite is about 40-50g. I made the 5k gold for my alt's epic flyer in about 2 weeks while leveling my mining.

Rob and Mel : It's funny because our guild is falling apart too. 10 people are fully geared from Naxx 25, but a lot of others still need to get stuff from there in order to be able to succeed in Ulduar. But all they want to do now is farm the 1st boss in Ulduar 10 or 25. I think they downed a few more bosses in the 10, but that was only the best geared people and it happened only once. Everytime you mention Naxx 25, no one wants to come, either to help or to get stuff. And some people might leave when FFXIV comes out and the GM said if the guild keep sucking like this in 2 months hes gone. I might change guild....after 3 years... /cry

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Trailmix : my understanding is you got hacked recently ? Glad they recovered your stuff. I was too 3 years ago, they deleted 2 of my toons and sold all my items and took all my gold. Everything was recovered except the gear of one toon I had on another server that was all epic on a lvl 60 because they said I never opened a ticket, which I opened twice....

Anyhow, I was running a few addons at the time and one of them (priest addon) is probably what triggered a keylogger in my computer. I have been playing addon free for the last 3 years , regardless of the guild's demand. And since then I have seen a handful of guildies getting hacked, and one last week. I don't trust any addons anymore.

And besides one guidy's account was just banned 2 days ago....possibly because he is running some sort of addon.

I stay away from them and it just makes playing a little more challenging at times, specially in raids.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline
Herbalism is the newest cash cow on our realm. Skinning and mining aren't selling very well at all. Enchanting mats sell for a lot still.

For herbalism, there is a lot of competition for it. I know a few people who made druids just so they could herb with them. The epic flying form is the fastest way to get from node to node.

Herb and Mining are really good money on our server. Frost lotus goes for 50g a piece. A stack of Adamantite is about 40-50g. I made the 5k gold for my alt's epic flyer in about 2 weeks while leveling my mining.

Rob and Mel : It's funny because our guild is falling apart too. 10 people are fully geared from Naxx 25, but a lot of others still need to get stuff from there in order to be able to succeed in Ulduar. But all they want to do now is farm the 1st boss in Ulduar 10 or 25. I think they downed a few more bosses in the 10, but that was only the best geared people and it happened only once. Everytime you mention Naxx 25, no one wants to come, either to help or to get stuff. And some people might leave when FFXIV comes out and the GM said if the guild keep sucking like this in 2 months hes gone. I might change guild....after 3 years... /cry

I really like my guild, so I stick around. It's really disheartening though seeing some of the stuff that's happening. About 6 months ago, we took on a bunch of members from a guild that had just crumbled. Their GM became an officer in our guild, and brought about 10 people with him. He was a pretty awful tank, and it was hard to understand. He was very well geared, and understood the fights. He would overthink and overanalyze the fight and end up wiping. Our GM is also our MT, but he's a druid and they nerfed druid tanks a while back, so he was going to switch to boomkin. So I guess he got all pissy when suddenly the GM's girlfriend lvled up a warrior and was getting geared up to tank. He left the guild saying he wanted to find a guild with later raid times. That was fine, but he's getting half of our guild to put their alts in his new guild. Our GM was really pissed and bitched him out at first, but seems quite apathetic atm. I hate seeing all this going on, so I just decline raid invites and i'm farming to make some money. It's really quite sad seeing the proto-drake and bronze drakes just sitting in my bank :cry:

Trailmix : my understanding is you got hacked recently ? Glad they recovered your stuff. I was too 3 years ago, they deleted 2 of my toons and sold all my items and took all my gold. Everything was recovered except the gear of one toon I had on another server that was all epic on a lvl 60 because they said I never opened a ticket, which I opened twice....

Anyhow, I was running a few addons at the time and one of them (priest addon) is probably what triggered a keylogger in my computer. I have been playing addon free for the last 3 years , regardless of the guild's demand. And since then I have seen a handful of guildies getting hacked, and one last week. I don't trust any addons anymore.

And besides one guidy's account was just banned 2 days ago....possibly because he is running some sort of addon.

I stay away from them and it just makes playing a little more challenging at times, specially in raids.

I really couldn't play without add ons. I don't really bother even reading quest text. I just look where quest helper tells me to go and kill. :rofl:

I've been in numerous raids and even 5 man runs where people get kicked for not having omen or even deadly boss mod. :X

You are far more likely nowadays to get hacked because someone getting your info through ventrilo nowadays than through an add on. But i'm paranoid and I scan every single add on with my ultra paranoid AV (kaspersky)

Timeline
You are far more likely nowadays to get hacked because someone getting your info through ventrilo nowadays than through an add on. But i'm paranoid and I scan every single add on with my ultra paranoid AV (kaspersky)

Yeah it's hard to say. I mean we have ventrilo, but of the 3 people in our guild that got hacked (within a week) only 2 have ever been on ventrilo. I have a few add ons - not many at all and nothing weird - stuff pretty much everyone else already has - and I really like them.

Timeline

Guild Issues: Yeah we're in the same boat now. Summer time kills us every year and now people are getting dispondent as we can't get 25 mans really working like we used to. We were raiding a lot, but now we're down to doing 25 Ulduar 2-3 times a week compared to 4-5. Meaning each week we get everything to Auryia down and then a few attempts at Hodir or Freya and that's it and never enough to continue the rest of the time till the following Tues when people log back on.

So we have some people leaving to find better servers (seems a lot of the top guilds are going through this) or people are getting bored and just not logging on anymore or at least not during raid times. So apathy has hit us now too...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.