ZansGirl

WoW'ers stand up and be counted!!!

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel so left out - I'm an ex-WoW'er.

My toons were:

Eyoa - Undead level 70 sword rogue.

Tamik - Undead level 60-70 shadow priest. (I actually can't remember what level I got her to...it's been a while).

I played on Aggramar, which at one point was a huge server with tons of noobs because it used to be the first in the list alphabetically.

I stopped playing well before the newest expansion, so that's why I'm capped out at level 70. My fiance and I used to run the MC/BWL/20-man raids back in the day. Once we started fighting IRL over game things, we decided that it was probably best to quit. :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My toons were:

Tamik - Undead level 60-70 shadow priest. (I actually can't remember what level I got her to...it's been a while).

I played on Aggramar, which at one point was a huge server with tons of noobs because it used to be the first in the list alphabetically.

I stopped playing well before the newest expansion, so that's why I'm capped out at level 70. My fiance and I used to run the MC/BWL/20-man raids back in the day. Once we started fighting IRL over game things, we decided that it was probably best to quit. :whistle:

:lol:

We don't really have disagreements over the game in general - however we can be quite vocal when running an instance sometimes :hehe:

We have 3 couples in our guild.

I know one couple only had 1 computer at home - and I know there was some falling out there and the next thing you know a couple of days ago they both appear at the same time - they got a new laptop. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not good at sharing, so having only 1 computer would NOT work out. We also have 2 laptops upstairs so we don't run into issues.

Don and I seldom disagree over WoW, but I do get pi$$y about the whole 'can you throw a rejuv my way so I can get my mana back'?

How's about you sit down and drink like the rest of us :) Our group of friends started this thing where the fight ends, everyone needs mana, so they have the healer cast a few HOT's on them so they can get their mana back for the next fight - great, but gee boys...then your healer has just used mana to heal you and now you're starting a fight with me at less then 100% mana - but I digress

I admit that we had a slight tiff the other night as Don was attempting the Jenkins achievement (alone) - keep in mind this is a demonology warlock -runs through the eggs as his demon form, which wears off just about the time the darn dragonkins jump on him...I was watching and getting more stressed by the second as I see his health inch down...and down...and down...health potion honey...I know...health potion honey.....I KNOW...uhm hello healthstone ?, your at 500,,,,oh nvrmind, you died

My toons were:

We don't really have disagreements over the game in general - however we can be quite vocal when running an instance sometimes :hehe:

We have 3 couples in our guild.

I know one couple only had 1 computer at home - and I know there was some falling out there and the next thing you know a couple of days ago they both appear at the same time - they got a new laptop. :lol:

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline
I am not good at sharing, so having only 1 computer would NOT work out. We also have 2 laptops upstairs so we don't run into issues.

Don and I seldom disagree over WoW, but I do get pi$$y about the whole 'can you throw a rejuv my way so I can get my mana back'?

How's about you sit down and drink like the rest of us :) Our group of friends started this thing where the fight ends, everyone needs mana, so they have the healer cast a few HOT's on them so they can get their mana back for the next fight - great, but gee boys...then your healer has just used mana to heal you and now you're starting a fight with me at less then 100% mana - but I digress

I admit that we had a slight tiff the other night as Don was attempting the Jenkins achievement (alone) - keep in mind this is a demonology warlock -runs through the eggs as his demon form, which wears off just about the time the darn dragonkins jump on him...I was watching and getting more stressed by the second as I see his health inch down...and down...and down...health potion honey...I know...health potion honey.....I KNOW...uhm hello healthstone ?, your at 500,,,,oh nvrmind, you died

Yeah - the whole mana healer thing - I hear you. I respecced to holy last night - will just do it for a week or so my Husband can play his tank or mage - so we do a couple of instances - in the first one I notice our tank isn't having a drink between fights when needed - to top up that health and I always wonder what they are thinking - because, as you mentioned - i'll heal you then you can sit here while I have a drink :hehe:

We have this really erratic tank in our guild (mr no drink) - I guess the funny thing is - he does drink - so you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes he is pretty good - sometimes - like last night - he is awful. Then he whines that no one asks him to tank - and I mean that literally.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I can see the mana thing being being irritating. I play a holy pally though so I don't experience it.

The locks that life tap like crazy between fights then stand there and wait for a heal drive me nuts. I also get irritated by the people that want to wait for me to run back and rez them them after a wipe. If everyone dies, everyone runs. I've gotten so annoyed that I've flat out refused to rez one of the "too good to run" types.

~ Catherine

Timeline
I can see the mana thing being being irritating. I play a holy pally though so I don't experience it.

The locks that life tap like crazy between fights then stand there and wait for a heal drive me nuts. I also get irritated by the people that want to wait for me to run back and rez them them after a wipe. If everyone dies, everyone runs. I've gotten so annoyed that I've flat out refused to rez one of the "too good to run" types.

~ Catherine

I'm the complete opposite - I always tell people - as long as you are in a group with me don't bother running back - i'm happy to rez you - I have played with people that feel the same way you do though Catherine - I guess I just see it differently.

I think it's kind of annoying to have to run back - so if I can make it a little better for them - all the better :)

Then again - I don't play with anyone who thinks they are too good to run...I play with nice people.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

~ Catherine

I never have time to just stand there and wait for a heal after life tapping, I'm too busy dotting like crazy and running out of danger at the same time. Though a lot of time I'm using my siphon life and my haunt which return health to me so I'll life tap to a good level where my health seems low, but will be maxed when my haunt hits. Problem is our healers are heal happy and heal me to max and thus wasting my free health kick.

I'd rather not complain, it's better to get over healed like this then not having it done at all...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

~ Catherine

I never have time to just stand there and wait for a heal after life tapping, I'm too busy dotting like crazy and running out of danger at the same time. Though a lot of time I'm using my siphon life and my haunt which return health to me so I'll life tap to a good level where my health seems low, but will be maxed when my haunt hits. Problem is our healers are heal happy and heal me to max and thus wasting my free health kick.

I'd rather not complain, it's better to get over healed like this then not having it done at all...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're one of THOSE... :) Complaining that we heal you too much? Oh I see how it goes....

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

~ Catherine

My personal peeve is the hunter that screams...heal my pet, heal my pet......Hey bud guess what, I heal the tanks and other party members....he's YOUR responsibility mainly - maybe if I had a shred of mana left I might heal your pet, but not ahead of anything else :)

Oh the life of a healer...............tis rough

I bow to holy pallies - I wish I had those heals and mana regen

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

~ Catherine

My personal peeve is the hunter that screams...heal my pet, heal my pet......Hey bud guess what, I heal the tanks and other party members....he's YOUR responsibility mainly - maybe if I had a shred of mana left I might heal your pet, but not ahead of anything else :)

Oh the life of a healer...............tis rough

I bow to holy pallies - I wish I had those heals and mana regen

booo - priests ftw! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

It's been the norm on Cenarion Circle for everyone to run when there's no wipe protection. The people that just wait stand out and often considered rude.The exception is when someone says they has to go afk for a minute.

I actally heal pets when tank and dps healing is well under controll. For BM hunters especially, since the pet makes up a significant portion of their dps. In most cases, the hunter isn't expecting me to and so thanks me.

The social norms can differ a lot from server to server. On CC, very few groups use the greed/need system. The custom is to pass and roll. That caused a few misunderstandings when we first transfered from Mannoroth where need/greed is used exclusively.

I always take my hat off to good priests and druids. They have so many tools to choose from in any given situation that I think it takes a lot of quick thinking to be good. Hmmm....I've realy got to get back to levelling my priest and druid.

~ Catherine

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
Big patch today - woot!

i guess it's going live this week - woo! tho boo because we didn't get the achievments for the mount I wanted =/

missing 6 min mally and the ne death one in Naxx

ohh - I play a lvl 80 mage (undead) named Akina on Sisters of Elune in a guild called Dark Favor :)

- hubby is a lvl 80 Shammy named Crass :)

Date of I-751 = 03/05/2011

NOA Date = 3/08/2011

Biometrics = 04/11/2011

Approved = 09/08/2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby, me and the kids are all on Feathermoon:

Hubby, 80 rogue

daughter, 70something hunter (i forget cuz she plays infrequently since her accident :(

son, 76 DK (what other character is there for a 14 year old boy? lolol)

me, 80 prot pally

We just started playing a couple months ago and reached 80 pretty quickly via RAF triple xp bonus so there's probably alot of content that we've

skipped over along the way. I honestly don't know what our rush was and I'd like, to lvl up either a priest or mage and take my time enjoying the

sites along the way. Hubby doesn't see the point though so I probably won't for a while.

I've been learning so much about tanking and feel that I do a fairly good job keeping aggro off everyone and am always open to people's suggestions. I'm just curious what do more experienced players expect out of the tank?? I feel like everyone expects me to keep aggro on EVERYTHING, keep the dps safe, keep the healer safe (i know this is important lol), know what to pull all the time, work around pets & minions that run ahead of me and aggro something too far away (wth am I supposed to do about that??...I ask for a couple seconds to build hate and nobody listens), rez ppl since I'm a pally, I've healed others during battle when the healer is overwhelmed, I taunt anything that heads toward anyone else...what am I not doing? My def is at 540 (so supposedly i'm uncrittable for most bosses) and I use potions to increase it even more during instances. I'm working on my dailies to get better gear. I have read several pally tank guides, have glyphed and specced myself out according to the expert's suggestions, have gemmed the best I can so far, I know my spells & what generates threat and use I them. Yet every instance I do, someone has to give me unsolicited advice or tell me how to tank with my pally. I know I'm a noob, but I'm an educated noob lolol!! I don't know the instances, but I DO know my character. I'm soliciting your adivce...is this normal? Do tanks generally get the most criticism? It's getting to the point that I'm scared to do instances with anyone anymore. Our guild is awesome, but small and the main people aren't on much right now due to life issues. I have no choice but to pug with smartasses!

I'm so freaking addicted to this game right now it isn't even funny.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

Oh that's interesting!

I have never played a tank, however my Husband has one and he pretty much teaches everyone else in the guild, so i've heard a LOT of tank stuff lol

Few things you mentioned:

Generally yes, we are expecting the tank to aggro everything that could possibly hit us - however if that isn't going to be the case I expect the tank will work out crowd control so that they can reasonably keep aggro.

For tanks that need a bit of time getting aggro - the thing we always suggest is the 5 second count - people generally do not understand that it takes a few mins for the tank to get control of the crowd - so we tell them to count to 5.

If you are in a pug you are going to get unsolicited advice from someone in the group - generally - you should put them on ignore lol

He will always tell someone to put their pets on passive.

If someone is pulling aggro constantly - just let them die a couple of times :lol:

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.