1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Usually the rule is:

Main spec need = need roll

off Spec need = greed roll

no one needs = pass to DEer

No DEer = whole group greed

and I play a hunter, and I would have kicked that huntards ####. He's the one that gives the rest of the GOOD, KNOWLEDGEABLE hunters a bad freakin name.

L2Playurclass

ugh

That's a great macro to make :thumbs:

LOL I think I will do that today..especially on my alt server :S I started a mage on my father's normal server so we could play together, but aside from him and a few people, the server should be called "noobsRUs"...No one knows a damn thing and I get soooo cranky. I quest alone most of the time...and it's not people just starting out that I get mad at...I will help out people that have legit questions...but people that THINK they know everything, and suck at what they're doing.

For example, the fire mage in my UBRS group yesterday that was pulling the groups of mobs before the tank was even there (and I was out DPSing him as frost :S)

Ummm...Mage tank=fail *sigh*

again...L2PlayUrClass :P

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My favorite was a question in trade chat asked about 6 weeks ago. It was a hunter who asked "Do Hunters need Spellpower gear?". I jokingly responded "Yes", and he whispered me "How much is enough? I want to keep my melee damage high too". /facepalm

Timeline
My favorite was a question in trade chat asked about 6 weeks ago. It was a hunter who asked "Do Hunters need Spellpower gear?". I jokingly responded "Yes", and he whispered me "How much is enough? I want to keep my melee damage high too". /facepalm

:wow::huh:

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

We have a new shadow priest in our guild, he is the brother of one of our other members. I had a look at his gear, one of his trinkets has attack power on it. During the run we were on some sp trinket dropped and everyone is greeding and I quickly jump in and say - ohhhh soandso - maybe that would be an upgrade for youuuuu.

Timeline

Ok all you smartypants, how long have you been playing WoW? I've only been at it for 4.5 months and in that time have accomplished quite a bit...lvl 80, maxed out my professions (still working on fishing/cooking tho), have been told I am an awesome tank (by ppl i don't even know), am dual spec'd and geared to tank and dps and have done so successfully in Naxx, also have a lvl 53 warlock that is maxed on enchanting & inscription until I get her to lvl 60...anyway my point is...

I owe all this to people like you!! The experts of the game who have been playing for years...learned WoW in increments and know every nook & cranny along the way, have completed all the dungeons, know how all the boss fights work, know how to gear for every class and spec. I want you to realize how valuable your knowledge and advice are to noobs like me! I am so appreciative and thankful when I run an instance for the first time and people are patient with my mistakes, explain things, and take the time to give a brief rundown of tactics to take down a boss. I know there are morons out there that think they know it all already and ignore you when you try to help, but please don't stop helping for the sake of other noobs like me...we loves you guys!! *sniff*

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok all you smartypants, how long have you been playing WoW? I've only been at it for 4.5 months and in that time have accomplished quite a bit...lvl 80, maxed out my professions (still working on fishing/cooking tho), have been told I am an awesome tank (by ppl i don't even know), am dual spec'd and geared to tank and dps and have done so successfully in Naxx, also have a lvl 53 warlock that is maxed on enchanting & inscription until I get her to lvl 60...anyway my point is...

I owe all this to people like you!! The experts of the game who have been playing for years...learned WoW in increments and know every nook & cranny along the way, have completed all the dungeons, know how all the boss fights work, know how to gear for every class and spec. I want you to realize how valuable your knowledge and advice are to noobs like me! I am so appreciative and thankful when I run an instance for the first time and people are patient with my mistakes, explain things, and take the time to give a brief rundown of tactics to take down a boss. I know there are morons out there that think they know it all already and ignore you when you try to help, but please don't stop helping for the sake of other noobs like me...we loves you guys!! *sniff*

Well, you are the kind of new player that any guild wants. Energetic, inquisitive, and most of all, willing to learn. I've played with people who have been playing for years and years who don't know how to do anything but their main spec on their main toon. They won't ask questions, and won't bother to read up on a class. FFS, I just did a run through ZF with a warlock who had a ton of AGI gear on. He was from one of the top guilds on our realm too. When I asked him why..... "Because it increases crit". Thats melee crit you fuqtard. There is a difference between asking if blood frenzy stacks with other procs, or asking "Why does your weapon glow?". I was asked by a lvl 72 that one time. Come on. Wow is the biggest game in the world, so you're going to have the most retards, but you'll also have a great group of people willing to help.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of dumbass things. When I first leveled I had on my lock the icy enchant on my Staff of Jordan for a long time just because it looked cool and I knew nothing of enchants. Hell I didn't even know what a hearth stone was until I was level 35 when my friend found out I had no clue and was like you idiot.

In BC when I was 70 did one of my early 5 mans as I never grouped up before BC. Got my cool new staff Icy properly enchanted and was like see I know what I am doing. Did more groups for awhile and had that wonderful staff until one day one of my guildies said. Why the hell do you have a freaking healing staff for?

Guess I was a head of the time and didn't pay attention to it when I won it. Yep walking around with +x to healing rather then spellpower...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

I have been playing a little over a year now - but it's not me that knows everything, it's my Husband. Everyone asks him questions - and he knows the answerssss lol

He seems to have a natural intuition for the game for some reason - like if we all go in to a brand new instance where we have never been before, he can figure out where we should go.

I like helping people, in our guild we all help each other, we are a guild of pretty normal people - no big fights, no big dramas, we are nice to each other and respectful of peoples time and space.

For myself, I learned more about what a shadow priest needs when I had been level 80 for a while and really had nothing better to do than start reading - how to increase my dps etc :)

Timeline

Warlord that's awesome lolol. I know you guys are the good ones. Just wanted you to know that there are some ppl in the game that really appreciate and NEED ppl like you helping us out. Trailmix, my hubby is the same. He excels at all games he plays, it's ridiculous.

One of my funniest moments (wasn't at the time tho) was in Occulus. I was having a hell of a time, over tired, confused, never had been in there before and that is a very weird instance! Well, I died pretty far into the place and couldn't find my way back. I was messaging everyone about how lost I was, and was frustrated to tears. Finally one of them came running all the way back for me, so I start following him back and see the rest of them up ahead just as I run right freakin off the edge and DIE AGAIN!! Probably had to be there, but the way my horse kept running in mid air as I plummeted to my death was absolutely hilarious. And right in front of all my guildies. I could literally hear their eyes rolling. :rolleyes:

I want to hear more noob stories!! Keep em coming!!

3/9/11 date of NOA

Timeline
Warlord that's awesome lolol. I know you guys are the good ones. Just wanted you to know that there are some ppl in the game that really appreciate and NEED ppl like you helping us out. Trailmix, my hubby is the same. He excels at all games he plays, it's ridiculous.

One of my funniest moments (wasn't at the time tho) was in Occulus. I was having a hell of a time, over tired, confused, never had been in there before and that is a very weird instance! Well, I died pretty far into the place and couldn't find my way back. I was messaging everyone about how lost I was, and was frustrated to tears. Finally one of them came running all the way back for me, so I start following him back and see the rest of them up ahead just as I run right freakin off the edge and DIE AGAIN!! Probably had to be there, but the way my horse kept running in mid air as I plummeted to my death was absolutely hilarious. And right in front of all my guildies. I could literally hear their eyes rolling. :rolleyes:

I want to hear more noob stories!! Keep em coming!!

I was in oculus tonight and I couldn't find my way out - dumb pug group and I had to go help summon - the other guy couldn't find his way out either. We didn't finish, couldn't get the last boss.

Then I get asked to heal a 25 OS run, ok, so I go in there, they wipe and half the group bails.

But as for noob stuff, I do that every other day, whether it's falling through a cut out in a floor, riding off a cliff or going the wrong way.

Timeline

Couple things...

• Has anyone heard of "QuestUp"? I am wondering if it's "legal" to use in the game. I really want to level up my shaman quickly and it sounds like a really nice addon for doing so.
  • A guildie (an adult that I trust wouldn't make this up) received an ingame mail message from an alleged GM asking him to beta test a new mount. He said the way he understood the message, it's a mount for hunters (which he is) and you can attack while riding it. Have any of you or anyone you know received a message like this before? It didn't ask for any personal info, otherwise I'd think scam immediately. But he also didn't receive the mount. We're not sure what to make of it.
  • Anybody know of an awesome ret pally whom I could check their spec on? I dual spec'd to retribution, am gearing up, but not sure how to spec. There are so many varying opinions out there so I want to see the spec of a ret pally someone KNOWS does awesome dps. I'm not interested in a PVP spec either, just PVE.
:star:

3/9/11 date of NOA

Timeline

The beta testing a new mount - I would say definately a fake - they have a test realm - so seems incredibly unlikely it is legit.

When I am trying out a new spec I look at people in a good guild - as in an over achievers guild lol - you could just go to wow armory and check out pallys in the guild Vodka.

I don't know anything about quest up.

Oh and my Husband suggested, for the pally build, that you could also go to wow-heroes.com and look at your realm and filter by ret pally and check out who is the best geared ret pally on your server and work from there

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Couple things...

• Has anyone heard of "QuestUp"? I am wondering if it's "legal" to use in the game. I really want to level up my shaman quickly and it sounds like a really nice addon for doing so.
  • A guildie (an adult that I trust wouldn't make this up) received an ingame mail message from an alleged GM asking him to beta test a new mount. He said the way he understood the message, it's a mount for hunters (which he is) and you can attack while riding it. Have any of you or anyone you know received a message like this before? It didn't ask for any personal info, otherwise I'd think scam immediately. But he also didn't receive the mount. We're not sure what to make of it.
  • Anybody know of an awesome ret pally whom I could check their spec on? I dual spec'd to retribution, am gearing up, but not sure how to spec. There are so many varying opinions out there so I want to see the spec of a ret pally someone KNOWS does awesome dps. I'm not interested in a PVP spec either, just PVE.
:star:

GM's don't ask anyone to beta test anything in game.

Here are the best of the best pally's I know - none ret though

Prot = Detank - tank extraordinaire

Holy = Artor - healer extraordinaire

I have been playing since Dec 24, 2004 - installed it late Christmas Eve ! Love this game

I have been playing a little over a year now - but it's not me that knows everything, it's my Husband. Everyone asks him questions - and he knows the answerssss lol

He seems to have a natural intuition for the game for some reason - like if we all go in to a brand new instance where we have never been before, he can figure out where we should go.

I like helping people, in our guild we all help each other, we are a guild of pretty normal people - no big fights, no big dramas, we are nice to each other and respectful of peoples time and space.

For myself, I learned more about what a shadow priest needs when I had been level 80 for a while and really had nothing better to do than start reading - how to increase my dps etc :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

How will I know if said overachiever spec'd for PVP or PVE (remember how noob I am?). I would post on the wow forums and ask for advice, but the responses I see some ppl get...i just don't like the arrogance and it's not helpful. The one person I know that would have a clue about ret pallies doesn't have an active account at the moment (friend of my son's). I will check out Vodka like you suggested and see if I can figure it out. Also gonna see if I can get to the other site you suggested from work here hehe.

Kinda what I was thinking on the beta testing mount thing. It's just so strange what some ppl will do to entertain themselves (send random fake email to someone whom you'll never see the response...completely pointless).

3/9/11 date of NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
How will I know if said overachiever spec'd for PVP or PVE (remember how noob I am?). I would post on the wow forums and ask for advice, but the responses I see some ppl get...i just don't like the arrogance and it's not helpful. The one person I know that would have a clue about ret pallies doesn't have an active account at the moment (friend of my son's). I will check out Vodka like you suggested and see if I can figure it out. Also gonna see if I can get to the other site you suggested from work here hehe.

Kinda what I was thinking on the beta testing mount thing. It's just so strange what some ppl will do to entertain themselves (send random fake email to someone whom you'll never see the response...completely pointless).

Well - Ret is a common PvP spec - it's all about the DPS baby, you'll find healers in PvP obviously as well, seldom if ever do you need a tank spec in PvP....and I assume you're think PvP as in Arena?

Might be able to indentify them by the server it self - but that doesn't mean much

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.