John & Ana

I-134 bank question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I recently received my NOA2 but haven't gotten anything from NVC yet. I've been researching the paperwork that I will need to send my Fiancee because it takes FOREVER to send mail to Brazil.

My question is, on the I-134, it requires a bank statement of all your deposits for the year. My bank (Wells Fargo) was unable/unwilling to provide this, and said that I would have to just print all my statements. Is this okay?

My second question is, I travel a lot for my work, my salary will be far less than is deposited in my bank, because my work reimburses me for travel expenses. Will this throw up a huge red flag if I have way more deposits than claimed income?

Edited by John & Ana

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

if your current income is over th 125% poverty line, the you don't need to show how much you deposit into your bank account...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

thats what i thought too, but then i read other posts that say to email the embassy office because some require the bank letter even if you show all the other income stuff too......some embassy read the I-134 instructions strictly, and others just use the 864 standard - just income/or bank/assets, but no need for both

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/19/10 - EAD Card Received

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

10/30/09 - Civil Marriage

10/24/09 - Entry/I-94 start

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

I recently received my NOA2 but haven't gotten anything from NVC yet. I've been researching the paperwork that I will need to send my Fiancee because it takes FOREVER to send mail to Brazil.

My question is, on the I-134, it requires a bank statement of all your deposits for the year. My bank (Wells Fargo) was unable/unwilling to provide this, and said that I would have to just print all my statements. Is this okay?

My second question is, I travel a lot for my work, my salary will be far less than is deposited in my bank, because my work reimburses me for travel expenses. Will this throw up a huge red flag if I have way more deposits than claimed income?

It doesn't need to show all the deposits for the past year, it needs to show the total amount deposited, the date the account was opened, and the present balance.

They ask for a "statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits" showing the above, so I'm not sure your statements would be enough. Maybe someone else can advise.

Regardless, with helpful customer service like that, I'd be looking for a new bank.

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It doesn't need to show all the deposits for the past year, it needs to show the total amount deposited, the date the account was opened, and the present balance.

They ask for a "statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits" showing the above, so I'm not sure your statements would be enough. Maybe someone else can advise.

Regardless, with helpful customer service like that, I'd be looking for a new bank.

The bank gave me a statement saying when my account was opened and my current balance, on bank letterhead. This statement says to refer to my statements for deposit info.

I meet the 125% easily. My concern is that my amount of deposits far exceeds my claimed income, due to reimbursed business expenses. Maybe I'm worrying too much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where on the I-134 does it say anything about bankstatements? The only thing it asks me is how much i have in the bank. Am i missing something?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The bank gave me a statement saying when my account was opened and my current balance, on bank letterhead. This statement says to refer to my statements for deposit info.

I meet the 125% easily. My concern is that my amount of deposits far exceeds my claimed income, due to reimbursed business expenses. Maybe I'm worrying too much.

I think you are worrying too much

It's not a requirement for the 134. If the consulate requires it, that is a different thing. You can email them to find out, that may ease your mind :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

How much are you supposed to have in your bank account? I make well over double the poverty line, but I don't have a big account because I also pay child support to my ex wife. Is that going to screw me over?

It's your income that matters, not your bank balance.

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
thats what i thought too, but then i read other posts that say to email the embassy office because some require the bank letter even if you show all the other income stuff too......some embassy read the I-134 instructions strictly, and others just use the 864 standard - just income/or bank/assets, but no need for both

I-134 discussion is best in consulate forum... moving

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sure. But then change banks

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think the consular officer is going to sit there and reconcile your income and your deposits. But if you're worried, why not write a cover letter explaining that deposits include salary and business expenses?

We haven't done the interview yet (so maybe I'm full of it!), but I think the best policy is to set forth everything so straight-forwardly that the consular officer doesn't have to think too much. So write a letter. Something like:

Please find attached the following:

1. Signed I-134

2. Letter from so and so bank dated ___, regarding my account, the date it was opened and the present balance.

3. Bank statements from so and so bank showing deposits for the period ___ to ____. Please note that deposits exceed salary because of reimbursed travel expenses.

4. Tax Return(s) for the year ___.

5. yada yada

What do you think of that? I would think the officer would like to know on one page that you've provided everything you're supposed to, and probably will be impressed you're organized.

And good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.