SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

That definitely feels. if not daunting then at least a hurdle to overcome, virtually not knowing anyone. I don't know yet of course since I'm still in Sweden, but I feel like I'm probably going to follow my wife around like a little puppy for a long time before I feel more at home in my hew home town (which will be Pittsburgh, PA). I have met my wife's family of course (parents, her kids, one of her two brothers), and her best friend I've met two or three times. I have another friend in Pittsburgh who I have met twice. Beyond that, I really don't know a single living soul in Da Burgh. :huh:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Filed: Timeline

I grew up at Nordstrand, though I've lived in a few places across Oslo. :PMaking friends isn't so hard, if you're even a little bit extroverted and/or can get past the initial Norwegian tradition of not speaking to strangers. XD I've found that Americans as a whole are very willing to strike up a conversation with strangers and are very friendly (which is also why a lot of them find Norwegians rude - because we generally don't).

After living in the US for many years, this is the exact same conclusion I've come to.

In Oslo, if you try to talk to someone on the bus or the supermarket, they'll think you belong in a mental institution. In the US, I seem to always end up chatting with the people behind the counter at the post office.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

That definitely feels. if not daunting then at least a hurdle to overcome, virtually not knowing anyone. I don't know yet of course since I'm still in Sweden, but I feel like I'm probably going to follow my wife around like a little puppy for a long time before I feel more at home in my hew home town (which will be Pittsburgh, PA). I have met my wife's family of course (parents, her kids, one of her two brothers), and her best friend I've met two or three times. I have another friend in Pittsburgh who I have met twice. Beyond that, I really don't know a single living soul in Da Burgh. :huh:

I've taken to the internet. :P I found some interesting things in/around Pittsburgh on meetup.org, for instance, and when you do get there there's at least one other Scandinavian here! ^_^/

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Timeline

I've taken to the internet. :P I found some interesting things in/around Pittsburgh on meetup.org, for instance, and when you do get there there's at least one other Scandinavian here! ^_^/

Absolutely! Sounds really cool. I'd love to get together some time. And I think my wife would like that too. :thumbs:

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Thanx guys, i appreciate for the advice :)

have you had your interview date in stockholm yet?

Norway-180-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Timeline

No not yet. I'm going to mail my IV package to the NVC this coming weekend.

- - - - -

Timeline

No not yet. I'm going to mail my IV package to the NVC this coming weekend.

Ok, i have my interview in Stockholm this MONDAY... i am freaking out haha, so nervous. Do you know if the bloodsamples results are sent directly to the embassy? good look on sending it :)

Timeline

Ok, i have my interview in Stockholm this MONDAY... i am freaking out haha, so nervous. Do you know if the bloodsamples results are sent directly to the embassy? good look on sending it :)

Good luck on your interview!! Please let us know how it goes and every other little detail!!

Could you also write a little about your medical? Did you do it in Oslo? How was it, what did they do/look for? How much did you pay? This is quite a concern for me as I have a pre excisting condition and I'm on daily medication....

I have to practice my small talk skills.... I love the open minded, friendly Americans!

In Oslo, if you try to talk to someone on the bus or the supermarket, they'll think you belong in a mental institution.

Ha ha ha! This is so true :lol:

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Timeline

It took four months from your NOA2 to interview?? Oh my I was hoping for no more than 2 months.... Any reason why it took so long?

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Timeline

Lycka till! Hope your interview will go smoothly.

I don't know for sure, since i haven't gotten that far yet, but I think the doctor sends the results to the embassy.

Please write a review after your interview. That's always helpful for the rest of us. :thumbs:

Good luck on your interview!! Please let us know how it goes and every other little detail!!

Could you also write a little about your medical? Did you do it in Oslo? How was it, what did they do/look for? How much did you pay? This is quite a concern for me as I have a pre excisting condition and I'm on daily medication....

These are things I have also wondered about a great deal. Helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

- - - - -

Timeline

I have to practice my small talk skills.... I love the open minded, friendly Americans!

Ha ha ha! This is so true :lol:

"

My medical in oslo (ullevåll STADION, IKKE SYKEHUS) i went to the hospital first and they were like...."oh you need to go to the stadium" so i had to take bus from the hospital to the stadium, ###### annoying. After a while i manage to find the place, so i waited for 1 hr, then a nurse came to greet me, so i followed her to the room and we talked for a bit. She got a bit irritated at me for not bringing PASSPORT PICTURES!!! SO BRING PASSPORT PICS. I showed her my vaccination card/sheet, she aske questions like "how do you feel?" wich arm do you want the needle in?? etc really nice nurse :) after the vaccine (i only needed one) i needed to pee in a cup, so i had too wait almoast 1 hr and 3o min before i could pee haha, and then you go up the elevator and see the doctor, where he just checked mt reflexes and generelly medical stuff like lungs, eyes etc. and then you pay 2980 NOK, i asked for a bankgiro, so i paid by that, since i didnt bring the PASSPORT PICS they couldnt do jack #### until i sent them the PICS and paid...so my advice....pay as soon as you can, and bring PASSPORT PICS :P

When it come do medicine etc they will ask you: What kind of med. do you use? what kind of condition are you? they are really helpfull, some medicine might react to the vaccination but not in a dangerous way, maybe you will feel dizzy, she said that some have passed out because they didnt give her enough info about their condition... If you are clear what you use etc you will be fine :)you can drink some beer when you are done but dont get wasted...

SO KEYWORDS SO FAR :passport pics, dont urinate until they ask you too, pay there if you have the opportunity. Be honest on you health condition and you will be fine :

after you are done, go and have a beer in the sun and relax :) good luck

Edited by Bornie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Good luck Bornie! We just sent back our checklist today so hopefully we'll know our interview date soon too :)

heart-1.jpg

1/04/12 - I-129F Petition Submitted to Dallas Lockbox

1/09/12 - Received at Vermont Service Center

1/10/12 - NOA1

1/13/12 - Touched

5/14/12 - NOA2

5/31/12 - NVC Received

6/04/12 - Sent to Embassy

6/05/12 - Medical completed

6/11/12 - Packet 3 Received

6/15/12 - Packet 3 Sent

7/02/12 - Interview-Approved!

10/13/12 - Wedding!

Timeline

I mailed out the IV package today. Wow! Man! One step closer.

Gosh, even typing that out makes me teary-eyed. Friday June 17 was the day last year when Melissa came here to Västerås. We got married on June 30th. She flew back home on July 2nd. It's funny how time can pass, at times slow, but then all of a sudden something happens and you realize months and months have gone by. Weird. :wacko:

- - - - -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.