9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They know already if you are going into AP, before you have your interview. Of course it is different from embassy to embassy. There could be something in the answers that might cause doubt that put someone in AP, but for the most part they know you are going in AP before your interview.

I have heard people say that they passed their interview, but now they have to go into AP.

Hi all,

I have learnt, how devastating an AP can be??!! I was wondering, if any of u got 221g while the petitioner attended the interview with u(beneficiary)?

Thanx for info..

Sonia

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

My SO passed the interview but 221G given because of her NBI clearance, they need a letter of explanation which is taking forever to get :(

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Hi all,

I have learnt, how devastating an AP can be??!! I was wondering, if any of u got 221g while the petitioner attended the interview with u(beneficiary)?

Thanx for info..

Sonia

We went to the interview together and still went into AP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

Hi all,

Thanx for info..

Sonia

I am also worried about AP for my wife. But after doing some research, found that majority of AP's happen to male applicants, primarily from middle eastern or countries with large muslim populations. US embassies in India uses AP alot, but again mainly for males. It's become so prevalanet in those places that most male applicants in those countries treat AP as a last step to their visa, keeping expectations low when going into interview, knowing they will not get visa after interview, and getting ready for AP process.

Some embassies uses a random draw. But I don't think Dhaka embassy does it randomly. They either pre-select before interviews or decide during interviews. Again, the ones pre-selected are mainly male applicants, who may have a islamic name or background that the consulate feels requires additional checks. So for a female applicant in Dhaka, the most likely way to be placed on AP is to completey f*** up the interview, like forgetting your husband's name or something like that. For the CR1/IR1, since the NVC took over processing & reviewing original documents, the embassies has become a little more lax on non-male applicants, since the DOS completed all the background and original documentation checks prior to the interview. So in many cases, if the consulate knows they will give you a visa, they will keep questions to a minimum and won't give you a chance to screw up. But be prepared anyway. Good luck!

FYI, for direct consular filing of I-130, I heard it may be better for petitioning spouses not to go to interviews. But if a petitioner filed a I-130 in the US for a spouse living abroad, it's highly recommended, if affordable, for petitioners to go to interviews. Pretty much keeps questions to a minimum and seals the deal for most female applicants.

AP does not care about USC being present during the interview. Most people from Bangladesh do not get AP for relationship fraud, (in which case going to the interview together would help), they get it for security checks. These checks are done for common names and for people of the T (terrorist) countries where bangladesh is included. While many men get AP's, it is rare for women, although more women are getting AP's nowadays.

Basically - to summarize, I have been through AP for 13 months, my husband is here, Alhamdulillah, but it was a long and excrutiatingly hard road. If your husband or wife is put into AP for security checks, even the ambassadors, senators, or VP (I had tried most of them) can aid in speeding up the process. If you do not get AP, it does not mean your case is unique or more trustworthy, in many cases it depends on the consulate who interviews you, and also the relative ages of the couple, also home visits can be included and if there is some confusion on the side of the consulate, they can issue an AP for just about anything, which can last from 1 week to over 1 year.

Keep a positive mind, go to the interview confident and give honest answers, admit it if you don't remember a date or a particular detail and have sufficient income or sponsors if necessary and all of the documents as well as additional questionnare filled out and organized in a folder. Make sure to take pictures if they apply and original copies of documents and hopefully you will not encounter AP, which is very unpredictable and does not show much pattern in who gets it and who doesn't. For more detail please read my past topics and learn more about AP.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

I was with my husband at his K-1 interview and he was still put on name check AP. It was good to show the reality of our relationship, but it was a devastating day ---- being prepared, answering the questions correctly and still being sent home with no approval. We didn't know it was for name check at first either.

Good Luck!!

HI Tammy!

I was with my husband at his K-1 interview and he was still put on name check AP. It was good to show the reality of our relationship, but it was a devastating day ---- being prepared, answering the questions correctly and still being sent home with no approval. We didn't know it was for name check at first either.

Good Luck!!

HI Tammy!

Hey Anna! I miss you dear :)

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

AP does not care about USC being present during the interview. Most people from Bangladesh do not get AP for relationship fraud, (in which case going to the interview together would help), they get it for security checks. These checks are done for common names and for people of the T (terrorist) countries where bangladesh is included. While many men get AP's, it is rare for women, although more women are getting AP's nowadays.

Basically - to summarize, I have been through AP for 13 months, my husband is here, Alhamdulillah, but it was a long and excrutiatingly hard road. If your husband or wife is put into AP for security checks, even the ambassadors, senators, or VP (I had tried most of them) can aid in speeding up the process. If you do not get AP, it does not mean your case is unique or more trustworthy, in many cases it depends on the consulate who interviews you, and also the relative ages of the couple, also home visits can be included and if there is some confusion on the side of the consulate, they can issue an AP for just about anything, which can last from 1 week to over 1 year.

Keep a positive mind, go to the interview confident and give honest answers, admit it if you don't remember a date or a particular detail and have sufficient income or sponsors if necessary and all of the documents as well as additional questionnare filled out and organized in a folder. Make sure to take pictures if they apply and original copies of documents and hopefully you will not encounter AP, which is very unpredictable and does not show much pattern in who gets it and who doesn't. For more detail please read my past topics and learn more about AP.

God bless,

Tam

Hi Tammy,

You are right, AP is unpredictable. But have you heard of any females from Bangladesh being put on AP recently. Me personally have not seen any such examples. Have seen plenty of males, but pretty rare for females, unless ia very large age gap or arranged marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.