gracedmendola

qUESTION! Forgot to include info....possible to avoid an RFE?!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I have a specific question!!!: Sent in our I-129; received a quick NOA-1 response, and then 2 days later while reading a book on the visa application process realized on my own that we didn't include the social security number of my fiance'....he was issued one when he lived in the States in the past on a student visa. Ahhhh! Since I've realized the mistake early, before even getting an RFE, is there any way to imform the USCIS of this information? Can we send an official letter to the CSC to add to our case BEFORE they contact us with an RFE? Don't want to slow the process down, and don't know if jumping ahead of them by sending a letter will cause confusion or not....very interested in hearing feedback on this!!!

Thanks so much. Grace

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Grace :) I honestly dont think your going to get a RFE for forgetting his social security number ... the question is social security number if any ... since his the beneficiary it would be assumed he hasnt got one ... When he gets his pack 3 and fills in those forms the question is asked again, he can fill it in then ...

If it required and you need to fill in something, Im sure someone else with more knowledge will be able to tell you exactly what you need to do and what form needs to be filled out ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

I have a specific question!!!: Sent in our I-129; received a quick NOA-1 response, and then 2 days later while reading a book on the visa application process realized on my own that we didn't include the social security number of my fiance'....he was issued one when he lived in the States in the past on a student visa. Ahhhh! Since I've realized the mistake early, before even getting an RFE, is there any way to imform the USCIS of this information? Can we send an official letter to the CSC to add to our case BEFORE they contact us with an RFE? Don't want to slow the process down, and don't know if jumping ahead of them by sending a letter will cause confusion or not....very interested in hearing feedback on this!!!

Thanks so much. Grace

there is no guarantee that your letter to CSC will be paired with your petition, so your letter writing may very well be an exercise in futility. nor is there any guarantee that forgetting to put your fiancee's SSN will trigger an RFE....you'd do best to just wait and see. :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks so much. Grace

You may or may not get an RFE. At any rate there is nothing you can do to head them off. The term "black hole" came originally from the reference to mail sent to the USCIS trying to avoid RFEs, it gets sucked into one of these and never comes out, nothing excapes. Without an RFE letter to keep your response attached to your case, it is rather useless to send correspondence, even more useless to make phone calls. Wait until you get an RFE, if ever

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.